Week 7 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Redskins | 10-21-2018

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We gonna chatter or nah?

Cotton

Staff member
3rd and 10 and the Dolphins go run right up the gut. This board would (rightfully) have a meltdown if Garrett/Linehan did that.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member

I didn't know he had been playing hurt.

Cotton

Staff member
I'ma take a nap if you fags don't start talking.

Cotton

Staff member

This is Nolan Ryan/Robin Ventura territory.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

I didn't know he had been playing hurt.
I read something about it a little while back.

Ezekiel Elliott had the best game of his career on Sunday against the Detroit Lions. He ran for 152 yards, the third-most of his career, while also gaining 88 yards through the air, the second-most of his career. That gave him a grand total of 240 yards from scrimmage, the highest total of his NFL career. He was the first player this season to top 200 in a single game, and he was perhaps singularly responsible for the 26-24 victory that the Dallas Cowboys earned over the Detroit Lions.

But here's the kicker: Elliott wasn't healthy. “I was already sore in the first quarter," Elliot said according to Rob Phillips of DallasCowboys.com. "I knew what type of game it was going to be. But I had to grind through it.” So what exactly was wrong with Elliott? “Little bit of a sore ankle,” he said. “Little bit of a sore knee. Nothing big.” There is no reason to believe these minor injuries will impact Elliott's availability against the Houston Texans this week. In fact, if these injuries lead to Elliott playing like he did on Sunday, no Cowboy fan would complain if he was still somewhat beat up by the time the Texans game rolled around.
https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Ezekiel-Elliott-played-hurt-Lions-122776950/

Cotton

Staff member
SportsDay experts predict Cowboys-Redskins: Can Dallas keep the momentum rolling?
By SportsDayDFW.com

The age-old rivalry continues Sunday when the Cowboys take on the Washington Redskins. Here's how the SportsDay Cowboys experts see things going down.

Brandon George
The Cowboys are coming off of their best offensive performance of the season, a 40-7 win over Jacksonville, but the Jaguars' defense had mass confusion all game at AT&T Stadium. Even though the Cowboys have had their way of late with the rival Redskins, this game won't come easy. It should be close throughout. And you know that Washington will do everything it can to double-team receiver Cole Beasley and force the Cowboys to pass the ball to someone else. In the end, the Redskins escape with a key NFC East win on a late field goal to push the Cowboys to 0-4 on the road.

Redskins 23-20

Kate Hairopoulos
The Cowboys enter this pivotal divisional game at .500, back where they were destined to be, though the first six games rarely unfolded as predicted in this space. Carryover from week to week is difficult in the NFL. Dallas has to prove its breakthrough last week was more than a matchup-specific deal. If Dak Prescott can keep finding ways to use his legs, the Cowboys get their first win streak of the season.

Cowboys 21-20

Jon Machota
Considering how the Cowboys have played on the road, this seems like a no-brainer to pick Washington. But you also have to consider how much success the Cowboys have recently had at FedEx Field. Dallas hasn't lost there since 2012, Robert Griffin III's rookie year. This is a matchup between two of the NFL's best defenses. In an ugly game, give me a 23-year-old Ezekiel Elliott making a few more key plays than a 33-year-old Adrian Peterson.

Cowboys 17-13

David Moore
There was a cathartic element to last week's win over Jacksonville, a sense that weeks of offensive frustration were finally laid to rest and the Cowboys could move forward. Now, we'll see if they actually do move forward. This group has averaged 12.3 points, 275.6 yards and 4.3 sacks in their three road losses. They are 9 of 38 (23.6 percent) on third down conversions. Is that behind them? The Cowboys do have this working in their favor: Quarterback Dak Prescott has never lost to Washington.

Cowboys 26-20

Tim Cowlishaw
One team tries to run the ball, control the clock and win with defense. Wait, that's both teams! Washington is a surprise first-place team at this early juncture, but the Redskins have done a nice job slowing or shutting down opposing backs. Big day for Zeke to get his 100 yards, make sure the line is moving people off the ball and, yes, communicating better on the road, which apparently has been a major issue in Cowboys' 0-3 road record. Stands filled with Cowboys fans won't hurt.

Dallas 20-13

Kevin Sherrington
Just because I'm the only one who got the Jaguars pick right, don't think it'll become a habit. Until the Cowboys prove they can win on the road, they don't really deserve the benefit of the doubt. Will Dak play as confidently at FedEx Field? Will he run just enough to open up the rest of the Cowboys' offense? Washington is sixth in the league in rushing defense. This will be another game the Cowboys' defense has to win.

Washington 21-17

Jori Epstein
The Cowboys desperately need a road win. They'll find it at FedEx Field, where Ezekiel Elliott rushed for 150 yards and two touchdowns last season. This time he'll clutch tightly the ball near Washington cornerback Josh Norman, who has contributed to two of the three fumbles Elliott's lost in his career. Defensively, the Cowboys pass rush will remind Alex Smith why Jeff Heath once ruined his 312-snap streak without an interception. Dallas enters the bye with consecutive wins at last.

Cowboys 31-17

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

:budd

Cotton

Staff member

So, both of my starting RBs in one league are most likely out. I f'ing hate fantasy sometimes.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Red beans and cornbread with fried potatoes for lunch. We used to always eat these a lot when we were poor, but I still love them.

Cotton

Staff member
Houston beating the Jags 20-0 certainly diminishes our win against them just a bit.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Blake Bortles has been benched. Cody Kessler in at QB for the Jaguars.

Keep this info in mind Tuesday morning as you make those mad dashes to the fantasy football waiver wire.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
this is the most important game for dallas so far this season. A win puts us in the drivers seat early on, but the most important factor is if our offense clicks today it sets a nice confidence boost going into some games we should be able to win (Titans, Falcons) and a very important game against the eagles away. Hopefully we can get other receivers involved in the passing game to make it less of a one man group. My hopes are Gallup and Gaethers start being used more efficiently

Top Bottom