Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now we need [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION] to write an article stating that it's time for Garrett to go.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnuttz View Post
      Now we need [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION] to write an article stating that it's time for Garrett to go.
      No shit .
      defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by boozeman View Post
        Good. It was pretty clear the players weren't responding to him.
        Yeah I'm just not sure what this does. Maybe Colombo will have a better idea of how to get these guys working as a unit on the road. I've got my doubts. It may be a little different if we were bringing in a legit offensive line coach. But this is like firing Linehan and promoting Kellen Moore. Just feels a bit empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post

Yeah. The Houck thing definitely tempers my enthusiasm.

Comment

Garrett clearly used the assistants as scapegoats after last season, I think this firing might be an indication that Garrett actually will be on the chopping block if we continue to flounder.

As an aside, this isn't 1998, teams aren't strictly zone or gap blocking these days. It's definitely a spectrum as far as certain teams leaning one way or the other but every team in the league is utilizing both zone and gap runs, so I wouldn't worry about "switching schemes" or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
              *The Teflon coach finds another scapegoat.
              hes running out of options.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
                Garrett clearly used the assistants as scapegoats after last season, I think this firing might be an indication that Garrett actually will be on the chopping block if we continue to flounder.

As an aside, this isn't 1998, teams aren't strictly zone or gap blocking these days. It's definitely a spectrum as far as certain teams leaning one way or the other but every team in the league is utilizing both zone and gap runs, so I wouldn't worry about "switching schemes" or anything like that.
                The problem is can you use a position coach you just hired as a scapegoat? He sort of used our previous O-line coach as a scapegoat too. It's hard to scapegoat the guy who you just brought in to turn things around. Sort of brings your judgement into question.

Comment

Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                  Yeah. The Houck thing definitely tempers my enthusiasm.
                  whatta ya figure Houck has been up to these last few years? Working up schemes in between shuffleboard and bingo sessions?

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post

I didn't hear about that part, color me unimpressed despite Poodle's endorsement. Maybe because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DLK150 View Post
                      I didn't hear about that part, color me unimpressed despite Poodle's endorsement. Maybe because of it.
                      I'm not even sure what a consultant does. So I'm not really that worried. This is on Colombo if he sinks or swims.
                      Last edited by Cowboysrock55; 10-29-2018, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                        I'm not even sure what a consultant does. So I'm not really that worried. This is on Colombo if he sinks he swims.
                        You see that consultant title tossed around all the time, offense, defense, ST, etc. Probably just sticks his nose in during meetings and points out something he thinks he sees on tape or something like that. I agree it's on Colombo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                          This is on Colombo if he sinks he swims.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                                Man I am tired today. That's pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X