Jerry pulls trigger for Cooper

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Garrett-->Linehan-->Moore-->Dak just isn't doing much to instill confidence.
Look at it this way, even Tom Brady needed good receiving targets to win. We need guys like we hope Cooper is moving forward, no matter who our coach or QB is.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Watkins is lighting up KC, not. And that's with Mahomes slingin it around.
Exactly. KC was good enough with the players they already had developed. We don’t have that kind of staff.

Our management need trades like this to build a receiving corps, or to hope another problem child falls in the draft.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Exactly. KC was good enough with the players they already had developed. We don’t have that kind of staff.

Our management need trades like this to build a receiving corps, or to hope another problem child falls in the draft.
like you said, this should help Gallup. Hes finally getting some traction. Lets see if Sanjay can mold a kid.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
A million times better than paying half a trillion to Sammy Watkins in any case.
I never understood the demand for him. I think I watched every game the Rams played last year and not once was I impressed with him. Maybe people loved his Buffalo tape that much or something.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

WR's often get judged purely on their numbers. Watkins numbers for example are pretty pedestrian. But I think he helps open the offense for other guys. Hill is absolutely going off this year. Watkins is probably the third option at best in terms of passing targets in KC but that doesn't mean he isn't having an impact greater than the 700 and some yards he is on pace for. He keeps defenses honest and from stacking coverage against Hill and Kelce.

I'm hoping Cooper can at least do that and help Gallup get lots of 1 on 1 opportunities. And hopefully move some defenders deeper to help Zeke.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life
I never understood the demand for him. I think I watched every game the Rams played last year and not once was I impressed with him. Maybe people loved his Buffalo tape that much or something.
And he was the consensus number one wide out FA. He was a much better option for us than Hurns, but he doesn't seem to be a WR1.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I doubt it, but if we're slinging 1st rounders I'd rather change the direction of the entire team rather than throwing resources at a problem that just a couple months ago they were sure wasn't a problem.

I can understand their rationale, wanting to do it their way and all...but there's little faith that this will change anything.

Garrett-->Linehan-->Moore-->Dak just isn't doing much to instill confidence.
The thing with Payton is he'd know immediately if there was anything worth saving in Dak. Something we aren't going to get from Garrett, Linehan, or the Retard wanna-be QB Coach.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I'm being honest I think under.

If he hits those numbers though I think I'd be pretty happy.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Watkins is lighting up KC, not. And that's with Mahomes slingin it around.
To be fair he is the 4th target. It may still be an overpay but I would like to have my 4th target be as good.

p1_

DCC 4Life
To be fair he is the 4th target. It may still be an overpay but I would like to have my 4th target be as good.
He would have been signed here as the presumable #1. And as you say, he's the 4th for them, which is as it should be. It probably would have been a worse overpayment for us.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:picard

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Well to be fair, Madden hasn't updated their playbook for awhile. Gotta get some fresh ideas somehow.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I mean it's to be expected. Although it feels like par for the course for the Cowboys. Try to copy others who know more than you.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He would have been signed here as the presumable #1. And as you say, he's the 4th for them, which is as it should be. It probably would have been a worse overpayment for us.
What I was getting it is that his numbers dont look as good because he is the 4th target. Him being here and having bad numbers is not necessarily an indictment on him. Too many other issues.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This is scary if true.

But it seems too bizarre to be the case. Mosley is a bit of a fringe writer who I don't know if I trust.

I know it is funny to imagine that being the case, but I think he was being more funny than serious here.

Top Bottom