Should Garrett be taking the bye weekend off and traveling to a World Series game?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't care that he's not grinding away every second in his office. Care more that he's a lousy coach and grinning politician.

But this does give off the air of him having zero concerns about his job security. But why would he? He's a made Jones man. He probably has about much chance of getting fired as Jerry Jr does from marketing.
Yeah, it definitely lends itself to the notion that he feels comfortable that his job is not in jeopardy. That shit is what is infuriating.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
How does Garrett hold any power with the players? Certainly they are frustrated with him too.
Just the fact that he admitted he was going for the tie in the Washington game alone should have pissed them the hell off. I know it would have me if I had busted my ass all game just to my coach play for a tie.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah, it definitely lends itself to the notion that he feels comfortable that his job is not in jeopardy. That shit is what is infuriating.
Its almost as if he is flipping his critics off.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, everyone should be in the lab figuring out the shitty offensive production.
It’s figured out already. Ask anyone on this board. Everyone had their own answer. Not going to watch a baseball game isn’t going to yield anything especially since most think the the Coach is incapable of figuring out anything. This recent whirlwind escapade is just flak.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It’s figured out already. Ask anyone on this board. Everyone had their own answer. Not going to watch a baseball game isn’t going to yield anything especially since most think the the Coach is incapable of figuring out anything. This recent whirlwind escapade is just flak.
Ok. Don't take our word for it. I mean a 2 time Super Bowl winning coach that knows how to win said the exact same thing that we are saying.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok. Don't take our word for it. I mean a 2 time Super Bowl winning coach that knows how to win said the exact same thing that we are saying.
He takes a vacation day while he scapegoats the O-line coach who was probably in the office working.

It's like he is a mini Jerry Jones.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bet Garrett still sent him a text.

But why not have a little world series celebration while you fire a guy. I'm sure that will make him feel better.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well everyone agrees Garrett doesn’t know how to figure it out so what is the point of the exercise.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He takes a vacation day while he scapegoats the O-line coach who was probably in the office working.

It's like he is a mini Jerry Jones.

Do you think Garrett is capable of knowing how to get the Cowboys back on track?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You are missing my point. One would think Jimmy Johnson believes Garrett knows how to turn the ship around. Do you think Johnson has that much confidence in him? Not many thinks Garrett is capable of making a difference. To agree with Johnson’s position you would have to think Garrett staying in Dallas is going to make the team better. Do you think so. Most have given up on Garrett.

W

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you think Garrett is capable of knowing how to get the Cowboys back on track?
No but he doesn't have to rub it in the players and fans faces like a dickhead. He could at least make the appearance that he is trying to get better.

p1_

DCC 4Life
No but he doesn't have to rub it in the players and fans faces like a dickhead. He could at least make the appearance that he is trying to get better.
you mean he could actually live by the very platitudes he parrots at each news conference about getting better every day?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Oh come on now. Nothing would have been said had Johnson not made his comment. You seem to think Garrett intentionally went to the game as a gesture that he doesn’t care about the team. You can’t call him a miserable lout on the one hand then admonish him for going to the game while at the same time saying he isn’t even close to knowing how to coach even a little league team. If he isn’t capable of elevating the team then how is it that he could be a difference maker all of a sudden.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
When a coach's record is 69 - 57 with one playoff win in 9 years, that's a problem.

When you're 3 - 4 and getting paid $6 million a year, and you're so tone-deaf that you don't get the fact that it's bad optics to be seen "recreating," that's a problem.
It doesn't bother me but he sure as shit should have known it would bother a significant percentage of the fans. So yes, the outing doesn't bother me. The ignorance with respect to optics kind of does. Whatever, if he misses the playoffs he's canned. Don't think this shit will do anything to change that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh come on now. Nothing would have been said had Johnson not made his comment. You seem to think Garrett intentionally went to the game as a gesture that he doesn’t care about the team. You can’t call him a miserable lout on the one hand then admonish him for going to the game while at the same time saying he isn’t even close to knowing how to coach even a little league team. If he isn’t capable of elevating the team then how is it that he could be a difference maker all of a sudden.
I can call him a miserable lout for doing miserable lout things like spending the day on a bye week traveling on vacation while his players work their asses off.

So basically because Garrett sucks as a coach, he shouldn't even try? Or does he suck as a coach because he isn't really all that dedicated?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Stuff was said before Jimmy weighed in....

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I can call him a miserable lout for doing miserable lout things like spending the day on a bye week traveling on vacation while his players work their asses off.

So basically because Garrett sucks as a coach, he shouldn't even try? Or does he suck as a coach because he isn't really all that dedicated?
Doesn’t matter. Most have given up on him so why beat dead horse just to echo bad sentiments. The incident is just an avenue to express dissatisfaction but it isn’t really constructive criticism of how he could do better only that he did some that upsets some even more than they were before.

Top Bottom