Site upgrade

p1_

DCC 4Life
I still can't add a full navigation menu, but I added Cowboys Stadium button that takes you to that forum and a Forums button that takes you to all of the forums. If anyone has any other specific navigation button I can add it.
that works.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Why the fuck is it so difficult to upload or link to an image on this site? I tried to upload an image from my desktop and link to it on a hosting site, and it's the size of a fucking postage stamp both times. It shouldn't be that complicated

http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com/forum/vip-members-area/dcc-raw/6999-the-outrage-thread?p=648921#post648921
Choose the file you want to upload, then click on "send to server" and the window will go back to the original image page and click okay. Keep in mind you have to choose a pic with proper resolution, The site won't adjust it for you.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Choose the file you want to upload, then click on "send to server" and the window will go back to the original image page and click okay. Keep in mind you have to choose a pic with proper resolution, The site won't adjust it for you.
That's still too many unnecessary steps. At sites like DCU or the Zone, or DCC before the upgrade, you just click on the image icon and paste the image link. And the pic I uploaded from my desktop came out blurry even though it's perfectly fine.

Cotton

Staff member
That's still too many unnecessary steps. At sites like DCU or the Zone, or DCC before the upgrade, you just click on the image icon and paste the image link. And the pic I uploaded from my desktop came out blurry even though it's perfectly fine.
Well, there are two ways to post a pic. Either with a URL or uploading an image from your computer. The steps to post with a URL are the exact same as the old version. Post the image URL and unclick the "retrieve remote files" check box then click ok. This version is better with posting images because on our previous version the only way to upload from your files would display the image as a thumbnail. On this version (if you do it correctly) the file shows as a normal image instead of a thumbnail.

Cotton

Staff member
I also added a "new post" button to the bottom of every page for those that like using that button to navigate.

Cotton

Staff member
Changed the image on the tab from the Cowboys helmet to just the star.

Cotton

Staff member
Just realized on the mobile version that the "Cowboys Stadium", "Forums", and "New Posts" buttons are in the "Go to" drop down menu. Just FYI.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Id like to be able to delete a new topic.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I still can't add a full navigation menu, but I added Cowboys Stadium button that takes you to that forum and a Forums button that takes you to all of the forums. If anyone has any other specific navigation button I can add it.

Cotton

Staff member
Id like to be able to delete a new topic.
I really don't want just anyone to be able to delete a thread. And, I can't set it so you can delete a thread you start.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Can we get a ‘you’re a fucking retard’ button alongside the props button?

Cotton

Staff member
Can we get a ‘you’re a fucking retard’ button alongside the props button?
I really wish I knew how to do that.

Cotton

Staff member
If you can only have one, just rename the props button to moron. Much more useful. :art
Especially in one forum specifically.

Cotton

Staff member
I put in some code in one of the template hook triggers to make it so that the Advanced Editor would always be open but apparently that's not entirely possible, but now at least you should just be able to click in the response window and it will pop up. It did this before, but only some of the time. It should do it all the time now.

D

Deuce

Not sure if happens on other browsers, but anytime I’m on safari and I leave the site, when I come back I get an Invalid Security Token error. Doesn’t seem like a big deal because I just hit Ok and it’s fine. But it’s just another issue.

Cotton

Staff member
Not sure if happens on other browsers, but anytime I’m on safari and I leave the site, when I come back I get an Invalid Security Token error. Doesn’t seem like a big deal because I just hit Ok and it’s fine. But it’s just another issue.
Who uses Safari?

Top Bottom