Cooper Trade Postmortem

p1_

DCC 4Life
Post mortem on the trade:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Post mortem on the trade:

The stats declare that the passing yardage increased considerably but it didn’t show up as points scored. Net result more diverse but not productive on the scoreboard. This area needs a lot of attention.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The stats declare that the passing yardage increased considerably but it didn’t show up as points scored. Net result more diverse but not productive on the scoreboard. This area needs a lot of attention.
It showed up as 2.2 more points per game. That’s not insignificant.

But yes, I think everyone agrees the offense needs an overhaul.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It showed up as 2.2 more points per game. That’s not insignificant.

But yes, I think everyone agrees the offense needs an overhaul.
Yeah that's actually a pretty significant difference. You're not going to get a 10 point swing without an absolute change in offensive philosophy.

data

Forbes #1
Strength of schedule tougher on back half with Amari. Those 11 games had six playoff teams - Phi, Phi, Ind, NO, Seattle and LA.

7 games without Amari only had 2 games - Seattle and Houston.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

data

Forbes #1
Debunked by our points-per-game given up by our defense (17.5 vs 23), I would’ve thought that the biggest difference with Amari is longer offensive drives, thus making our defense better.

Even if resulted in a punt (and therefore not increasing our scoring rate significantly), it wasn’t 3-n-outs, therefore resting our defense and TOP limiting number of our opponents’.

Although points worsened, I wonder what the defensive yards look like.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah that's actually a pretty significant difference. You're not going to get a 10 point swing without an absolute change in offensive philosophy.
How is it significant? Cooper probably was acquired when Dallas had 8 or 9 games left on the schedule. They did go on a run of a winning streak but it was the Defense that primarily was dominant in that environment. It equals out to less than a field goal per game or more accurately stated a safety per game. The offense as a whole never really got better as far as point production. They were behind in the games in the 4 th Quarter for the most part. Acquiring Cooper was a good move but he wasn’t utilized nearly enough and the schemes for the offense never changed. It is a Coaching failure to not get the ball in the end zone when the team was in the red zone. Dallas was just too predictable.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How is it significant? Cooper probably was acquired when Dallas had 8 or 9 games left on the schedule. They did go on a run of a winning streak but it was the Defense that primarily was dominant in that environment. It equals out to less than a field goal per game or more accurately stated a safety per game. The offense as a whole never really got better as far as point production. They were behind in the games in the 4 th Quarter for the most part. Acquiring Cooper was a good move but he wasn’t utilized nearly enough and the schemes for the offense never changed. It is a Coaching failure to not get the ball in the end zone when the team was in the red zone. Dallas was just too predictable.
But they did, that's the point. Scoring an extra field goal per game or a safety is getting better. Scoring 20 points per game would rank you like 25th in the NFL in points per game. While scoring 22-23 points per game puts you in the 15-20th in the NFL. That is significant. Especially when your defense gives up an average of 20.3 points per game. It's the difference between winning games and losing them.

A WR isn't going to turn you from one of the worst scoring offenses in the NFL to one of the best. They don't have that type of impact. Not even the best WR's could do that. You'd need wholesale changes on offense. A different philosophy where you're not trying to milk the clock on every play and settle for field goals to have a drastic jump that you're implying.

p1_

DCC 4Life
REd Zone poverty has been well documented. I call Mr Linehan to account for that issue.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
REd Zone poverty has been well documented. I call Mr Linehan to account for that issue.
Yeah we did better in the playoffs but the play calling for the most part in the redzone straight up stunk. Frederick returning should make it a lot easier though. Dallas loves to just run right at you in the redzone. Without Frederick this year we just sucked at that in the redzone. I'm looking forward to Frederick and Martin tag teaming again next year to get some real movement upfront.

Top Bottom