Site upgrade

data

Forbes #1
Safari is the Dak Prescott of web browsers. Good enough for simple, short usage, but no way are you going deep effectively for professional use.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well I can’t browse the site from work anymore and so it’s either my phone or nothing.
If you're talking about using an iPhone, you can download the Chrome app and use it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Not sure if happens on other browsers, but anytime I’m on safari and I leave the site, when I come back I get an Invalid Security Token error. Doesn’t seem like a big deal because I just hit Ok and it’s fine. But it’s just another issue.
I'm on mobile 99% of the time and it doesn't happen to me. I use Chrome.

Cotton

Staff member
I finally found the option to change the site category. I changed it to "miscellaneous". Deuce, ravidubey and 1bigfan13 let me know if this allows you to access the site from your work computer. If it doesn't then I can continue to change it until the site gets past your work filters. Let me know if this worked.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Unfortunately I’m still getting a “Yikes! Scary stuff...” dialog with “Request Category: ‘Sports/Recreation;Suspicious’”

Thaks for trying. Maybe it’s cached somewhere and we just need to wait.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately I’m still getting a “Yikes! Scary stuff...” dialog with “Request Category: ‘Sports/Recreation;Suspicious’”

Sometimes that stuff takes awhile to update.

Cotton

Staff member

I have cleared the site's cache. Hopefully that fixes it. If not and it still says Sports/Rec, I'm not sure what to do.

D

Deuce

I downloaded your previous Chrome app and I still got the error message. I took a screen grab if you want it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I finally found the option to change the site category. I changed it to "miscellaneous". Deuce, ravidubey and 1bigfan13 let me know if this allows you to access the site from your work computer. If it doesn't then I can continue to change it until the site gets past your work filters. Let me know if this worked.
I don't work again until Monday night. I'll try it then.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It's the weirdest thing. I can get on Cowboy Zone and other message boards and sports sites just fine but for some reason DCC is always blocked.

Cotton

Staff member
I downloaded your previous Chrome app and I still got the error message. I took a screen grab if you want it.
Shoot it to me.

Cotton

Staff member
It's the weirdest thing. I can get on Cowboy Zone and other message boards and sports sites just fine but for some reason DCC is always blocked.
That really is weird. Would you mind PM'ing an admin there and ask them if they have run into the issue and how they resolved it? I would but I am banned there. :lol

1bigfan13

Staff member
That really is weird. Would you mind PM'ing an admin there and ask them if they have run into the issue and how they resolved it? I would but I am banned there. :lol
Sure.

Cotton

Staff member
I checked yesterday and the DCC site was still being blocked by the base's Blue Coat Web Filtering System.

I did some research on my end and ran across a website that allowed me to plug in URLs to look up their web filters. DCC is set to sports and Cowboys Zone is set as a "newsgroups and message boards".

It's weird that DCC is being filtered out as a "sports" site but I can visit all the normal sports sites like ESPN and SI just fine. Hopefully switching to the new version will do the trick.
1bigfan13, were you ever able to get on from work? I changed it to "news and media".

Cotton

Staff member
So, now that we are a few months into this new upgrade, what does everyone think?

Top Bottom