Jerry pulls trigger for Cooper

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

shane

DCC 4Life

Should be contacting Saban about replacing Garrett.
I would take Del Rio in a hot second over Garrett too.

p1_

DCC 4Life

shane

DCC 4Life
4 more years of wear and tear + his production has fallen off a great deal over the last year and a half. You can't really compare it to what Atlanta did (which isn't exactly paying dividends at least record wise)

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
What is the rookies contract?
What is Coopers with Dallas?

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Five days into this trade and I just can't convince myself that it's a good move to any extent. A first round pick just seems more and more foolish every time I think about it.
I keep thinking about all the needs we have on offense (sounds weird saying that) and how we're gonna have to watch the first round go by without participating. All those difference makers we'll never bring in. And you know the Eagles and other rivals and contenders will be adding to their already-loaded rosters.
All this for Amari Cooper
Really?

Dallas, miraculously, has had their #1 picks work out well in recent drafts -- Martin, Elliott, Jones, Vander Esch, Frederick, Charlton (jury's out), J. Smith (would have been a 1st rounder), Gregory (jury's out, would have been a 1st rounder).

Between injuries and free agency, it's hard to describe any team as "loaded" -- or, relatively speaking, more "loaded" than the Cowboys. Every team has holes.

The difference, GODAMMIT, is coaching -- what a team does with its talent.

The Eagles lost their wonderboy QB and still made it to the SB with a backup -- a 3RD ROUND PICK who had bounced around between two other teams -- and a coach who had brass balls at crunch time.

To imagine that some mythical first round pick next year would wave a magic wand and solve the Jason Garrett problem is wishful thinking. Cooper may or may not be the answer, but whatever he is, he's never gonna be the answer to Jason Carrot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Top pick would be Harbaugh.
Any time you start this exercise of who you want to be head coach, you have to process through the filter of what it would be like to work for the Joneses. It is retarded but necessary. I don't think many coaches would be able to make it work. They literally couldn't deal with this idiot family.

Harbaugh does not look like a fit at all. He had issues with Baalke and the Yorks, Dallas would be a waste of his time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any time you start this exercise of who you want to be head coach, you have to process through the filter of what it would be like to work for the Joneses. It is retarded but necessary. I don't think many coaches would be able to make it work. They literally couldn't deal with this idiot family.

Harbaugh does not look like a fit at all. He had issues with Baalke and the Yorks, Dallas would be a waste of his time.
Looking through it with that filter though would you have ever imagined Parcells would have coached in Dallas? And yes I realize I'm pinning my slight hopes to that one example. Because every other coach Jerry has hired since Jimmy is a shinning example of the filter you refer to.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Didn't Harbaugh say in an interview few years back he could never work for Jerry?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I don't recall that. Could be wrong.
Found what I was thinking of, I was wrong he doesn't explicitly say he wouldn't work for him

"Why is that? Because what Andy Reid and his program stand for is the opposite of what the Cowboys stand for. The Cowboys are a star system. It's all about building around individuals first and collecting talent, collecting great players. Andy has always been about building a team. And over the long haul, it's a team sport, and one of the greatest examples of that is what's happened with the Eagles and the Cowboys over the last 10 years. The Cowboys stand for everything that's wrong with the NFL."

https://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Harbaugh-The-Cowboys-Are-Everything-Wrong-With-The-NFL-69394642.html

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Found what I was thinking of, I was wrong he doesn't explicitly say he wouldn't work for him

"Why is that? Because what Andy Reid and his program stand for is the opposite of what the Cowboys stand for. The Cowboys are a star system. It's all about building around individuals first and collecting talent, collecting great players. Andy has always been about building a team. And over the long haul, it's a team sport, and one of the greatest examples of that is what's happened with the Eagles and the Cowboys over the last 10 years. The Cowboys stand for everything that's wrong with the NFL."

https://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Harbaugh-The-Cowboys-Are-Everything-Wrong-With-The-NFL-69394642.html
Interesting.

The most non-Cowboys program in the NFL happens to be one of the best.

WHOTTA FUCKIN' SHOCKER

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Pat Mahomes.
Kareem Hunt.
Tyreek Hill.

Yeah, no stars over there.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

To be fair that's John Harbaugh. I think we are talking about Jim, or at least I hope we are. John is such a mediocre coach to me. I mean you could assume brothers have similar opinions but I wouldn't say that's necessarily true. Lot's of siblings have different opinions and preferences.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
To be fair that's John Harbaugh. I think we are talking about Jim, or at least I hope we are. John is such a mediocre coach to me. I mean you could assume brothers have similar opinions but I wouldn't say that's necessarily true. Lot's of siblings have different opinions and preferences.
Yea I was thinking Jim was one had said he wouldn't work for Jerry but seems I got the brother and quote wrong :shrug this was from years ago tho

Top Bottom