Site upgrade

p1_

DCC 4Life
tell me again why we changed our platform? This just isnt as good as before, and things are def wonky with this new board.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
tell me again why we changed our platform? This just isnt as good as before, and things are def wonky with this new board.
One, we had malware, and two it was decided to make the move up to the latest version. I think this version is much better than version 4. And, it is growing on me more every day.

p1_

DCC 4Life
One, we had malware, and two it was decided to make the move up to the latest version. I think this version is much better than version 4. And, it is growing on me more every day.
oh, didn't know about the malware. Ill be patient, but its strange that this is the same software in a new release. It looks like something old in many ways.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I only wish for a "new Posts" button at the bottom of the page, especially in the mobile version...:sad

Cotton

Staff member
I only wish for a "new Posts" button at the bottom of the page, especially in the mobile version...:sad
I'm working on that. The guy helping build these mods has not finished that particular mod just yet. He is actually building a floating button that allows full site navigation that floats with you no matter where you are on a page.

Cotton

Staff member
Just installed a new mod that makes it easier to quote part of a post. We have all quoted someone and then wanted to delete part of their post because we specifically want to reply to one sentence in the post. You can do that now by just highlighting the text. So, essentially, you can highlight part of a post and a quote button will appear. Click on that button and the reply box will pop up and you will just quote what you highlighted.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm actually really stoked about it.
Yeah it really beats deleting out 90% of a post to reply to it. Or in the alternative quoting the entire post, bolding the part the actually matters and then cluttering up the thread with crazy long reply posts. I know at least for me this will come in really handy.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
DCU has had that function forever. Congrats on getting up to speed.

Cotton

Staff member
I added a channel drop down menu on the Forums page. It seems kinda redundant with all of the forums below it, but thought you all might like it on say the Cowboys Stadium forum home page. Let me know.

Cotton

Staff member
So, I changed the forums and thread lists to all white from the dark gray. You guys like it this way or should it go back to dark gray?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Thanks. Much easier on the eyes. ~adjusts Ben Franklin glasses~

Cotton

Staff member
I'm not sure what is up with the multi-quote. It's enabled in the settings.

Top Bottom