Site upgrade

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
FYI, there is a vBulletin messenger, as well. It brings up a chat window like an IM, just any case you homos want to get into an intense PM session.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So, essentially, you can highlight part of a post and a quote button will appear.
This is hands down the best new feature. Deleting a long post to only reply to a part of it was a pain in the ass. Especially on my phone. Never failed, I'd always erase back too far and delete some of what I wanted to quote. Most of the times I'd just say fuck it and give up on the reply when that happened.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is hands down the best new feature. Deleting a long post to only reply to a part of it was a pain in the ass. Especially on my phone. Never failed, I'd always erase back too far and delete some of what I wanted to quote. Most of the times I'd just say fuck it and give up on the reply when that happened.
And it also makes replying to Schmitty's long winded responses much more efficient.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I added a channel drop down menu on the Forums page. It seems kinda redundant with all of the forums below it, but thought you all might like it on say the Cowboys Stadium forum home page. Let me know.
I don't care for this but since I can just minimize it doesn't bother me

Cotton

Staff member
I don't care for this but since I can just minimize it doesn't bother me
I'm going to remove it. I can always add it to back to the Cowboys Stadium forum page if anyone wants it.

Cotton

Staff member
This is cool as shit. We can now post mp4s. We could for a brief moment on the other version but it quickly broke. You simply take the URL of the mp4 (Example: https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uplo...YRON5.mp4?_=14) and place it between the mp4 tags, which is the button just to the right of the strike through icon in the advance editor.

It shows up like:

This makes me very happy. There were a ton of articles I couldn't post because I couldn't embed mp4s.

We can now. :towel

Cotton

Staff member
Wtf is an mp4?

Asking for a friend. :unsure
It's a video file format. The Athletic uses them a lot in their articles, but I was never able to post them with the old version, but can now.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Its a pain to watch those clips on mobile. Size of screen is too big so you have to scroll side to side to see the whole video.

Cotton

Staff member
Its a pain to watch those clips on mobile. Size of screen is too big so you have to scroll side to side to see the whole video.
That's good to know. I'm not sure I can change the size of them, but I will into it. Does it work if you turn your phone on its side to rotate your screen?

Cotton

Staff member
Has anyone noticed the board loading any faster? I just spoke with GoDaddy and they say we have other options if this doesn't fix the speed. I'll be speaking with Unc about those since he is the one that put in the money for the hosting upgrade. But, wanted to get y'alls opinions on if it seems to be faster or not.

Rev

Staff member
That's good to know. I'm not sure I can change the size of them, but I will into it. Does it work if you turn your phone on its side to rotate your screen?
It does so might not be that big of a deal.

Rev

Staff member
Has anyone noticed the board loading any faster? I just spoke with GoDaddy and they say we have other options if this doesn't fix the speed. I'll be speaking with Unc about those since he is the one that put in the money for the hosting upgrade. But, wanted to get y'alls opinions on if it seems to be faster or not.
Its faster than previous.

Cotton

Staff member
There is a really cool feature where we can embed a video on any page, say the forums page just above the forum list. Too bad the NFL restricts all their shit so tight, even if we implemented this feature, it would make you go to youtube to watch the video. If anyone can find video that's not restricted we could do that every week. Like we could put up a video of the highlights from the previous week's game, etc.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
It's faster than it was recently after the upgrade. Sometimes it takes a little time to connect to the site initially but once it does, it's fine.

Top Bottom