Do Cowboys need to consider firing OL coach Paul Alexander?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't really see any evidence that Cam Fleming at RT is better than Connor Williams at LG. You'll have to qualify that somehow besides saying he has "struggled mightily." They haven't been great, but just because Fleming started in the super bowl doesn't mean he's any better than average either. He's insurance against losing a starter and having the Chaz Green effect, but I don't think he's great either.
Yeah I kind of hate making these types of moves midseason. Especially since Connor looks great some weeks and struggles others. Ultimately I've always though Connor would be a better fit at RT and Collins at LG but it's difficult because we never really explored that path. It's something that feels like it would be better done during the offseason. And just straight up benching Connor Williams at this point seems like a mistake that could hurt his career.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah I kind of hate making these types of moves midseason. Especially since Connor looks great some weeks and struggles others. Ultimately I've always though Connor would be a better fit at RT and Collins at LG but it's difficult because we never really explored that path. It's something that feels like it would be better done during the offseason. And just straight up benching Connor Williams at this point seems like a mistake that could hurt his career.
From what I'm reading it has only been 2 below average games out of the 7 for him. Thats not enough to warrant any kind of consideration on moving him or replacing him, imo.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't really see any evidence that Cam Fleming at RT is better than Connor Williams at LG.
Do you see any evidence to suggest that Connor Williams at left guard is better than Cam Fleming at RT?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Do you see any evidence to suggest that Connor Williams at left guard is better than Cam Fleming at RT?
Yeah, Connor Williams is starting, and some weeks he's played very well. Other weeks he's looked like a rookie.

But yeah, I think he's already not worse than average, which is probably about what Fleming is. And with Williams there is serious upside.

p1_

DCC 4Life
To a man, the linemen are happy Alexander is gone. They didn't like him or his philosophy. Bad fit, plain and simple.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Why in hell did we hire this guy? We are playing SO much better now, its unbelievable. An indictment of Garrett and Jerry.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Why in hell did we hire this guy? We are playing SO much better now, its unbelievable. An indictment of Garrett and Jerry.
Cooper is also a factor, but yeah it was a brain dead hire and another clear example of how these guys are stuck in the pre-FA 1990’s with their idea of how teams should be built.

Top Bottom