Jerry pulls trigger for Cooper

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

p1_

DCC 4Life
Bam! Sanjay has spoken.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
If it makes it any better, it helps to pretend like this is the first we would’ve used on Paxton Lynch ✔

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What happens when you put him in Jason Garrett's neanderthal-era scheme? Ghosts of Ernie Zampese, drawings on the walls of caves.
I dunno, Dez did well enough. Dak did ok two years ago.

This probably all goes to shit and Prescott and Garrett both end up gone; but its obvious that at least Prescott and presumably Garrett too now have another year to right the ship.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Good; take a hike. Hate that player. Hate his game, tall, lanky, body catcher, a little deep speed but no other worthwhile attributes..... hate his attitude, demanding to be a starter.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Couldn't we have resigned Dez? They're the same player.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
No, they're not.

Let's not be completely pessimistic here.

Cooper has deep speed that Dez hasn't had in years, if ever.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Smitty

DCC 4Life
^ I'll say this.

If a first round pick is the price we have to pay for Jerry to "find out" about Dak with some talent around him, and avoid blindly giving him a megadeal, well, then maybe it's worth it.

Still not as good as an insightful GM who would just build his team the right way, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

This is a WR worth having. Overpaying by a round or two to get him here now.... and maybe watching Dak fail, and then we move on instead of signing him to an 8 year massive contract.... well, we paid one steep price but avoided a complete disaster. If Dak in fact can't make this work.

p1_

DCC 4Life

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
No, they're not.

Let's not be completely pessimistic here.

Cooper has deep speed that Dez hasn't had in years, if ever.
Catching consistency...

who's a better passer: Carr or Dak?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Catching consistency...

who's a better passer: Carr or Dak?
Yeah, they are similar with their drops. But they still aren't the same player.

And I would have said Carr is the better QB, but who knows anymore? He looks broken too. Going from one broken QB to another.

I think we all agree this move probably doesn't pan out, at least not the way Jerry wants it to. It's an overpay.

I'm just looking for some silver lining. We got a super talented player at least. Nothing we can do about the first rounder now. It's gone.

Pray that Jerry and Stephen experience some bad financial investments and have to sell the team or something.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah the athletic ability isn't even close at this stage in Dez's career. Shit Dez never had the speed Cooper does. Cooper is also a way better route runner.

Of course I don't think Cooper is as good of a jump ball receiver as Dez was in his prime either. Just different beasts.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Wow.

Even by Cowboys standards, this is unbelievably stupid.

That means Jerry really believes that Garrett and Dak can get it done.

I hope this offense plays even worse with Cooper.
Does this not fortify what I have said about Jones? He thinks he can make the team a winner.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This probably all goes to shit and Prescott and Garrett both end up gone; but its obvious that at least Prescott and presumably Garrett too now have another year to right the ship.
I agree with you on Dak getting an extra year to prove it, particularly since we no longer have a 1st round pick, but I still think there's a decent chance that Garrett is finally fired at season's end.

If we finish 6-10 or worse with no significant injuries to point to, I think Jerry finally decides to stop wasting time on the ginger.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yeah the athletic ability isn't even close at this stage in Dez's career. Shit Dez never had the speed Cooper does. Cooper is also a way better route runner.

Of course I don't think Cooper is as good of a jump ball receiver as Dez was in his prime either. Just different beasts.
One thing that I will note is Dez's hands are much better than Cooper's. Dez had quite a few drops his last few seasons in Dallas but he's still been better than Amari in that regard.

I wonder how long it'll take Dak to threaten to hit Amari in the face so he doesn't drop a pass.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Is this fucking true? I didn’t bother reading past the first page of this thread.

If this is true, I’m so fucking over this team. For good this time.

That tells me everything I need to know. They think they have their QB. Dak is getting a new contract. Dunzo.

Top Bottom