Site upgrade

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well, that was a massive pain in the ass. Somehow (and, no it wasn't me, assholes) the database credentials got changed. It would have been someone that had access to the Cpanel login with GoDaddy, and I'm the only one that has that, and I haven't been in the Cpanel in months. I went ahead and changed the PW to the Cpanel just in case it was someone being malicious.

We did not have any malware, so that's good. I was originally told we did by GoDaddy and was told the only way to fix it was to buy their security package. (this was told to me by a guy that professed to be a Giants fan, and no I'm not kidding, amigo. He told me that when he saw the name of the site) I called vBulletin and sent them the error logs I got from the second guy I talked to at GoDaddy (who told me he was a Cowboys fan) and vBulletin said it was a database issue, explaining that the errors he sent me don't affect the software's performance. I then called GoDaddy back AGAIN, and he walked me through how to make sure the username and PW in the database matched the config file in the software. He also refunded the money for the security package since I was given the wrong information the first time I called.

And, here we are.

Cotton

Staff member
Also, I have to admit, boozeman was right. He said they were probably trying to scam us, and I told him surely not. Welp, he was right, but at least they made it right.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I kind of figured it was something along those lines although I didn't anticipate the scam angle. At least it was fixed and you received a refund.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Thanks for getting things up and going so fast. I'm sure it was a lot of work but it is appreciated. Would have hated missing out on the game chat.

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

In all seriousness, I don't think it was a scam attempt more than it was just simple incompetence by the Giants fan. I mean, it makes sense.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
One thing, is there a way to set it where you can see who liked a post? In the newer VB boards I've seen, you can click on the number of likes and it will show who liked the post.

Cotton

Staff member
One thing, is there a way to set it where you can see who liked a post? In the newer VB boards I've seen, you can click on the number of likes and it will show who liked the post.
You can do that here. Click the number and it will pop up who liked it. I propped your post so you can test it for yourself.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That's what I was trying, but when I click it, no popup. Wonder why. Anyone else on Firefox seeing this?

Cotton

Staff member
That's what I was trying, but when I click it, no popup. Wonder why. Anyone else on Firefox seeing this?
If you have an ad or pop up blocker it could be that. That little window is considered a pop up by most blockers.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If you have an ad or pop up blocker it could be that. That little window is considered a pop up by most blockers.
Doesn't work for me either, on firefox or chrome

Cotton

Staff member
Doesn't work for me either, on firefox or chrome
Hmm, that's weird. It pops up fine for me. Does it for anyone else? It might let me see it because I am an admin. If it is that way for others, I may have to dig through access settings.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Is it me or does the site still crash now and again?

Cotton

Staff member
Is it me or does the site still crash now and again?
It crashed again today. I think I have the issue figured out. We will are over the next few days.

Top Bottom