Names of Potential Garrett replacement coaches being bandied about....

p1_

DCC 4Life
Currently, I hear alot of Lincoln Riley love in the air. Anyone hearing others as strong candidates?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Currently, I hear alot of Lincoln Riley love in the air. Anyone hearing others as strong candidates?
I would say candidates is too strong a word. It should be hopes and Jerry/Stephen kill hopes and dreams.

Ed Werder had a list of all the ones that Ive seen here plus a few more.

I still dont think Garrett is going anywhere. Just look at Stephens' last quote. They are going to scapegoat Lineman and if I was him I would talk to Bill Callahan for some advice. I believe he was run out the same way. Its a toxic situation and good luck getting anybody of any substance.

For my dreams I want Lincoln Riley but he is probably going to reunite with Mayfield in Cleveland if I had my guess.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would say candidates is too strong a word. It should be hopes and Jerry/Stephen kill hopes and dreams.

Ed Werder had a list of all the ones that Ive seen here plus a few more.

I still dont think Garrett is going anywhere. Just look at Stephens' last quote. They are going to scapegoat Lineman and if I was him I would talk to Bill Callahan for some advice. I believe he was run out the same way. Its a toxic situation and good luck getting anybody of any substance.

For my dreams I want Lincoln Riley but he is probably going to reunite with Mayfield in Cleveland if I had my guess.
Does McVay have any sharp men working under him? I'd love a piece of that action. He is a brilliant man.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I listen to some OKC sports talk radio and they said recently they'd heard Riley had no interest in the Dallas job.

Why would he? He can do better.

Though frankly, as much as they're being paid now, I don't see why any of these winning college coaches at big-time programs would want to go the NFL.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I listen to some OKC sports talk radio and they said recently they'd heard Riley had no interest in the Dallas job.

Why would he? He can do better.

Though frankly, as much as they're being paid now, I don't see why any of these winning college coaches at big-time programs would want to go the NFL.
Eh they all say that kind of stuff until they eventually bolt. What would you expect him to say in the middle of a football season? Yep, I want it?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He didn't say it in public. This was more of a "things he's told friends" report.

Of course it might not be true, but it would make sense if it were.

Rev

Staff member
Does McVay have any sharp men working under him? I'd love a piece of that action. He is a brilliant man.
Would you want to come work in Dallas with the Jones? They ran off the only two quality coaches that we've had since Jerry bought the team. The rest are puppets/Yesmen. What other owners are out there criticizing your coaching to the media before you even leave the locker room? Regardless of whether its warranted or not that's something that needs to be behind closed doors.

Yeah we are screwed as fans for the foreseeable future.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Ed Werder and Mike Fisher have both tweeted a list with numerous names, both of which included Jack Del Rio. Fish's included John Fox.

If it's either of them, I'm officially done with this shit show.

I have a sneaky suspicion we're going to just keep kicking the can down the road and end up promoting Richard to HC.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
Would you want to come work in Dallas with the Jones? They ran off the only two quality coaches that we've had since Jerry bought the team. The rest are puppets/Yesmen. What other owners are out there criticizing your coaching to the media before you even leave the locker room? Regardless of whether its warranted or not that's something that needs to be behind closed doors.

But in this case, most of us like that he criticized Garrett publicly to the media right after the loss.

Rev

Staff member
But in this case, most of us like that he criticized Garrett publicly to the media right after the loss.
Thats because we hate Garrett. Not that its the right thing to do.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Ed Werder and Mike Fisher have both tweeted a list with numerous names, both of which included Jack Del Rio. Fish's included John Fox.

If it's either of them, I'm officially done with this shit show.
Want no part of those two.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

No but Jerry did talk Parcells into it, never underestimate the snake oil salesman. Of course it didn't last long but it never does with Parcells.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I
I still dont think Garrett is going anywhere. Just look at Stephens' last quote. They are going to scapegoat Lineman and if I was him I would talk to Bill Callahan for some advice.
Which is why I want the worst possible offensive performances so that they fire Linehan midseason and leave it all at Garrett's feet.

I don't want there to be any room for deflecting blame. I know the Jones' can make shit up if they want to, but I want to make that as hard as possible for them to do.

A 24-0 shutout by Jax this weekend should do the trick.

p1_

DCC 4Life
A 24-0 shutout by Jax this weekend should do the trick.
Not out of the realm of the possible. Not by a long shot. Although I would bring that down a few points, our defense has played so well.

Rev

Staff member
You will just hear about how good the Jags defense is. On to the next week.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

But you know what, I have yet to hear any one who has coached the Cowboys team under Jones really bad mouth him about being an owner. I have heard Johnson on some of his pere game commentary say a few left handed comments but that's about it.

Rev

Staff member
But you know what, I have yet to hear any one who has coached the Cowboys team under Jones really bad mouth him about being an owner. I have heard Johnson on some of his pere game commentary say a few left handed comments but that's about it.
You won't because it just be seen as sour grapes. They are professional about it because it really doesn't do anything if you do.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
That's because, as a coach, badmouthing Jerry is equivalent to foreclosing any possible coaching option in the NFL. Jerry has lined the owners' pockets. Badmouth him and you're done in the NFL -- not to mention that very few NFL organizations want Jerry's castoffs anyway. So there's no point in publicly trashing him. Everyone knows he runs a dysfunctional circus. Badmouthing him is just stating the obvious.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Parcells is still pretty complimentary of Jerry. He doesn't have anything to gain from it.

Top Bottom