Week 9 Game Day Chatter |Titans @ Cowboys | 11-4-2018

p1_

DCC 4Life

Sheik

DCC 4Life
He needs to start talking about the 4th phase, which should really be phase 1. Coaching. I want to hear him talk about that phase.

p1_

DCC 4Life

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Yeah me too, I even mentioned it in this thread when it happened. Someone said it could be the players were being too cautious after some of the iffy flags called against them. Maybe one of the coaches told them to dial it back or something but I don't care, you can't play scared/tentative.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
He probably remembered he might be on camera...

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Frustrating thing is that if we had a healthy Romo at QB we could play with anyone. Of course that's because Romo was both QB and OC...
Yeah, he made up for a lot of coaching and personnel deficiencies and those are being exposed right now because Dak is nowhere near the improviser he was and can't touch his pocket instincts.

Still waiting for a Romo "Miss me yet?" meme...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Can we PLEASE fire Garrett and Linehan now?

Rev

Staff member
Be prepared to lose our 2020 first round pick to deflect from this loss.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dak never had elite natural arm talent and was never a natural thrower of the ball, his release and mechanics just aren't smooth and crisp like the top QB's, but I think he could've been effective in a Newton-type offense. A better offensive staff could get way more out of him but I think he's past the point of no return now, due to a combination of his own faults and because ultimately I don't think much has been done to help or develop him, relatively speaking.

Kellen Moore is his QB coach for Christ's sake and the offensive design/play-calling refuses to adapt to the point that Booger fucking McFarland is calling you out for 3 quarters for how predictable you are, and all his criticisms actually continued to play out in real time.

All of it is just pathetic.
It could be Cooper made things slightly worse because Dak felt pressure to throw to him instead of Beasely.

Dak was a fourth round pick for good reasons

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am officially ready to declare Prescott a liability to the team. I actually feel sorry for the guy. He has had no guidance from the staff and they have left him out on an island but things are what they are so just prepare for more of the same. This game was an opportunity to take advantage of the division standing but it was just a pathetic effort from the game plan on down. It didnt take much for the Titans to realign there defense once they saw that the passing game for Dallas wasn’t a threat. They quickly went to a stack alignment and that was that. Prescott continued to fail at the reads and the run was stuffed. The game was actually over early in the 3rd quarter.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Too bad we won’t have a shot at Grier.

Rev

Staff member
Too bad we won’t have a shot at Grier.
Yep. Any hopes of one of the top QBs vanished with that ridiculous trade that really turned the tide for us last night.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Dak never had elite natural arm talent and was never a natural thrower of the ball, his release and mechanics just aren't smooth and crisp like the top QB's, but I think he could've been effective in a Newton-type offense. A better offensive staff could get way more out of him but I think he's past the point of no return now, due to a combination of his own faults and because ultimately I don't think much has been done to help or develop him, relatively speaking.

Kellen Moore is his QB coach for Christ's sake and the offensive design/play-calling refuses to adapt to the point that Booger fucking McFarland is calling you out for 3 quarters for how predictable you are, and all his criticisms actually continued to play out in real time.

All of it is just pathetic.
Agree. Contrast the Dak of now with the Dak of his rookie year. Yes, he had a better O-line and had Dez and Witten. But he was playing looser then. I think Garrett and Co. have tried to stuff Dak into a box -- Garrett's ideal of a QB and scheme.

What Mariota did last night and what Newton does would be great for Dak. But that offensive scheme is too new-fangled for Garrett. It's not the way Ernie Zampese would have done it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It did me, too...but that wasn't long after LVE's absurd roughing flag. Should have frikkin smashed him anyway.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
With Gallup, Cooper, the OL, and Zeke...I'm confident that this team could be turned around QUICKLY with coaches who know how to...coach.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It is amazing how many blatantly obvious plays this morning challenges.

They're not even bang-bang or close call type situations.

They're always "WTF are you looking" at type challenges.

And yet, no one in front office seems to notice or care how poor their HC is at something so simple.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Good to see the media turning on him. Now do it with your damn questions.

NJ Cowboy Fan

Brand New Member
2 defensive turnovers early in the game with 0 points to show for it.

Predictable, scared, play calling.

Prescott's underwhelming performance again.

This game was an embarrassment, painful to watch.

Every time the camera cut to Garrett on the sidelines, he was just standing there with a clueless look on his face, chewing on his gum........it's maddening to watch. Oh well................................................

Bring on the dirty birds from filthadelphia.

vince

Not So New Member
Is it wrong that I find solace when coming in here to see the aftermath?

Top Bottom