Watkins: The Cowboys’ trade for Amari Cooper signals a sense of desperation

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If they somehow ditch Garrett though I could see another HC/OC opening things up a bit.

Garrett is stuck in the “run sets up the pass” fantasy world of the 90’s. I don’t know of any other teams that really follow that blueprint anymore. And when no DC is afraid of your passing game because you haven’t thrown for 200 yards in multiple games, then that 90s offensive ideaology really sucks.

I think if Dak was allowed to throw it around 40 times a game that still leaves 15-20 carries available for Zeke which I’m sure would be productive carries because the passing game (hopefully) would be productive and the defense wouldn’t be sitting and waiting to shut down the run game.
The reality is we set up the run with the pass just as often as the reverse in the 1990’s. In 2014 when defenses like New Orleans stuffed Murray, Romo had to back them off with the pass.

You can’t always lead with the run, but to pass you need people who can get open.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The reality is we set up the run with the pass just as often as the reverse in the 1990’s. In 2014 when defenses like New Orleans stuffed Murray, Romo had to back them off with the pass.

You can’t always lead with the run, but to pass you need people who can get open.
You also need a coaching staff willing to make adjustments. We don't ever try to exploit people by doing anything but running the ball.

Top Bottom