Site upgrade

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
2. Adding a drop-down navigation menu at the bottom of the page(s).
We don't have the ability to add that type of drop down. That's in the coding. I will look into a CSS mod, but I'm not sure we can get there.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Is there a way to make it so we don't have to log in every time we visit the site? For some reason it doesn't keep me logged in even when I check the little box.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there a way to make it so we don't have to log in every time we visit the site? For some reason it doesn't keep me logged in even when I check the little box.
I haven't had that issue at all. The site is still very slow to load for me sometimes though. Doesn't matter if I'm on my phone, computer or laptop.

Cotton

Staff member
I haven't had that issue at all. The site is still very slow to load for me sometimes though. Doesn't matter if I'm on my phone, computer or laptop.
This version is much more of a resource hog. We may have to look into bumping up our hosting.

Cotton

Staff member
Remember how we used to just have the vBulletin logo next to our board name on the tab in your browser. It is now a Cowboys helmet. Absolutely stumbled across that option. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
If the site is too slow for us to stand, we can move up a hosting package. We would move from 1 shared CPU and 512 MB of RAM to 2 shared CPUs and 1 gig of RAM. It would be about $250 for the remaining 3 1/2 years we have with this hosting contract. We have about $300 left over after the software upgrade. It's 100% up to you guys. You're the ones that put in the money. You all let us know if you're okay with this speed or if you want to move up to the next package.

FYI, the staff has been talking about doing a banner upgrade, so with the money we have left we would have to do one or the other. We don't have the money to do both.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If the site is too slow for us to stand, we can move up a hosting package. We would move from 1 shared CPU and 512 MB of RAM to 2 shared CPUs and 1 gig of RAM. It would be about $250 for the remaining 3 1/2 years we have with this hosting contract. We have about $300 left over after the software upgrade. It's 100% up to you guys. You're the ones that put in the money. You all let us know if you're okay with this speed or if you want to move up to the next package.

FYI, the staff has been talking about doing a banner upgrade, so with the money we have left we would have to do one or the other. We don't have the money to do both.
I'd rather have a faster site than a new banner

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Remember how we used to just have the vBulletin logo next to our board name on the tab in your browser. It is now a Cowboys helmet. Absolutely stumbled across that option. :lol
Yeah, saw that too. Did it happen on its own?

Cotton

Staff member
I also added some CSS language that makes the notification button pulse. Just for Rev, tbh.

Cotton

Staff member
I have gotten the twitter icon to show and have improved it. Now you can post the entire twitter URL if you would like instead of just the number. Example: Between the twitter tags you can post https://twitter.com/MRMIYAGI2127/status/1071825143427682304. This also fixed the having to refresh a page to see a tweet.

Cotton

Staff member
I also changed the text back to normal instead of bold. Sorry, LT, you got outvoted.

Cotton

Staff member
We have our Props button back!

Cotton

Staff member
We have upgraded our hosting to the next tier. You all can thank UncleMilti for ponying up the money to do it. Now, we still have money left to redo our banner. Major props, Unc.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Text looks great IMO

Top Bottom