Redskins Stuff...

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Jaylon has the speed to make up for any deficit he might have in read/react. Smith is bare minimum as good as Lee right now, and an argument could be made for better.
True but imagine once he develops those traits, he's a definite upgrade then.

Shoot, just being able to stay on the field is an upgrade. Can you imagine Lee's career if he could have stayed healthy all this time? He'd probably be a first ballot HOFer. I love the guy as a player, I'm just happy we have young capable replacements when the time does come that Lee hangs them up. Fact remains, he's 32, not getting younger and only played in like 2/3rds of games since he was drafted not including this season and the jury's out on this season.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
They don't have the mental ability of Lee. .
Maybe not yet but in the game against the Texans where Watson scrambled and got stoned by Jaylon Smith, Jaylon spied him to the open side on the left of the line before he took off to the right. Not only did he read it rightbut then he played it perfectly. I had to back it up and show it to my wife a second time to let her recognize how good that play was.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe not yet but in the game against the Texans where Watson scrambled and got stoned by Jaylon Smith, Jaylon spied him to the open side on the left of the line before he took off to the right. Not only did he read it rightbut then he played it perfectly. I had to back it up and show it to my wife a second time to let her recognize how good that play was.
And it's a play Sean Lee can't physically make.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
5 things to know about the Redskins: Alex Smith is now the QB, but can he end the Cowboys' dominance over Washington?
By SportsDayDFW.com

The Cowboys travel to Washington to play the Redskins on Sunday. Here are five things Cowboys fans need to know about the NFC East rival.

New QB

The Cowboys won't face Kirk Cousins when they play the Redskins on Sunday. Alex Smith will be under center for Washington instead.

The Redskins traded corner back Kendall Fuller and a third-round pick to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for Smith. That allowed Washington to let Cousins to leave via free agency and Kansas City to move forward with Patrick Mahomes as their starting quarterback.

Smith has been solid through five games, throwing for 1,205 yards, six touchdowns and two interceptions.

He has played the Cowboys three times in his career and his 1-2, throwing for 665 yards, six touchdowns and two interceptions. He faced the Cowboys last season when the Chiefs visited Dallas in November. Smith was 25 of 34 for 263 yards, two touchdowns and one interceptions in a 28-17 loss for Kansas City.

Adrian Peterson

The Redskins plans at running back changed when rookie Derrius Guice tore his ACL in August. Washington signed veteran Adrian Peterson to fill the void left by Guice's injury.

Peterson was heavily linked to the Cowboys a few seasons ago, but Ezekiel Elliott is now firmly entrenched as the team's starting running back and best player.

He's had a solid season for the Redskins so far, rushing for 339 yards and three touchdowns on 77 carries. The Cowboys might not see Peterson on Sunday -- the 32-year-old is dealing with shoulder, ankle and knee injuries.

Can't beat the Cowboys

The Cowboys have had the Redskins' number recently, winning the last four matchups and eight out of the last 10. Here's a look at those matchups.

"Ever since I've been here, Dallas has just been a thorn in our side," Josh Norman said after the last time the two teams played. "I don't understand. I don't know what we do when we come down here to play these guys or when they come up to D.C. to play us. It's devastating man. It really is."

Josh Norman

The Cowboys will still have to deal with Redskins corner back Josh Norman. The former Pro Bowler is coming off a bounce-back performance against the Carolina Panthers, where he came up with a forced fumble and his first interception since 2016.

This Cowboys game is than in the past for Norman since he won't be going up against his frenemy in former Dallas receiver Dez Bryant.

The pair had a bit of a rivalry over the past two seasons, but the Cowboys decided to part ways with Bryant in the offseason.

"He has a lot left in the tank. It's what he gets out of it, that's the thing," Norman said of Bryant in April. "I mean he can be whatever he wants to be.

Daron Payne

Be on the look out for former Alabama defensive tackle and Redskins first-round pick Daron Payne.

Payne was a popular Cowboys pick in mock drafts, but the Redskins took him at No. 13 The Cowboys settled for linebacker Leighton Vander Esch with the No. 19 pick, and he currently leads the team in tackles.

Payne has already made an impact for Washington. He's up to two sacks and one forced fumble to go with 12 total tackles on the season.

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I really hope we can manage to replace the 15-20 snaps per game that Austin gives us.
Exactly.

I'm not sweating his absence at all. He's nothing more than a bit player in this offense. I get it, he adds an element of speed to the offense. But he's simply not a reliable impact player.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Exactly.

I'm not sweating his absence at all. He's nothing more than a bit player in this offense. I get it, he adds an element of speed to the offense. But he's simply not a reliable impact player.
the guy has made plays every opportunity.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
That's a bit of a stretch.
Receptions

Rec Yds Avg Lng TD
7 130 18.6 64T 2

Rushes

Att Yds Avg Lng TD
6 55 9.2 18 0

Returns

* One standout punt return for 22 yards
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
His numbers don't suck. When he gets the ball, he typically produces.

If anything, I'd say he's been underutilized by that dickhead Linehan. Which says nothing about Austin.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Receptions

Rec Yds Avg Lng TD
7 130 18.6 64T 2

Rushes

Att Yds Avg Lng TD
6 55 9.2 18 0

Returns

* One standout punt return for 22 yards
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
His numbers don't suck. When he gets the ball, he typically produces.

If anything, I'd say he's been underutilized by that dickhead Linehan. Which says nothing about Austin.
He has caught most of the balls thrown his way too. He has a very high average yards per throw his direction.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Crowder out, Richardson doubtful. This helps.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crowder out, Richardson doubtful. This helps.
Yeah I'm liking our chances of our defense against their offense. If we can get the run game going it should be a win. I think this is a good matchup for us.

Top Bottom