2018 Mid-Season Poll: Predictions for Starting QB

2018 Mid-Season Poll: Predictions for Starting QB

• Veteran/FA QB starts before Week 17

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

data

Forbes #1
Hot Seat #2 belongs to Dak Prescott. Does he make it to the end?

data

Forbes #1
I think Dak gets yanked halftime against the Saints Wk 13 and Cooper Rush starts the next week against the Eagles Wk 14.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Jerry is in the tank with Dak for the duration.

If he had a 1st round pick, things might be different, but he doesn’t so he will rationalize away everything and double down on Dak next year with a monster extension.

In this era of no intimidation allowed and 9+ ypa QBs lighting up the league, we are fricking doomed.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No way in hell Jerry pulls Dak.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm convinced that Dak could throw 5 picks in each of the next 2 games and he'll still remain the starter.

The one satisfaction Jerry won't give anyone is the admission of being wrong in the middle of a season because it allows the media to question him about it.

If he finally does come to the realization that Dak isn't the guy, then he'll something about it in March when the NFL is in its offseason and no one is around to question him about it on a daily basis.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
These dumb fucks won't even pass on first down to buck tendencies they sure as hell aren't going to admit any mistakes and yank Dak.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Barring injury, Dak will start every game this year. And probably enter next year as the starter as well.

data

Forbes #1
We lose the next two (Philly and Saints) for four straight losses. They’ll sacrifice Dak before firing Garrett mid-season.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Jerry just did his radio interview and when asked his feelings on Dak he said(with no hemming or hawing) "Dak is the qb of the Cowboys and will be extended"

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Jerry's in too deep to turn back now. 2019 first round pick is gone and no shot at drafting any of the top QB prospects.
Dak stays unless something unforseen happens in the draft and someone falls. No decent FA's either.
There will be Dak, oh yes, there will be Dak

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Jerry just did his radio interview and when asked his feelings on Dak he said(with no hemming or hawing) "Dak is the qb of the Cowboys and will be extended"
Not enough of these :doh on the internets for this

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Jerry's in too deep to turn back now. 2019 first round pick is gone and no shot at drafting any of the top QB prospects.
Dak stays unless something unforseen happens in the draft and someone falls. No decent FA's either.
There will be Dak, oh yes, there will be Dak
Honestly, I would keep rolling Dak and Garrett out there for now unless you just want to tank the season. I absolutely wouldn't do that while the playoffs are still a mathematical possibility. Further I just don't think an off-season of regression under Kellen Moore has prepared White or Rush to lead the team. Blind leading the blind...

Once we're eliminated I certainly wouldn't fire the coaches. The wheels haven't come off yet. Let them finish the season. Who you want to replace Garett with, Lienhan? I don't think Rashard is ready. Marinelli I guess but he's so close to retirement, would he even want to? Not to mention he's gonna get canned too at the end of the season.

Sometimes there are no good answers other than to play it out.

I would fire Kellen Moore now for what its' worth.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on QB Dak Prescott: 'He's young and he's going to get extended'

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on QB Dak Prescott: 'He's young and he's going to get extended'

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones spent his regular Tuesday morning radio show talking through yet another loss, the latest a 28-14 thud on Monday Night Football at home to Tennessee.

He has been consistent in his support of third-year quarterback Dak Prescott, even as the offense flounders and the team dropped to 3-5. But on this day, he took his Dak Backing to another level.

"Dak is the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys," Jones said on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]. "He's young, and he's going to get extended."

Jones by no means needs to make that decision now, much less state it publicly. He and the rest of the Cowboys decision-makers could use the second half of the season to make up their minds if they want to negotiate what is expected to be a $100 million long-term deal with Prescott because of the going rate of quarterbacks.

The two sides can begin negotiating an extension after this season, though they don't have to. Prescott is under contract through 2019.

Prescott's play going back to last season has made others question if he should be the franchise quarterback going forward, but Jones has not wavered. This support comes after Prescott threw an interception in the end zone in double coverage Monday and lost a costly fumble. The passing offense has struggled to get on track.

"He is completely capable," Jones said of Prescott, "of looking at what the situation was last night, looking at a throw like he made in the back of the end zone for the interception. You don't have anybody more capable of looking at that and taking it to the practice field and learning from that for the next ball game."

Jones also said not to expect major coaching or personnel changes as the team prepares for playing Sunday at Philadelphia on a short week. He noted the moves over the bye week of adding receiver Amari Cooper and firing offensive line coach Paul Alexander and said this team can play better.

"I want to emphasize this - what bothers me anything is the way that we've played, more so, if you will, than 3-5," he said. "To win games, we have got to play better in all phases of the game. ...I believe, strongly, that we can play better. We can play better with our personnel, we can play better on an individual basis. I think that we will play better. ...

"This is not the time in my to be changing concepts or changing philosophy."

Jones said that despite the veneer Jason Garrett displays publicly, the head coach is acutely aware of what Dallas is up against.

"You'd have to be a complete robot :lol to not understand that we have a lot of work to do," Jones said. "He will go about in his judgment the best way to line up here and play the game this week."

p1_

DCC 4Life
I would fire Kellen Moore now for what its' worth.
that sounds inconsistent with everything you said above. Why would Moore be fired now without firing significant coaches?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Entire season. I wouldn't mind seeing Rush come in at the end because I doubt it will make any difference in draft position and that's all Dallas has to play for, even if it's only a better second round pick they're playing for now.

Top Bottom