Site upgrade

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
That’s $20 but if you guys want it we can make it happen with the funds you all have donated.
Actually... according to:

"By default, vBulletin 5's main navigation menu only displays the sub-menu for the currently active main menu. If you are in a forum page and you want to create a new blog, you would have to click Blogs first then click "Create a New Blog". That's two clicks. If we display the sub-menus as you hover each main menu item, then you would have to click only once. This is a better user experience as user might have expected from a standard main menu navigation from other sites."

our version should already have a built-in drop-down nav menu. Their mod just adds functions to that menu.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Actually... according to:

"By default, vBulletin 5's main navigation menu only displays the sub-menu for the currently active main menu. If you are in a forum page and you want to create a new blog, you would have to click Blogs first then click "Create a New Blog". That's two clicks. If we display the sub-menus as you hover each main menu item, then you would have to click only once. This is a better user experience as user might have expected from a standard main menu navigation from other sites."

our version should already have a built-in drop-down nav menu. Their mod just adds functions to that menu.
Correct, and that mod costs $20.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Also let’s please change the site request category from “Sports/Recreation” to just “Sports”.

This kills access to the site from more than one office network filter.

Cotton

Staff member
Also let’s please change the site request category from “Sports/Recreation” to just “Sports”.

I changed on the old version to miscellaneous but maybe it lost that setting. I will look into it.

Cotton

Staff member

I can't for the life of me find this option on this version. I'll keep looking.

Cotton

Staff member
So, do you all like the user reputation thing (the bar beneath the user title)? I finally found where to remove it if we want to do so. I don't care either way.

It's in the registration options. <----- this is simply for my reference, because I will forget where I found it. :lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So, do you all like the user reputation thing (the bar beneath the user title)? I finally found where to remove it if we want to do so. I don't care either way.

It's in the registration options. <----- this is simply for my reference, because I will forget where I found it. :lol
What is it for? The more you post, the higher it gets? What makes it go up or down?

• Props
Reactions: Rev

Cotton

Staff member
What is it for? The more you post, the higher it gets? What makes it go up or down?
I have no clue. My guess is quotes and props, but in all honesty I have no idea.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have no clue. My guess is quotes and props, but in all honesty I have no idea.
That seems to be the case based on a little research I did. Moreso on props not quotes.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around

~ looks and sees that mine is empty ~

Feh... remove it.

data

Forbes #1

Remove it, as well as the FB share and Tweet buttons.

Interface will look much cleaner

Cotton

Staff member
Remove it, as well as the FB share and Tweet buttons.

Interface will look much cleaner
I believe I will leave the Twitter button at least. We can have members share the Primers bare minimum.

data

Forbes #1
I believe I will leave the Twitter button at least. We can have members share the Primers bare minimum.
What do you mean? The Twitter button only shares the individual post.

I'm talking about the Twitter button in the sidebar under the "Join Date" and "Posts".

Cotton

Staff member
What do you mean? The Twitter button only shares the individual post.

I'm talking about the Twitter button in the sidebar under the "Join Date" and "Posts".
Exactly. You can share the primers with that button on Twitter.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Question for the admins. Is there a means/way to navigate from the bottom of a thread back out to the board directly? All I see is GO TO TOP. So i go to the top and then go back out to the board level using the link. Thanks, Ill hang up and listen.

Cotton

Staff member
Question for the admins. Is there a means/way to navigate from the bottom of a thread back out to the board directly? All I see is GO TO TOP. So i go to the top and then go back out to the board level using the link. Thanks, Ill hang up and listen.
Currently, there is no such option. There is a mod that is being worked on, but it isn't finished yet.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Currently, there is no such option. There is a mod that is being worked on, but it isn't finished yet.
funny, the prior release had a drop down feature that let you navigate to several places. Of course, the upgrade eliminates that feature. ya gotta love built in obsolescence.

Cotton

Staff member
funny, the prior release had a drop down feature that let you navigate to several places. Of course, the upgrade eliminates that feature. ya gotta love built in obsolescence.
I still can't add a full navigation menu, but I added Cowboys Stadium button that takes you to that forum and a Forums button that takes you to all of the forums. If anyone has any other specific navigation button I can add it.

Top Bottom