Week 9 Game Day Chatter |Titans @ Cowboys | 11-4-2018

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
UOTE=1bigfan13;455792]Agreed.

While I want a replacement for Dak as well, it's easy and convenient for fans to pile onto him for this offense's failures simply because he has the ball in his hand most of the time. When the fact of the matter is, Cowboys management and this coaching staff has failed him and stunted any potential he had for growth.

Putting Dak's development into the hands of Kellen Moore is akin to a school like Alabama entrusting the development of their 5-star freshman QB to some 23 year old grad assistant. It was a dumb decision that was doomed from the start. Everyone should have seen this coming but of course people in Dallas think with their heart and not with their head. They only see what they want to see.[/QUOTE]
It would seem to me that if you want to replace Prescott then it doesn’t matter about the position coach. I think Dallas needs a more experienced position coach for the QB but there needs to be QB materiel to work with. I can see no evidence of Prescott ever being able to get on top of his negative habits.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Name me one obviously playoff-bound team who doesn't have an elite QB and there's your answer.
So drafting a QB out of college automatically translates to to an elite NFL QB? And a playoff bound team? All sorts of other things have to fall into place, not least a strong organization.

It happens here and there, occasionally. Given 20-plus years of failure under Jerry, I defy anyone to tell me how some QB that all the draft nerds get turgid about will come in and wave a magic wand and take the Cowboys on a magic carpet ride to the playoffs.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Well Schultz clearly just had no idea what he was doing.
Yeah, I don't think that was play design. That was a rookie who missed a call.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I don't think that was play design. That was a rookie who missed a call.
We have way too much of people not knowing what the fuck they are doing. I remember of a couple of plays where Dak was basically telling WR's to come in motion because they weren't doing what they were supposed to (Stomping his foot repeatedly and then basically turning to the receiver and telling him to come in motion). For a team that runs one of the least complex offenses in the NFL they are still clueless.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know how the guy can be so unprepared. He is a rookie but he did all this shit at Stanford. And it's not like it's week 1. We are half way through the season. He should not be making stupid mistakes like this. And yet it's Rico who we are deathly afraid of fucking up. It's just crazy to me.

p1_

DCC 4Life

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't know how the guy can be so unprepared. He is a rookie but he did all this shit at Stanford. And it's not like it's week 1. We are half way through the season. He should not be making stupid mistakes like this. And yet it's Rico who we are deathly afraid of fucking up. It's just crazy to me.
Which brings us back to coaching. Less bullshit motivational speeches and more technique and X’s and O’s, please.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sure, Schultz is at fault there, and he's a rookie, but at the end of the day we're half way through the season and Garrett just hired a new TE coach in the offseason, so ultimately it falls on both him and the TE coach.

Schultz had another fuck up similar to that on the goal line, so obviously there's a theme here.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
We've talked about moving on from Dak a lot, and rightfully so. But I see no way of upgrading the QB position over the off-season. Without a solid QB we're going nowhere, and we're all fully aware of that. Question is who, when, where, and how? Do we reach in the second round out of desperation, and pass over a solid player for another position? Do we eat the shit sandwich and keep Dak through 2019, hoping to tank for a top 5-10 pick? There's no FA answers out there either.
Looks to me like we're gonna have to get used to Dak until the 2020 draft. I see no way around it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
We've talked about moving on from Dak a lot, and rightfully so. But I see no way of upgrading the QB position over the off-season. Without a solid QB we're going nowhere, and we're all fully aware of that. Question is who, when, where, and how? Do we reach in the second round out of desperation, and pass over a solid player for another position? Do we eat the shit sandwich and keep Dak through 2019, hoping to tank for a top 5-10 pick? There's no FA answers out there either.
Looks to me like we're gonna have to get used to Dak until the 2020 draft. I see no way around it.

It should be the new HC's decision.

Until the GM decides we need a new HC, though, we'll be stuck with what we have at QB.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Yep. The Cooper trade all but assured that. Even if we still had that first rounder, they weren't going QB. Jerry, for whatever reason, is clearly enamored with Dak and thinks he's a "steal." The problem is that you're giving up a potential top 10 pick for a player that will never be properly used while Dak is the QB. Even if you had a QB that could get the most out of Cooper, he still wouldn't be worth a top 10. Pulling the trigger on that trade with Dak as the QB is just perplexing.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yep. The Cooper trade all but assured that. Even if we still had that first rounder, they weren't going QB. Jerry, for whatever reason, is clearly enamored with Dak and thinks he's a "steal." The problem is that you're giving up a potential top 10 pick for a player that will never be properly used while Dak is the QB. Even if you had a QB that could get the most out of Cooper, he still wouldn't be worth a top 10. Pulling the trigger on that trade with Dak as the QB is just perplexing.
Yeah I thought the acquisition of Cooper could actually make sense if the team was able to turn it around and make a run this season but after the Titans game and the team performance plus the Prescott collapse, it’s just another desperate wasted patch on a worn out tire of a team.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Top Bottom