Jerry pulls trigger for Cooper

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd definitely love to see some sort of comparison there. Its one of the biggest negatives everyone piles on Dak about after a game.

Some of it could be perception, but the way the WR group has squawked there has to be something to the complaints.
Well and I know they track the distance between receivers and defenders now. They have some sort of GPS technology in the pads. But I don't have access to it. Certainly someone does though and could do a comparison.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Im thinking Dak never throws this pass, regardless of how good Cooper is.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm hoping Jones is still has his faculties enough to have made the internal decision to can Garrett at the end of the year if he doesn't win the East, or advance into the playoffs.

There's simply no excuses now....the defense is the best in Dallas in what, 10 years? You have a QB who did win 13 games his rookie season, along with a top 5 RB, and now a # 4 draft pick in Cooper along with a outstanding rookie WR in Gallup. The OL is a mess, but its still easily in the top 15 OL's in the league. TE is still an issue, but it shouldn't keep Dallas out of the playoffs with good coaching. I do believe coaching gets Dak to play better, along with the OL being more sound.

And theres the rub. Garrett and his staff aren't good enough to steal a win or 2 in the playoffs.
Garrett can't win with the division hanging in the balance, which appears to be the course this season. A shitty division that's winnable, and will probably come down to the wire.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Theyre playing well, but the Skins manhandled our dline.
AP played inspired, outrunning Zeke by a good margin and Smith never felt consistent pressure.
Gruden and Callahan have monster hard-ons for the Cowboys. Gruden because he's been made to look incompetent against the Cowboys (and he is incompetent) not having beat Dallas in Wash since 2012 and Callahan because Jerry shit on him.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
good question, I was trying to see yesterday.
The way his knee bent it certainly didn’t look good - and he needed help walking off - but if it were a major injury i’d imagine they’d have published something by now

p1_

DCC 4Life
Geoff Swaim, TE, Dallas Cowboys

Swaim left the game with a knee injury, and will undergo an MRI to determine the extent of the damage. There is hope that it is not too serious. Swain has 21 catches, while the Cowboys' other tight ends, Blake Jarwin and Rico Gathers, have combined for four catches on the season. -- Todd Archer

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life
Gruden and Callahan have monster hard-ons for the Cowboys. Gruden because he's been made to look incompetent against the Cowboys (and he is incompetent) not having beat Dallas in Wash since 2012 and Callahan because Jerry shit on him.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Something tells me Amari is going to "love football" enough to milk a big contract out of Jerruh before turning to shit.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Something is definitely not working. Collins and Smith are looking overmatched

p1_

DCC 4Life
Injuries have robbed Smith of his elite athleticism. He's a shell of his former self.

Collins was never that good to begin with.
I now think Leary is a better player than Collins.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I now think Leary is a better player than Collins.
The same Ron Leary who is out for the year with a torn achilles and who definitely could never play the harder tackle position in the NFL?

You guys act like Collins is garbage because he's not Tyron Smith in his prime.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The same Ron Leary who is out for the year with a torn achilles and who definitely could never play the harder tackle position in the NFL?

You guys act like Collins is garbage because he's not Tyron Smith in his prime.
He definitely isn't.

I think there is something bigger here though. There has to a reason why these guys look like gold at home and like garbage on the road. I don't buy that the talent is just gone.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Cooper is essentially our 2019 first round pick. We were going to draft a wideout in the first round, so the comparison would be to the guys coming out next April. And that player would be a rookie receiver, and we all know the time investment there. It doesn’t usually pay dividends immediately. This move pays those returns right now and next year. There’s no waiting period .

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He definitely isn't.

I think there is something bigger here though. There has to a reason why these guys look like gold at home and like garbage on the road. I don't buy that the talent is just gone.
I know exactly what the something bigger is. The smartest player on the line and the one in charge of making adjustments to protection and blocking schemes, even over Dak Prescott, is out for the year.

The line is having breakdowns in communication. Much harder for them on the road than at home.

Top Bottom