Names of Potential Garrett replacement coaches being bandied about....

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We're F'd.

Yesterday's result was the worst possible thing that could happen.

I didn't see the game, but I saw the score.

Garrett essentially sealed his fate with that performance. He'd have to lose at least 8 or 9 games from here on out for them to even remotely entertain the idea of getting rid of him.

You know they aren't going to build off of this and start winning either, so this was the worst case scenario.

My dreams have been shattered.

:sad
Can't get a new QB either.

$100m contract incoming.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It will be back to normal next week but you probably should just expect 8-8. From the Jones clan interview over the last week I dont even think there was a shot in he'll of replacing Garrett at the end of the season regardless. They would just blame Linehan and move on from there with minimal change. Its how they operate and how we get screwed.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Can't get a new QB either.

$100m contract incoming.
Are they really going to get excited over 183 yards passing?

Is that how low we've set the bar for our QB play?

We're supposed to be a prestigious organization, for crying out loud. It's shameful what the Jones family has turned this team into.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

We're supposed to be a prestigious organization, for crying out loud. It's shameful what the Jones family has turned this team into.
Prestigious?

A. Jerry can't spell the word and I have doubts he even knows the definition.

B. You can't be prestigious when you haven't won anything going on three decades.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Yep, Jerry and Stephen have been adamant in defending and praising Dak as the long term QB. They're going to ignore the big picture and look for any piece of evidence, no matter how flimsy, to back up their claims.

You know both of those toolbags were doing that ridiculous McGregor dance last night asking us fans how we liked that.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
:laff

I want Garrett fired, too. But I always like seeing stuff like this.

Silver lining, and all that.
That's because you're an asshole.

It's funny to me, too.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Ok nevermind, anyone who says this

no longer has a valid opinion about anything

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah that's bullshit. Garrett talks a good game, but where are the fucking results? After 8 fucking years it can't be everyone and everything else's fault but him.

If he was a top 3 coach during the week, why do we seem I'll prepared so often? Why does the QB seem to miss reads so often? Why did Dez never seem to learn to run routes?

Garrett's explanation for why we suddenly beat Jacksonville 40-7? We were tougher than they were.

Fucking what?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yeah that's bullshit. Garrett talks a good game, but where are the fucking results? After 8 fucking years it can't be everyone and everything else's fault but him.

If he was a top 3 coach during the week, why do we seem I'll prepared so often? Why does the QB seem to miss reads so often? Why did Dez never seem to learn to run routes?

Garrett's explanation for why we suddenly beat Jacksonville 40-7? We were tougher than they were.

Fucking what?
I did enjoy watching Dallas dirt stomp the Jags,

But, I didn’t sit there and convince myself that everything is ok. I still saw a team that had trouble moving the ball efficiently and Dak is still a concern with the sub 200 yards passing. It’s just not the formula to win against the better teams in the NFL. Gallup is the real deal and Beasley, well he always has 1 monster game per season and then disappears. So the WR group is still a concern.

And the Jags don’t appear to be a very good team this year and Dallas can skate by with the good D and minimal offense and beat the Jags and Giants of the NFL.

In other words Garrett, Dak and the Jones family still suck.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

But, I didn’t sit there and convince myself that everything is ok. I still saw a team that had trouble moving the ball efficiently and Dak is still a concern with the sub 200 yards passing. It’s just not the formula to win against the better teams in the NFL. Gallup is the real deal and Beasley, well he always has 1 monster game per season and then disappears. So the WR group is still a concern.

And the Jags don’t appear to be a very good team this year and Dallas can skate by with the good D and minimal offense and beat the Jags and Giants of the NFL.

Exactly how I feel.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

Same here, I enjoyed the win but I don't have any delusions about this being a team that can get deep into the playoffs *if* they manage to weasel their way in there.

p1_

DCC 4Life
This game represents an anomaly when considered in the context of the last near season worth of football. It shows capability, but is not what you would consider illustrative of a trend. I’m sure they are just as surprised at what happened as we are. The Jags D also helped our effort.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I agree. Hey, maybe it wasn't an anomaly and we're about to go on a run. But more likely that was a fluke just like the Bears defense getting curb stomped by Brock Osweiller.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Or maybe yous guys are just so beat down by years of mediocrity that you're too scared to embrace this Super Bowl run that newly-enlightened Garrett's about to lead us on.

It's not too late too jump on the choo-choo. Grab your spurs and cowboys hats and gitty-thefuck-up!!!

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Or maybe yous guys are just so beat down by years of mediocrity that you're too scared to embrace this Super Bowl run that newly-enlightened Garrett's about to lead us on.

It's not too late too jump on the choo-choo. Grab your spurs and cowboys hats and gitty-thefuck-up!!!
Could be that this is the scenario I alluded to earlier that with the mediocraty the Eastern division is in, the Cowboys might have a chance to win the division. The performance after all garnered 40 points. If the defense stays healthy and the offense continues to score who knows?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Could be that this is the scenario I alluded to earlier that with the mediocraty the Eastern division is in, the Cowboys might have a chance to win the division. The performance after all garnered 40 points. If the defense stays healthy and the offense continues to score who knows?
Most Dallas fans realize there's enough talent to win the division, but if you're HC is liable to ice your kicker or otherwise wuss out when the pressure is on...there's not a whole lot to get excited about beyond that.

Would you be confident in a Jason Garrett coached Cowboys team up against the Rams in the NFCC?

I agree that it COULD happen, but it would be in spite of a stubborn do-it-my-way GM/owner and a robot-with-no-feel-for-in-game-adjustments HC...certainly not the ingredients needed for a dynasty, and isn't that where we want to get back to?

Top Bottom