Week 6 Game Day Chatter |Jags @ Cowboys | 10-14-2018

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Um yeah, Okung was totally early on his set. That was bad.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Man, these early games are total shit.

You got teams that are playing down to the competition and a bunch of sloppy play.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dime from Mayfield to the unknown Ratley kid.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That is something Garrett still hasn't got either though.
It's really not that hard to get. Just use your eyes and observe how the current game play momentum is playing out.

If your offense is struggling to move the ball and can't protect the QB, take the FG. If over the last several plays your offense has the defense off balance and is picking up chunk yardage with relative ease, go for it.

I don't understand why coaches make decisions like that harder than they need to be.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's really not that hard to get. Just use your eyes and observe how the current game play momentum is playing out.

If your offense is struggling to move the ball and can't protect the QB, take the FG. If over the last several plays your offense has the defense off balance and is picking up chunk yardage with relative ease, go for it.

I don't understand why coaches make decisions like that harder than they need to be.
Garrett said the reason why he sat on the ball and punted was because Zach Cunningham came in and stuffed Elliott a down earlier.

So you are saying he was right?

Okay then.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

You have to remember this is the coach that allowed his team to pass, pass, and pass when up by 18 with your RB going for over 5 ypc. If he cant get this simple concept you can forget the other stuff.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Up and down performance by Mayfield so far.

He's taken some avoidable sacks that have killed drives. However, his receivers haven't give him much help either. He had 2 perfect throws that should have been TDs but the ball passed right through the WRs hands on both occasions.

The Browns are missing 3 of their top 5 WRs so I suspect he won't be getting much help from them in the 2nd half either. It'll be up to the TEs and RBs to make the passing game go today. It'll be interesting to see if Haley tweaks the game plan to feature the backs and TEs more in the 2nd half. If so, my guess is Chubb should see a lot of playing time in place of Hyde.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Garrett said the reason why he sat on the ball and punted was because Zach Cunningham came in and stuffed Elliott a down earlier.

So you are saying he was right?

Okay then.
You mean on the play that we've never ran before where Zeke was the lead back and Beasely was lined up as the deep RB?

:lol

1bigfan13

Staff member
Thielen's such a stud.

Amazing how guys who are that good are completely overlooked by all 32 teams during the draft.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Mayfield picked off.

A nation weeps.

:sad

1bigfan13

Staff member
We'll bounce back from this game. It's a process.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You mean on the play that we've never ran before where Zeke was the lead back and Beasely was lined up as the deep RB?

The whole reason he ran that is because he was scared of the previous result, which was Cunningham. Judging by his formation choice, you are saying he was right to just try trickery.

Like I said before, okay then.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm sure it really threw them off worrying about Beasley as a RB.
They really should worry about the offense getting confident.

What Garrett fails at is understanding the emotional aspect of games.

He talks a lot about stepping on the throat, but understands little to understand how you get there.

data

Forbes #1
I think the refs are gonna call the Raiders RB for a leading with helmet penalty in the open field.

data

Forbes #1

Nope. Flag thrown but overruled and no flag on the play.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Did Josh Allen get benched. I noticed Peterman just threw a TD pass to put the Bills ahead of the Texans.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They really should worry about the offense getting confident.

What Garrett fails at is understanding the emotional aspect of games.

He talks a lot about stepping on the throat, but understands little to understand how you get there.
I've said this before, our offense has no rhythm to it. There is no thought of building a QB's confidence with some easy quick throws using pick plays. And why the fuck you have plays where all 4 guys are running curl routes is beyond me but we do it. You'd think you'd have some guys running routes that beat man coverage better but of course not. Lets have 4 routes that all are the same and if the defense calls the right coverage you're flat out screwed.

We don't use one play that works to set up another at all. And then we just randomly throw out dumb plays like Beasley at RB and Elliott in front of him. In a crucial situation what was he trying to get the defense to do? Move one more player in the box to cover Beasley? I mean this may work if you're planning on throwing to Beasley but if you're running it up the guy it just makes your job harder. More guns in the box running up the gut is a bad thing. Garrett just doesn't get it.

Top Bottom