Jerry pulls trigger for Cooper

GShock

DCC 4Life
Please fail the physical please fail the physical please fail the physical.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would actually be happier if they would have traded a 1st round pick and Jeff Heath.......
Yeah I haven't even mentioned how badly he played against the Skins. Talk about a dude who seeks out blocks and just get engulfed. He literally just stands there waiting for the block to come to him and takes no angle at all to try and shed the block.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Hey guiz he looks really greatnesses in that Twitter thingy clip on the inter webz.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Amari Cooper, meet Dez Bryant, Roy Williams, Raghib Ismael, and Joey Galloway. There's never been a problem Jerry can't solve with a speedy wide receiver -- no matter the cost.

The problem's not Garrett or Dak or the OL, it's a speedy wide receiver we've been lacking. Just look at how well it's worked out over the years.

Oh, and by the way, doesn't the #1 pick pretty much preclude drafting a QB? Dak's the answer in Jerry's book.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
In an effort not to be completely deflating, can I get an upside take here?

This is a player who a year ago, at this time, I would have been doing cartwheels if we had obtained, even if I found the price excessive.

Deep speed and ability that Bryant hadn't had in years, if ever. But also the size and physicality to win over the middle, on fades, on the short possession stuff too.

More talented than Dez was. Can he put it together?

Other than the quick pessimistic answer of "no" because it never works out here, this player seemingly has all the tools to be drool worthy.

Like, frankly, player for player, I'd rather this guy than Sammy Watkins for sure.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
I bet Linehan can't wait to use Amari Cooper on a jet sweep.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Is Hurns the odd man out?

Amari Cooper
Cole Beasley
Michael Gallup
Allen Hurns
Deonte Thompson
Brice Butler
Tavon Austin
Terrance Williams

Blake Jawrwin or Brice Butler better be getting the axe.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Amari Cooper, meet Dez Bryant, Roy Williams, Raghib Ismael, and Joey Galloway. There's never been a problem Jerry can't solve with a speedy wide receiver -- no matter the cost.

The problem's not Garrett or Dak or the OL, it's a speedy wide receiver we've been lacking. Just look at how well it's worked out over the years.

Oh, and by the way, doesn't the #1 pick pretty much preclude drafting a QB? Dak's the answer in Jerry's book.
Yup. They doubled down on Dak. Jerry or Stephen or someone just said the other day, "Dak is a long term piece here."

Yeah, and they meant it. There's no way you can make a serious attempt to replace him now, without your first. He gets not only 2018, but he'll have 2019 as well. Presumably with a revamped skill position group, to try again.

Maybe in 2020.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Here's another bit of sunshine for you guys.

I'd bet this means Garrett will be back, too. Give him time to "coach him up".
To me it reeks of win now desperation. Why else would you do it midway through? If that’s true, I think it’s Garrett’s dick on the block.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In an effort not to be completely deflating, can I get an upside take here?

This is a player who a year ago, at this time, I would have been doing cartwheels if we had obtained, even if I found the price excessive.

Deep speed and ability that Bryant hadn't had in years, if ever. But also the size and physicality to win over the middle, on fades, on the short possession stuff too.

More talented than Dez was. Can he put it together?

Other than the quick pessimistic answer of "no" because it never works out here, this player seemingly has all the tools to be drool worthy.

Like, frankly, player for player, I'd rather this guy than Sammy Watkins for sure.
I mean other than the drops he is a pretty talented receiver. He has speed, good size and the guy can get separation. Reminds me a little of Sammy Watkins and this is like our makeup move for not signing him. Of course Watkins wouldn't have cost a first round draft pick. But Cooper bring similar size and speed. Both had a lot of success early in their careers and then cooled off. Cooper is an excellent route runner and while he drops the ball he has the hands to make spectacular catches as well.

If you want to look at this from the most homer like perspective Gallup and Amari Cooper could solve the WR problem for a long time. They both have good size, excellent athletic ability and can make the tough catches. You place Beasley in the slot and your WR corp suddenly looks good instead of looking like one of the worst in football. That's with Dak at QB or someone else in the future.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It sucks because if they had found a way to do this for a second, I'd have talked myself into feeling good about it by now.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Is Hurns the odd man out?

Amari Cooper
Cole Beasley
Michael Gallup
Allen Hurns
Deonte Thompson
Brice Butler
Tavon Austin
Terrance Williams

Blake Jawrwin or Brice Butler better be getting the axe.
I would make Butler the first to go.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup. They doubled down on Dak. Jerry or Stephen or someone just said the other day, "Dak is a long term piece here."

Yeah, and they meant it. There's no way you can make a serious attempt to replace him now, without your first. He gets not only 2018, but he'll have 2019 as well. Presumably with a revamped skill position group, to try again.

Maybe in 2020.
My biggest problem is we only throw the ball 20-25 times a game. The game against the Redskins last night was the most we have thrown the ball all season. And even that only came up to 35 attempts. Are you seriously going to have enough balls to go around to please everyone? Or to even justify the cost of a first on a WR you're only throwing the ball to 7 times a game at most?

On a positive note maybe Cooper can garner enough attention to open up the run game a little. Teams have to respect his athletic ability. I doubt they were doing that with Hurns, Thompson or whatever other turd we lined up on the outside. (Excluding Gallup)

data

Forbes #1
It's fallout from not getting Earl Thomas...Jerruh was jonesing. Got him all hot and bothered to make a trade. With Earl Thomas' broken leg or whatever, it left Jerruh scratching like a meth addict.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
My biggest problem is we only throw the ball 20-25 times a game. The game against the Redskins last night was the most we have thrown the ball all season. And even that only came up to 35 attempts. Are you seriously going to have enough balls to go around to please everyone? Or to even justify the cost of a first on a WR you're only throwing the ball to 7 times a game at most?

On a positive note maybe Cooper can garner enough attention to open up the run game a little. Teams have to respect his athletic ability. I doubt they were doing that with Hurns, Thompson or whatever other turd we lined up on the outside. (Excluding Gallup)
Well, we should be throwing the ball way more. Teams know the handoffs to Elliott are coming all day long.

Throwing more should help that.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Fucking watch the Eagles trade next to nothing for Patrick Peterson. Watch them give up like a third. Or Foles and a fourth. Or something.

I'll be livid.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Just logged in and saw this. I'm stunned but not surprised at all. Don't know what to say. Im seeing visions of Roy Williams and huge lost opportunity in the draft.
About the time I thought Jerry MAY have learned from the past, he pulls this crap!!
Don't even feel like ranting after this

Top Bottom