Cowboys fire OL coach Paul Alexander, name successor

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is really setting up to be something for Garrett the rest of the season. Jerry clearly isn't happy. He also won't be happy to have to eat the last year of Garrett's contract if he fires him.
The only thing that would affect Jones was paying the last year of Garrett's contract.

He's not "unhappy". He still thinks that this season is salvageable.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
:lol

You fire the O-Line coach cuz why?

The guy loses arguably his best player to some freak surprise disease, and the line looks worse for it, but you fire him?

Is that supposed to distract the average fan into thinking he(Alexander) was the issue all along?

Sheik

DCC 4Life
It’s like firing your gardener because his mower blew up halfway through cutting your lawn.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

The guy loses arguably his best player to some freak surprise disease, and the line looks worse for it, but you fire him?

Is that supposed to distract the average fan into thinking he(Alexander) was the issue all along?
Deck chairs..Titanic..etc

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

All I know is that the OL hasn't looked "right" all year.

And it is not just Frederick etc.

Guys like Smith and Martin just haven't looked right.

They just have both looked uncomfortable.

Minor things like hand placement and so on, which Alexander has said he changed, have been off.

Will this make the OL rebound and be dominant? Maybe not.

But something was clearly wrong. I don't view it as a scapegoat thing.

If this season's team is going to do what they want, they don't need the lifeblood wondering how to play and thinking it conflicts with the coach's design.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Will

Minor things like hand placement and so on, which Alexander has said he changed, have been off.

If this season's team is going to do what they want, they don't need the lifeblood wondering how to play and thinking it conflicts with the coach's design.
Couldn’t agree more. The OL has gone from top to mediocre without a reason.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I expect the line to look better even this next week . They’ve been out of sync the whole year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I expect the line to look better even this next week . They’ve been out of sync the whole year.
Hopefully he is at least smart enough to correct the road struggles. It shouldn't be that conplicated.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

It's been a seesaw of issues between the OL, QB play, WR, playcalling and TE play all season. You might as well say 90% of the offense which is supposed to be the RHG's strong suit.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
It's been a seesaw of issues between the OL, QB play, WR, playcalling and TE play all season. You might as well say 90% of the offense which is supposed to be the RHG's strong suit.
For me, it's another case of too little, too late. Jones and Company have waited till halfway into the season to try and implement changes to problems that were glaringly obvious to everyone in the offseason, but weren't obvious to the dumbasses who run this team.

It's possible the changes bear fruit, but I'm not counting on it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
For me, it's another case of too little, too late. Jones and Company have waited till halfway into the season to try and implement changes to problems that were glaringly obvious to everyone in the offseason, but weren't obvious to the dumbasses who run this team.

It's possible the changes bear fruit, but I'm not counting on it.
I’m with you regarding the wideouts and TEs. But no one knew the oline would be so average.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

People bitch if you do nothing, people bitch if you do something.

I guess Garrett should have just quit himself; that's the only thing people really would shut up about.

I get it, no one thinks Garrett is doing a good job, but let's please stop with the crazy blame game as if this is some sort of deflection. Obviously the guy was not a fit and even posters here had called it out.

Hey, maybe they actually did make the right decision. You can still think everything else they are doing is bad.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I’m with you regarding the wideouts and TEs. But no one knew the oline would be so average.
I had my doubts how good it would be once TF was lost, he made up for some weaknesses all by himself. Run blocking, pass blocking, OL alignment adjustment after reading the defensive formation, clean, reliable snapping, etcetera. I remember the years we struggled for lack of a solid center.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yeah, I mean what kind of professional organization would even think that implementing a completely different scheme along the OL might have negative effects?

:unsure

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, I mean what kind of professional organization would even think that implementing a completely different scheme along the OL might have negative effects?

:unsure
Really, how did Alexander even get past the interview process?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Really, how did Alexander even get past the interview process?
At the end of the day, we just thought he was the right kind of guy to coach the Dallas Football Cowboys.

p1_

DCC 4Life

as many of us have said, its not one thing.

Top Bottom