Should Garrett be taking the bye weekend off and traveling to a World Series game?

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Sounds to me like he's a guy not at all worried about losing his job.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don’t know what all the flak is about. Whether it’s a World Series game or a stroll in the park it’s a recreational outing. I don’t see the problem some seem to have discovered.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
When a coach's record is 69 - 57 with one playoff win in 9 years, that's a problem.

When you're 3 - 4 and getting paid $6 million a year, and you're so tone-deaf that you don't get the fact that it's bad optics to be seen "recreating," that's a problem.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don’t know what all the flak is about. Whether it’s a World Series game or a stroll in the park it’s a recreational outing. I don’t see the problem some seem to have discovered.
I'm guessing Romo and Wittens trip to Cabo was ok, too?

It really doesnt bother me that much because even if he was there he wouldnt be able to figure out what to do regardless.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Doesn't bother me. Everybody has to get away and unwind and clear their mind.
No one was upset about it until Jimmy called him out on it, and I do see his point. But we all have to relax and catch our breath.

jaf1224

Not So New Member
I see the perception part of it being bad and gives everyone something to bitch about. That being said, I doubt it has much impact on the team being prepared. In the whole time he's been here, I can rarely think of a time where they looked prepared regardless of what he did. So I'm sure they'll come off the bye looking as flat as always and that likely wasn't going to change even if he was game planning 24/7.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I see the perception part of it being bad and gives everyone something to bitch about. That being said, I doubt it has much impact on the team being prepared. In the whole time he's been here, I can rarely think of a time where they looked prepared regardless of what he did. So I'm sure they'll come off the bye looking as flat as always and that likely wasn't going to change even if he was game planning 24/7.
You're right in the sense that preparedness has nothing to do with it. It's more to do with the message it sends to fans and players. I'm flyin' out to LA to catch the series and chill with my bud Brad Paisley, like I'm some kind of fuckin' celebrity sittin' on top of the world.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, everyone should be in the lab figuring out the shitty offensive production.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Flying to catch the game takes up most of a whole day. It’s unfair but it looks like Garrett isn’t concerned about getting the Cowboys ready for their next game.

Behind the scenes he’d normally be using the bye to get ready for the short week vs. Washington, but since they literally just did that it freed up some time.

Sounds like a coach with job security.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
So they have this really piss-weak offense, thanks in part to Garrett's piss-weak scheme and Linehan's piss-weak play calling. They bring in a (former) hot-shit WR to juice up the offense, now I read the next practice is Wednesday.

Would you imagine they take a couple extra days to work on some new things? New wrinkles? Just asking.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Flying to catch the game takes up most of a whole day. It’s unfair but it looks like Garrett isn’t concerned about getting the Cowboys ready for their next game.

Behind the scenes he’d normally be using the bye to get ready for the short week vs. Washington, but since they literally just did that it freed up some time.

Sounds like a coach with job security.
smells like Cabo San Lucas to me.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
If I thought he was capable of fixing what's wrong with the offense with the extra time it would bug me but I doubt he would change much anyway. Maybe he figured he would still have the usual week to "prepare".

If he ends up laying another egg against the Titans which I kind of expect, he might catch some heat from the media about it but you're not talking about a quality head coach, let alone one with his job on the line. Part of me thinks he doesn't really GAS though and that does have something to do with him being comfortable that he won't get fired.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
smells like Cabo San Lucas to me.
Just leaves a bad taste in people's mouths when guys like Dak are staying put for the 2 weeks to try and improve and build chemistry with Cooper. Yet Garrett is off having a mini vacation.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This guy is literally the worst, right after the moron owner who enables him.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Just leaves a bad taste in people's mouths when guys like Dak are staying put for the 2 weeks to try and improve and build chemistry with Cooper. Yet Garrett is off having a mini vacation.
The one whose job is supposed to be on the line .

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
In his 30 for 30 even Romo mentioned that his trip to Cabo wasnt the best idea.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't care that he's not grinding away every second in his office. Care more that he's a lousy coach and grinning politician.

But this does give off the air of him having zero concerns about his job security. But why would he? He's a made Jones man. He probably has about much chance of getting fired as Jerry Jr does from marketing.

p1_

DCC 4Life
How does Garrett hold any power with the players? Certainly they are frustrated with him too.

Top Bottom