Jerry pulls trigger for Cooper

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll bet Jones thought he was one upping Philly or maybe Philly baited him with that reported offer
Reminds me of the Eagles jumping us to draft Goedert. These two teams are so eager to fuck with the other. The Eagles would have traded that second just to keep Cooper out of Dallas.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You just gave up a first rounder. You better feel good enough about what you're getting to want him long term.
I dunno if the phrase "you'd hope..." is applicable here, but you'd hope that the Pro Scouts looked at this guy and said, "He'll be a sure fire #1 here and a big upgrade over what we had in Dez, we can't afford to pass on this guy if he's available."

You'd still prefer a savvy enough GM to win a trade once in a while, but the hope is that the scouts are saying, and that they end up right, that he's a stud.

midswat

... soon
You should just give up following the team.

Soon.
I have. I only visit here because I've been internet friends with so many of you forever.

Well, I guess that isn't true... I still follow the team from a distance and laugh at all the predictable gaffes.

BTW my sources contacted Gruden and convinced him to make this trade. Revenge for all the mean stuff you guys said to me.

Seriously though.... relax everyone. Cowboys will be good again. Soon.....

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You know Jerry, this was all about beating the Eagles to the punch. The childish back and forth between the Eagles over talent is going to end with both teams sucking.
You watch.

They are gonna go get Patrick Peterson. The whispers out of that town is that they need DB help.

And they will pay a fraction of the price too.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
First, this is ridiculously idiotic.

Second, Garrett will almost certainly be back next year although I'm guessing this might be the final straw. If he can't make it happen next year he has to finally be gone, right?

Third, I'd also guess this is an attempt to make things work with Dak and give him a full 1.5 seasons with Cooper before making a final decision on either. If (when?) things crater, it will be tank for Tua time with I guess Herbert as a backup option.

With the rumors that Herbert is planning on staying there is no way 2019 is the year to go after a QB in the top 10-15.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Oh. Of course. This makes it all better.
God damn it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Alive? It puts us in prime position.

Tank for Tua in 2020!
It does actually.

It means Garrett will most likely be back and we won't have a 1st to strengthen the roster. It could also mean that Jerry goes nuts in free agency trying to bolster the team next year and we end up going 10-6 and doing just enough to keep these fuckbois around.

GShock

DCC 4Life
First, this is ridiculously idiotic.

Second, Garrett will almost certainly be back next year although I'm guessing this might be the final straw. If he can't make it happen next year he has to finally be gone, right?

Third, I'd also guess this is an attempt to make things work with Dak and give him a full 1.5 seasons with Cooper before making a final decision on either. If (when?) things crater, it will be tank for Tua time with I guess Herbert as a backup option.

With the rumors that Herbert is planning on staying there is no way 2019 is the year to go after a QB in the top 10-15.
But my God, the generational defensive line talent we won't even sniff.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Joey Galloway is now trending on Twitter. :lol

p1_

DCC 4Life
This just shows how poorly this staff addressed the WR position last offseason.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You guys... once you start hating this team, things like this become funny to you. You don't have to feel this angst.

I think this is a great trade!
Yup. Right on.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
All this talk about tanking for 2020. Really???
We have a talented defense and just enough offense to be picking 15 or thereabouts.
No chance we ever get close to top five! Mediocrity!!

deadrise

DCC 4Life
In an effort not to be completely deflating, can I get an upside take here?

This is a player who a year ago, at this time, I would have been doing cartwheels if we had obtained, even if I found the price excessive.

Deep speed and ability that Bryant hadn't had in years, if ever. But also the size and physicality to win over the middle, on fades, on the short possession stuff too.

More talented than Dez was. Can he put it together?

Other than the quick pessimistic answer of "no" because it never works out here, this player seemingly has all the tools to be drool worthy.

Like, frankly, player for player, I'd rather this guy than Sammy Watkins for sure.
What happens when you put him in Jason Garrett's neanderthal-era scheme? Ghosts of Ernie Zampese, drawings on the walls of caves.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dunno if the phrase "you'd hope..." is applicable here, but you'd hope that the Pro Scouts looked at this guy and said, "He'll be a sure fire #1 here and a big upgrade over what we had in Dez, we can't afford to pass on this guy if he's available."

You'd still prefer a savvy enough GM to win a trade once in a while, but the hope is that the scouts are saying, and that they end up right, that he's a stud.
Yeah my hope is the scouts evaluated his tape against this up coming rookie class and decided a 24 year old Cooper was far more talented than any of them. Our history for trading for WR's is so poor though.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't really like the 2019 WR class either but the reports that we intended to go WR high in the draft, and most likely in the 1st, are disconcerting at best.

Coming to those types of conclusions 6 months out from the draft are even more idiotic than this trade.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't really like the 2019 WR class either but the reports that we intended to go WR high in the draft, and most likely in the 1st, are disconcerting at best.

Coming to those types of conclusions 6 months out from the draft are even more idiotic than this trade.
Well yeah, they really are. You should never lock into a position in the first round especially not 6 months in advance.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Top Bottom