Week 9 Game Day Chatter |Titans @ Cowboys | 11-4-2018

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Too bad we won’t have a shot at Grier.
I look at Grier as a late 1st/early 2nd type, so I was thinking we'd have a shot with our top 10 2nd round pick.

That could change if he continues to light it up and has a great Senior Bowl though.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Fuck you, Garrett.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

we made him look respectable

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Landry

DCC 4Life
And this is why I don't stay up for the night games. Saw some of the replay this morning and it's the same old shit.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Dak never had elite natural arm talent and was never a natural thrower of the ball, his release and mechanics just aren't smooth and crisp like the top QB's, but I think he could've been effective in a Newton-type offense. A better offensive staff could get way more out of him but I think he's past the point of no return now, due to a combination of his own faults and because ultimately I don't think much has been done to help or develop him, relatively speaking.

Kellen Moore is his QB coach for Christ's sake and the offensive design/play-calling refuses to adapt to the point that Booger fucking McFarland is calling you out for 3 quarters for how predictable you are, and all his criticisms actually continued to play out in real time.

All of it is just pathetic.
Agreed.

While I want a replacement for Dak as well, it's easy and convenient for fans to pile onto him for this offense's failures simply because he has the ball in his hand most of the time. When the fact of the matter is, Cowboys management and this coaching staff has failed him and stunted any potential he had for growth.

Putting Dak's development into the hands of Kellen Moore is akin to a school like Alabama entrusting the development of their 5-star freshman QB to some 23 year old grad assistant. It was a dumb decision that was doomed from the start. Everyone should have seen this coming but of course people in Dallas think with their heart and not with their head. They only see what they want to see.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
2 defensive turnovers early in the game with 0 points to show for it.

Predictable, scared, play calling.

Prescott's underwhelming performance again.

This game was an embarrassment, painful to watch.

Every time the camera cut to Garrett on the sidelines, he was just standing there with a clueless look on his face, chewing on his gum........it's maddening to watch. Oh well................................................

Bring on the dirty birds from filthadelphia.
Here's one more for the Garrett scrap book.

The camera actually caught Garrett clapping after that pathetic 4th down pass attempt by Dak.

NJ Cowboy Fan

Brand New Member
Here's one more for the Garrett scrap book.

The camera actually caught Garrett clapping after that pathetic 4th down pass attempt by Dak.
That's right that's his other signature move clap like a seal regardless of the outcome of the play. he clapped after his challenge was overturned.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So, how's the progress going on making this KC Chiefs Central?

p1_

DCC 4Life

:flip Fuck you, Dak.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That particular INT was them forcing the ball to Cooper so Jerry could show off how smart he was trading for his new toy. No doubt about it.

Glazer even reported we'd do that on Sunday morning... not that it took any special source to know that was coming.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
That particular INT was them forcing the ball to Cooper so Jerry could show off how smart he was trading for his new toy. No doubt about it.

Glazer even reported we'd do that on Sunday morning... not that it took any special source to know that was coming.
I don't have a problem with the play call. Cooper looked good to great last night. It just wasn't there. That was on Dak 150%. He should have pulled it down and gotten some yards. I do have some problem with wtf they didn't call any planned QB runs. Especially at the gl.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I look at Grier as a late 1st/early 2nd type, so I was thinking we'd have a shot with our top 10 2nd round pick.

That could change if he continues to light it up and has a great Senior Bowl though.
That Texas game has put Grier back on the map. He was dropping dimes all over the field and he's pretty mobile...the kind of QB that is made for todays NFL IMO. Yeah I'm a WV homer, but the guy has huge talent and a big accurate arm.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Given the current state of affairs in the Cowboy organization, I'm wondering why anyone thinks drafting a QB is the answer to anything. True, Dak may not be the guy but the problems run way deeper than that. Plugging in a rookie QB is treating the symptom, not the disease.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't have a problem with the play call. Cooper looked good to great last night.
Of course it was on Dak, the WR was never close to open so that ball has to be thrown into the stands.

Wait, maybe that's what Dak was trying to do, but with his accuracy...

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Given the current state of affairs in the Cowboy organization, I'm wondering why anyone thinks drafting a QB is the answer to anything. True, Dak may not be the guy but the problems run way deeper than that. Plugging in a rookie QB is treating the symptom, not the disease.
Name me one obviously playoff-bound team who doesn't have an elite QB and there's your answer.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Bumped into a guy at the self checkout in the grocery store wearing a Dallas sweatshirt(Rare around here) about an hour ago and asked him how he liked the game last night. He started by rolling his eyes then said "Linehan, Garrett, they've all gotta go and Dak sucks. Jerry's a damn moron and I wish he'd sell the team. I've been a fan since 2000 and really regret it, I might start following the Colts." The guy he was with was wearing Packers gear and snickered.

I had to resist the urge to give him a hug and say "I feel your pain, kid, I feel your pain."

Top Bottom