Troy Aikman calls for big changes to Cowboys organization

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Does anyone imagine that Aikman's strong statement would have any effect whatsoever on Jerry's thinking?
No. I think Romo would have more of an impact but still dont think anything would change.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think they do know it, but they either 1) feel some loyalty to Jerry because he's reportedly so nice to the players and their families or 2) they just don't have the balls Troy does. Troy is that old-school tough as nails country guy who truly doesn't give a shit if you like him or not.
Not only that, but Troy harbors some resentment at how Jerry threw away a dynasty and wasted a good number of productive years of his career. Barry Switzer was an insult to his (and everybody else's) intelligence. Witten and Romo probably balked at a Parcells type.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Z
Not only that, but Troy harbors some resentment at how Jerry threw away a dynasty and wasted a good number of productive years of his career. Barry Switzer was an insult to his (and everybody else's) intelligence. Witten and Romo probably balked at a Parcells type.
Troy May have reservations about Switzers tenure as a NFL Coach but he owes Him a debt of gratutide for his college career and the arrangements he made with the UCLA coach to pave the way for Aikman to have career there. Without Switzers assistance in paving the way , Aikman may have had a career with some other school and never been earmarked to be a Dallas Cowboy.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Jerry Jones was aware of Troy Aikman’s comments on 1310 The Ticket this week, saying the Cowboys need a “complete overhaul of the organization,” but wasn’t about to admit changes need to be made. “This is a tough stretch that we’re in,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas. “We’ve been in tough stretches when he played here. These are tough stretches and people are going to be critical and take their shots. So I’m fully aware that this is a time that we should be criticized.”

Cujo

DCC 4Life

Jerry Jones was aware of Troy Aikman’s comments on 1310 The Ticket this week, saying the Cowboys need a “complete overhaul of the organization,” but wasn’t about to admit changes need to be made. “This is a tough stretch that we’re in,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas. “We’ve been in tough stretches when he played here. These are tough stretches and people are going to be critical and take their shots. So I’m fully aware that this is a time that we should be criticized.”
Sounds like it stung a bit. Good.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Hey, Jerry! You two-bit mouth-breathin' redneck trailer park goober! You've been in a "tough stretch" for 20 fuckin' years!!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Jerry will let everyone know he took some time with the man in the mirror and vow to do better. Now how you lak those 3 Super Bowls?!

junk

Not So New Member

Jerry showing his lack of self awareness here. I'm sure he views this "tough stretch" as this season. I'm gonna go with the 2 play off wins in the last 20 years.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Jerry showing his lack of self awareness here. I'm sure he views this "tough stretch" as this season. I'm gonna go with the 2 play off wins in the last 20 years.
Somewhere along the line Jerry Jones and a large portion of the Cowboys' fan base embraced mediocrity. They're fine with being in that 7 to 10 win range with little to no hope of winning a Super Bowl.

Excellence is no longer the standard in Dallas.......otherwise fans would have stopped supporting Jerrys bullshit a long time ago.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life

Interpretation:
"I'll say something to make our fans think that all of this will pressure me into doing something about it. But I won't. I'll fire Garrett and the staff someday, when I'm ready. But the new Staff will be just like the one we have. Now shut up, and enjoy the status quo! And I'm super excited about what we're doing here in Dallas!"

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
From ‘overhaul’ to picking Cowboys to win the NFC East, what Troy Aikman is saying now

by Clarence E. Hill Jr.
November 13, 2018 02:46 PM

A week ago, former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman said the organization needed a complete overhaul.

It came after a 28-14 loss to the Tennessee Titans that Aikman called the worst he had seen for a Cowboys team coming off a bye.

The Cowboys rebounded with a 27-20 season-saving victory against the Philadelphia Eagles and now Aikman says the Cowboys are the team to beat in the NFC East.

The Cowboys (3-5) are two games behind the first-place Washington Redskins (5-3) and the two meet Nov. 22 on Thanksgiving Day after the Cowboys play at the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday and the Redskins host the Houston Texans

“Right now, if I had to pick someone, I’d pick Dallas,” Aikman said Tuesday morning on 1310 The Ticket. “The Thanksgiving game is huge. If Dallas can keep it within two games going into Thanksgiving, win that game, I think they’re positioned well. The next week or so will be interesting to see what happens.”

Aikman was impressed with quarterback Dak Prescott and how he responded in leading the Cowboys to a 27-20 victory against the Eagles when he engineered the 11th game-winning drive of his career.

Aikman said he understands why owner Jerry Jones seems committed to giving Prescott a long-term contract extension and doesn’t a problem with that decision because of the quarterback’s makeup.

But also sees nothing wrong with waiting. Prescott is under contract through the 2019 season, though the Cowboys can sign him to a long-term deal after this season.

“I’m a big Dak Prescott fan, was really happy for him to come out and respond the way he did,” Aikman said. “If you do invest that money in him, you know what you’re going to get. With Dak, I know he’ll be even more committed to being great and helping team win championship. I wouldn’t hesitate to pay him but longer you can hold off to be certain of evaluations, I don’t see anything wrong with that either.

“From what I gather with Jerry, that’s really the approach he’s taken,” Aikman added. “Does it make sense to pay Dak right away? Maybe. But the more information you can gather on any player before committing to any guy, the better.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Way to stick to your guns, Troy :picard

p1_

DCC 4Life
From ‘overhaul’ to picking Cowboys to win the NFC East, what Troy Aikman is saying now

by Clarence E. Hill Jr.
November 13, 2018 02:46 PM

A week ago, former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman said the organization needed a complete overhaul.

It came after a 28-14 loss to the Tennessee Titans that Aikman called the worst he had seen for a Cowboys team coming off a bye.

The Cowboys rebounded with a 27-20 season-saving victory against the Philadelphia Eagles and now Aikman says the Cowboys are the team to beat in the NFC East.

The Cowboys (3-5) are two games behind the first-place Washington Redskins (5-3) and the two meet Nov. 22 on Thanksgiving Day after the Cowboys play at the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday and the Redskins host the Houston Texans

“Right now, if I had to pick someone, I’d pick Dallas,” Aikman said Tuesday morning on 1310 The Ticket. “The Thanksgiving game is huge. If Dallas can keep it within two games going into Thanksgiving, win that game, I think they’re positioned well. The next week or so will be interesting to see what happens.”

Aikman was impressed with quarterback Dak Prescott and how he responded in leading the Cowboys to a 27-20 victory against the Eagles when he engineered the 11th game-winning drive of his career.

Aikman said he understands why owner Jerry Jones seems committed to giving Prescott a long-term contract extension and doesn’t a problem with that decision because of the quarterback’s makeup.

But also sees nothing wrong with waiting. Prescott is under contract through the 2019 season, though the Cowboys can sign him to a long-term deal after this season.

“I’m a big Dak Prescott fan, was really happy for him to come out and respond the way he did,” Aikman said. “If you do invest that money in him, you know what you’re going to get. With Dak, I know he’ll be even more committed to being great and helping team win championship. I wouldn’t hesitate to pay him but longer you can hold off to be certain of evaluations, I don’t see anything wrong with that either.

“From what I gather with Jerry, that’s really the approach he’s taken,” Aikman added. “Does it make sense to pay Dak right away? Maybe. But the more information you can gather on any player before committing to any guy, the better.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Way to stick to your guns, Troy :picard
I think its more of a comment about the Skins being the same or worse than the Cowboys. The East is so lame that even our jekyll and hyde asses are still in the race.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Maybe, but teams good enough to win their division are rarely in need of a "complete overhaul." At least that will be Jerry's mindset.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Maybe, but teams good enough to win their division are rarely in need of a "complete overhaul." At least that will be Jerry's mindset.
depends on what record wins the division I suppose. How shitty can it get? Didnt 7-9 win the NFCS a couple years ago? That shit was pathetic.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don’t see this as Troy flip-flopping. All he’s saying is that we could potentially win this pitifully awful division. While still holding on to the belief that we need to tear this bitch down and rebuild it from the top down.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Except he left that last part out. And I could have done without the Dak plaudits.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Except he left that last part out. And I could have done without the Dak plaudits.
That last part was what he was saying the other day. Which you compared this statement to.

Top Bottom