My Rant: F this team.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I've been a Cowboys fan since I was 7 years old. To me, the Cowboys truly were Americas team. I've tried to stay the loyal fan, but its become almost an impossibility. I have tried to give the Cowboys organization chance after chance to prove its going to change.

I won't even get into the last 20 years of disappointment...I'll just speak towards the exciting debut and hope of Dak, only to see the Jones GM'ing and involvement at its best.

So...I've had 2 years of hopes crushed for the most part, to add with the other 20 years of misery.

Hoped that what I saw in Dak every time he takes the field is an anomaly or is just a bad game.
Hoped that now that Dak has stumbled badly for 2 seasons that a contingency plan would be put into place to find a real QB.
Hoped that the every season talk of making changes, the Man in the Mirror, and reports of all the talent the Cowboys have acquired or have on the roster would somehow show itself.
Had hope that Jerry Jones had finally gotten out of the way of ruining this team, and was no longer making knee jerk laughable decisions that pile drive this team.
Had hope that Stephen Jones is a different breed and will bring in a real GM to right this ship, only to see that he's as ignorant and stupid as Jerry.
Hoped that McClay would finally be a voice of reason, and bring talent out of the drafts that Jones has fucked up for years and keep Jerry from panicking and further stepping on the future of this team.
Hoped that Garrett would be shown the door after 8 years of coaching gaffes, mentally and physically weak rosters, and an offense that looks like it was designed for Jr High teams.
Had hope that SOMEONE in the Cowboys organization would listen to all the negative comments and press and truly try to correct what is wrong with the 2018 team.

So basically, I've finally realized that I'm just going to say Fuck what I hoped in, because its obvious outside of McClay's draft picks this team is mired in the shit that is nothing other than Jerry Jones insatiable need to feel like he's a real GM. I'm not going to go on a tangent on Jones- most of the members here know what I think about that fucktard.

But it truly dawned on me last night that's there's truly no hope for this franchise with several other Jones family members waiting in the wings to take over once skeletor dies. Unfortunately they are as arrogant in their belief they are a real football GM, and the need to be perceived as a "football man" or "football family" has completely clouded any common sense judgment for running an NFL playoff caliber type team that this family owns. They all live in the past glory of lucking into SB wins and have shown no clue on how to compete in todays NFL.

Its sad what this franchise has eroded down to, and we are right there with the other laughingstocks in the NFL.

I'm done watching the games this year, and I hope that this team completely crashes and burns so that there is a tiny sliver of hope that wholesale changes are made.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
It is all about comfort with Jerry Jones. He's comfortable with this HC.

"Comfort is the enemy of progress"-P.T Barnum.

Irony, I know.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
It is all about comfort with Jerry Jones. He's comfortable with this HC.

"Comfort is the enemy of progress"-P.T Barnum.

Irony, I know.
Goes much deeper than that.

Garrett could be replaced with just about anyone and I don't see a huge change in the outlook of where this team is.

vince

Not So New Member
Just read that Jerry Jones said on 105.3 The Fan he was extending Dak.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It wont ever change until that stadium is empty and merchandise quits flowing off rhe shelf. The guy is a snake oil salesmen and as long as we are atop the Forbes list there will never be a change.

My advice is to not let this team work you up anymore. Its just not worth it for your health, sanity, or dealing with family members after a loss. Just find a new hobby or spend more time with the family. Let this organization go by the wayside.

data

Forbes #1
if it weren't for the crashes, we could compile these sayonaras in one thread.

[STRIKE]Thorn[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Texas Ace[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]pdom[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]UncleMilti[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Hole in the Roof[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]skidadl[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]iamtdg[/STRIKE]

who's next?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
if it weren't for the crashes, we could compile these sayonaras in one thread.

[STRIKE]Thorn[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Texas Ace[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]pdom[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]UncleMilti[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Hole in the Roof[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]skidadl[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]iamtdg[/STRIKE]

who's next?
I'm kinda/sorta done. I said if Garrett comes back in 2019 then I'm officially done.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You'll all be back (or most of you will be) when the next coach and/or next QB has the team 10-2 or whatever in 2021.

Only to see it all crash and burn again.

It will. As long as Jones is running things.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You can join the small but growing group of us out here who root for total failure for this organization and its insane owner family.

Jerry has proven he doesn't care about winning or us fans, so why should we care about his team?

You should try it, it's actually pretty fun. Days like this with Jerry and his idiot puppet coach finally getting heat are gold.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
You'll all be back (or most of you will be) when the next coach and/or next QB has the team 10-2 or whatever in 2021.

Yep. I would like to say I'm washing my hands with the morons running this team but I know I can't totally do it. I guess that makes me as dumb as them but after over forty years I can't fully switch allegiance to another team.

But over the years I have learned to put the Cowboys on the back burner and still enjoy the NFL watching teams that aren't thoroughly dysfunctional like the Jones family fantasy football team in Dallas.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
You can join the small but growing group of us out here who root for total failure for this organization and its insane owner family.

Jerry has proven he doesn't care about winning or us fans, so why should we care about his team?

You should try it, it's actually pretty fun. Days like this with Jerry and his idiot puppet coach finally getting heat are gold.
I certainly enjoyed Witten progressively getting more critical of Garrett and the offense the worse they played and the later in the game it got.

Landry

DCC 4Life
You just wait until Spaulding takes over, things will change fast around here.

:jonesrocking

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'll probably always be a fan, but the apathy is real.

I totally even forgot the game was on last night.

That would have never happened until the last couple of years.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'll probably always be a fan, but the apathy is real.
I almost bought a new Cowboys cap a couple of months ago, so glad I passed. I'll always be a fan too because I've been one since '71 when I was a little kid but I'm burning out.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
I don't agree Jerry doesn't care as long as the money is flowing in. He's always had more money than he knows what to do with. What he will desperately go to the grave seeking is being considered a "football guy."

It's not enough just to win, we have to win his way.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
As I have stated before I will always be a fan of the team and wish them the best. I have watched them longer without Jones as an owner as I have otherwise so Jones is a stage in the teams history albeit a mixed bag stage in the lifespan. I have seen them since the first season with LeBaron as the midget QB to the current one who tries his best but doesn’t seem to have what it takes. I’m in all the way with the team but thourly disgusted with the Ownweship, management and Coaching staff. Memory serves me that the 70s and 80s had their droughts also.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yep. I would like to say I'm washing my hands with the morons running this team but I know I can't totally do it.
It's not as hard as you would think.

I began forcing myself to not keep up in the offseason and not follow the draft or training camp in 2012. I'll admit that I was very tempted to tune in, but I forced myself not to.

5 years later, not only do I not have to force myself to not keep up in the offseason, I honestly have no interest whatsoever to do so.

It's human nature to become more and more disinterested in something the more time you spend away from it or disconnected from it.

Because I've been disconnected from the team in that capacity for so long, even in 2014 when I did enjoy them winning, it wasn't like it used to be in the past where I'd wake up on Monday mornings feeling great. It was more like a short-lived joy than something that made me feel good for an entire week like it was in my homer days.

My point is, even if the Cowboys went out and hired Bill Belichick tomorrow I don't think I will ever care about this team the way that I did prior to me making the conscious decision to start finding ways to emotionally disconnect myself from the team.... And I have no regrets about that.

I guess you could say it was kind of like a no-looking-back type of decision and I'm glad I made it.

I promise that if you make the effort to do so in the beginning, it'll start to come naturally as time goes on and you'll be glad you did it.

Even if the Cowboys weren't the disaster that they are, there are much better things you could do with your time anyway so them being a shit show just makes it even easier to focus your time on something else.

If it wasn't for the fact that some of the best memories in my life we're enjoying those 90s Cowboys teams with my father and uncle, I think I would have checked out a lot sooner than that.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Not me.

I've missed lots of Cowboys games in the last few seasons and I haven't missed it one bit.

The only reason at all that I'm even remotely interested in what is going on with the 2018 Cowboys is because I think there's a legitimate chance Garrett gets fired. if I didn't think that were possible then I wouldn't even be paying attention the little bit that I am right now.

I played RDR while this game was on last night and I watched the highlights afterward just to see what happened and I was pleasantly surprised by how poorly they performed. All of the check boxes were met in what I consider a best case scenario type loss because it all reflects poorly on Garrett and Prescott.

Now, if they fire him it will only serve as a brief respite to me as I will wait to see who they go after next before I celebrate.

If it's some other stooge who will also serve as a puppet or they do something idiotic line extend Prescott to a big contract despite his poor play, then that will be the end of my days as a Cowboys fan for good.

My attachment to this team is already hanging on by the very thinnest of threads, so what the Cowboys do after they presumably fire Garrett will determine whether I come back to the team in some form or if I leave this garbage in the past forever.

Last edited:

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
~buying $1,500 worth of Cowboys merchandise to offset the fury~

Top Bottom