Jerry pulls trigger for Cooper

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But if Dak can't get it to the WRs now, there is something seriously wrong with him. I would like to see him under a real coaching staff but he may already be ruined.

Fuck Tony Romos armchair quarterbacking on CBS though. If he could see the field so perfectly, why did he throw all those pick sixes?
To be fair all QBs miss open receivers sometimes. Sometimes its pressure, throwing lanes or they just didn't see it in their progression. But the idea is the more guys you have getting open on a play the more likely you are to find them. Especially since we do a shitty job of scheming anyone open.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
this is a desperate act, and further, an admission of mishandling the departure of your former number one receiver. It is an attempt to fix a poor strategy. If you call that being about winning, I have to disagree.
Shades of 2000 and 2008. Overpaid, though in Coopers case it’s a fairly young guy who can grow with Dak.

Drops are a real problem, but moreover it’s the terrible coaching that’s the real shitshow. How are we going to make Cooper better?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is shocking only if you were under the illusion he wasn't as stupid as his father.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
LOL. That goes against everything we know about each of them. Not buying that one bit.

Unless Patrik (no c) is a "real estate" mogul in Arizona with impeccable sources. Then it must be legit.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
This is shocking only if you were under the illusion he wasn't as stupid as his father.
Like Jerry isn't the one who told him to make it happen

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
LOL. That goes against everything we know about each of them. Not buying that one bit.

Unless Patrik (no c) is a "real estate" mogul in Arizona with impeccable sources. Then it must be legit.
Reggie McKenzie stated it was Goof Son on the phone.

That doesn't mean a whole lot though.

Overall, the only plus is that the whole organization owns this one.

Can't blame it on the drunk dad who went off the reservation.

This was a decision that everyone bought into.

Now that is scary on its own, but hey.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Regardless of who made the actual call, this has Jerry's fingerprints all over it. He is the "GM" after all. And very proud of his wildcatter history. Stephen might have made the call, but I have zero doubts it was Jerry that made the deal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Regardless of who made the actual call, this has Jerry's fingerprints all over it. He is the "GM" after all. And very proud of his wildcatter history. Stephen might have made the call, but I have zero doubts it was Jerry that made the deal.
Yeah this type of trade doesn't happen without Jerry wanting it to.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shades of 2000 and 2008. Overpaid, though in Coopers case it’s a fairly young guy who can grow with Dak.

Drops are a real problem, but moreover it’s the terrible coaching that’s the real shitshow. How are we going to make Cooper better?
Well now Sanjay Lal is on the clock. Great talent with something that is correctable in my opinion. I think Cooper is a great way to judge his coaching ability.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well now Sanjay Lal is on the clock. Great talent with something that is correctable in my opinion. I think Cooper is a great way to judge his coaching ability.
He is a WR coach. He teaches technique. He does not teach scheme nor how the talent is deployed.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Garrett should be on the clock. No excuses anymore.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is a WR coach. He teaches technique. He does not teach scheme nor how the talent is deployed.
No but he can work on consistency catching the ball. Cooper doesn't have bad hands. He isn't a body catcher. He just fucks up catching the ball too much. The way Dez did.

But you're right. If we call dumbass plays and don't throw the ball to him there is nothing Lal can do about that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The one plus is that perhaps Cooper can attract more attention than Hurns has.

Hurns has been pretty sorry, looks like what I read from a guy on Twitter today.

The Nolan Carroll of free agent WR signings.

He should be gone. He plays as many snaps as anyone and catches maybe a pass a game.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Jason Witten just said he thinks Dallas won the trade for Cooper.

I'm shocked.

So did Booger McFarland.

Now I really am shocked.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I do agree with smitty that I think this trade may be somewhat worth it if it accelerates the process of getting rid of Garrett and/or Dak as far as there being one less excuse for them in Jerry's mind. I definitely think part of the reason for the trade is to give Dak 1.5 years of Cooper in order to more accurately evaluate him.

Now, I'm not saying that trading for a WR like Cooper was necessary to evaluate Dak in the first place but if it accelerates that process in the front office's mind it may be worth it.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
No, they're not.

Let's not be completely pessimistic here.

Cooper has deep speed that Dez hasn't had in years, if ever.
You are right...Dez was never a burner, Cooper on the other hand has both size, and legit 4.4 speed. He's much more similar to Julio Jones. Well, except for dropping footballs.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
this is a desperate act, and further, an admission of mishandling the departure of your former number one receiver. It is an attempt to fix a poor strategy. If you call that being about winning, I have to disagree.
No I call it about Jones thinking he is about winning. I have never said it was about me thinking he was winning.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
No I call it about Jones thinking he is about winning. I have never said it was about me thinking he was winning.
are you still harping on this? No minds are going to change.

Top Bottom