Week 7 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Redskins | 10-21-2018

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The cushion the Skins gave on this play is insane. Which was obviously all set up by the previous penalty on Williams (Thanks for that). It's pretty crazy that Gallup was still able to beat them deep. The defensive call was all but begging us to throw something underneath.
The single high safety is on the other hash, presumably Dak knows Gallup is running an out and up, with some anticipation he would've read the positioning of the safety and taken a shot by trying to lead Gallup towards the sideline where the worst case scenario is a 1 on 1 jump ball with the CB. Best case scenario its an easy completion if the CB sits on the out.

The safety wouldn't have been able to get all the way to the sideline by the time the ball got there.

As I said a few days ago, I feel like Dak haters are overplaying how easy of a throw/decision it'd be while Cosell is going too far in the other direction saying he had nowhere to go with the ball when Gallup is an option and so is a check down/throw away towards Elliott or even Swaim.

An elite QB makes that read and takes that chance.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The single high safety is on the other hash, presumably Dak knows Gallup is running an out and up, with some anticipation he would've read the positioning of the safety and taken a shot by trying to lead Gallup towards the sideline where the worst case scenario is a 1 on 1 jump ball with the CB. Best case scenario its an easy completion if the CB sits on the out.

The safety wouldn't have been able to get all the way to the sideline by the time the ball got there.

As I said a few days ago, I feel like Dak haters are overplaying how easy of a throw/decision it'd be while Cosell is going too far in the other direction saying he had nowhere to go with the ball when Gallup is an option and so is a check down/throw away towards Elliott or even Swaim.

An elite QB makes that read and takes that chance.
I'm with you. That's a ball that Dak should have pulled the trigger on. Sometimes you just have to give your WR a chance knowing he is in single coverage. Farve did that shit all the time. Hell sometimes when the WR was double or triple covered.

Had it not ended in a sack fumble TD it wouldn't be so bad. But it hurts that much more because of the end result.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, we have to keep in mind, unfortunate as it is, that the NFC East has really built up it's DLs beefiness in response to our OL.

The Giants with Snacks Harrison (who just got traded as they tank, but they acquired him to stop our run game). The Eagles with Fletcher Cox. The Redskins with Allen and Payne.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Yeah, we have to keep in mind, unfortunate as it is, that the NFC East has really built up it's DLs beefiness in response to our OL.

The Giants with Snacks Harrison (who just got traded as they tank, but they acquired him to stop our run game). The Eagles with Fletcher Cox. The Redskins with Allen and Payne.
Yep! And a lot of teams are back to making that interior D-line a brick wall. Woods has been a huge upgrade for us in that area.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The bullshit of it is why do you wait until the last play of the game to call it. You know our snapper does the same thing every play. Why wait until the most crucial point in the game. Call it on an extra point or one of the previous field goal attempts. It was ridiculous to call it there.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The bullshit of it is why do you wait until the last play of the game to call it. You know our snapper does the same thing every play. Why wait until the most crucial point in the game. Call it on an extra point or one of the previous field goal attempts. It was ridiculous to call it there.
Because we were outcoached as usual.

Gruden told them to jump offsides on the FG and try to get that penalty.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah. I thought the same thing.

I hope in our next game, Ladouceur does the same thing. Maybe even more exaggerated just to see if them fucks call it again.

Maybe just on an XP attempt, tho. :art

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Gruden told them to jump offsides on the FG and try to get that penalty.
I doubt it. Why would Gruden want to give us a free five yards on a game ending, long FG attempt to tie if they didn't call it?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah. I thought the same thing.

I hope in our next game, Ladouceur does the same thing. Maybe even more exaggerated just to see if them fucks call it again.

Maybe just on an XP attempt, tho. :art
I doubt it ever gets called on Ladoucuer again. Even Blandino said it was a bad call. The league will take its black eye once, not twice.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't know about you guys but I really love and respect a sport where outcomes of games are decided by referees making obscure, inane calls that you're almost assuredly not going to see but more than once or twice every 5 years despite the fact that the act resulting in the call happens in literally every game every week.

Really reinforces the purity and legitimacy of the sport.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I doubt it ever gets called on Ladoucuer again. Even Blandino said it was a bad call. The league will take its black eye once, not twice.
So why make it? What exactly was going through the refs mind? I ask because it baffles me. What made him think calling that penalty was the right thing to do?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You know, it's not like we know we win even if the call isn't made. He could've missed anyway, or we could've lost in overtime.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You know, it's not like we know we win even if the call isn't made. He could've missed anyway, or we could've lost in overtime.
Yeah. That's entirely possible. But it would have been nice to have the chance to actually win or lose the game in the way it's meant to be played.

The thing that galls me the most isn't the fact that we lost the game. It's that it always seems to be against us when one of these obscure fucking penalties is called. And always at the most inopportune time possible.

I'm not one that always claims the refs are out to get us. Or that games are rigged. But shit like this sure makes it hard to not at least wonder sometimes.

Top Bottom