Week 6 Thursday Night Chatter | Eagles at Giants | 10-11-18

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Barkley with 230 yards in his 6th game?

Yeah, he's gonna be better than Zeke.
Zeke went for 209 yards against the Steelers in his 9th game against a much better Steelers team.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The Eagles definitely thought we were.

But maybe Swaim is just a stud being held back...
The eagles overestimated how much we overrate our own roster.

No one claimed Swaim is a stud, but...

Dez, Witten, Beasley, Williams...now, Hurns, Thompson, Gallup, Swaim, and Austin.

Blame whomever

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Accidentally posted before finishing my thought.

Blame whomever you want but it's clear to me that pretty any receiver is going to have diminished production in this offense right now.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Blame whomever you want but it's clear to me that pretty any receiver is going to have diminished production in this offense right now.
Jerry Rice could be wide open over the middle and Dak wouldn't see him because he'd be running from imagined pressure.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Zeke went for 209 yards against the Steelers in his 9th game against a much better Steelers team.
Dont pay attention to him. He changes his mind on any shiny performance.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The eagles overestimated how much we overrate our own roster.

No one claimed Swaim is a stud, but...

Dez, Witten, Beasley, Williams...now, Hurns, Thompson, Gallup, Swaim, and Austin.

Blame whomever
I'm not blaming anyone. But I do think Goedert would be better than Swaim. Swaim has the second most targets on our team right now (Excluding Zeke) and the second most receiving yards. Dak and this offense relies extremely heavily on the TE so I do think seeing Goedert here would have at least given me a little hope long term that the TE situation is fixed. Not really trying to bag on Swaim too much though. He has caught over 70% of the balls thrown in his direction and hasn't been bad. The bad TE is really Jarwin.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I don't disagree with you. But a stud receiver is still going to produce better then a shitty receiver. It's might not be the 1,200 yards. But you'll still see a difference.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Was really hoping Barkley would be a bust. Now we gotta hope he's injury-prone. Would suck if the G-Men got a franchise RB and QB in back to back drafts.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Barkley with 230 yards in his 6th game?

Yeah, he's gonna be better than Zeke.
Julius Jones went for 198 and 194 behind some lines that nobody would say were at the top of the NFL. Troy Hambrick had a game with 189 with another suspect line.

The NFL is littered with high single game performances. While Barkley is certainly of a lot higher caliber than Jones and Hambrick, I wouldn't punch his ticket into the HOF just yet. Let's see him do it over a period of time.

Top Bottom