Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Names of Potential Garrett replacement coaches being bandied about....

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will just hear about how good the Jags defense is. On to the next week.
    #Fire Garrett

Comment

Originally posted by Rev View Post
      Would you want to come work in Dallas with the Jones? They ran off the only two quality coaches that we've had since Jerry bought the team. The rest are puppets/Yesmen. What other owners are out there criticizing your coaching to the media before you even leave the locker room? Regardless of whether its warranted or not that's something that needs to be behind closed doors.

Yeah we are screwed as fans for the foreseeable future.
      But you know what, I have yet to hear any one who has coached the Cowboys team under Jones really bad mouth him about being an owner. I have heard Johnson on some of his pere game commentary say a few left handed comments but that's about it.
      Since Day One

Comment

Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
        But you know what, I have yet to hear any one who has coached the Cowboys team under Jones really bad mouth him about being an owner. I have heard Johnson on some of his pere game commentary say a few left handed comments but that's about it.
        You won't because it just be seen as sour grapes. They are professional about it because it really doesn't do anything if you do.
        #Fire Garrett

Comment

That's because, as a coach, badmouthing Jerry is equivalent to foreclosing any possible coaching option in the NFL. Jerry has lined the owners' pockets. Badmouth him and you're done in the NFL -- not to mention that very few NFL organizations want Jerry's castoffs anyway. So there's no point in publicly trashing him. Everyone knows he runs a dysfunctional circus. Badmouthing him is just stating the obvious.

Comment

Parcells is still pretty complimentary of Jerry. He doesn't have anything to gain from it.

Comment

Todd Wash, D Coordinator Jaguars.

No, his name hasn't been mentioned anywhere, but I want him to be the next HC here.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDak View Post
                Todd Wash, D Coordinator Jaguars.

No, his name hasn't been mentioned anywhere, but I want him to be the next HC here.
                what about this broken offense?
                defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by Hoffa View Post

I have a sneaky suspicion we're going to just keep kicking the can down the road and end up promoting Richard to HC.
                  That would be incredibly stupid.

Then we would end up with Darrell Bevell as OC.

Comment

Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                    what about this broken offense?
                    Well, I would certainly hope that Marinelli would GTFO right along with Garrett. I would like to think Wash would be able to bring in some competent coordinators.

Comment

Originally posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
                      I listen to some OKC sports talk radio and they said recently they'd heard Riley had no interest in the Dallas job.

Why would he? He can do better.

Though frankly, as much as they're being paid now, I don't see why any of these winning college coaches at big-time programs would want to go the NFL.
                      Riley is already earning close to $5M per year at Oklahoma. I can't see him leaving OU any time soon unless Jerry blows him away with a huge contract. Plus coaches at major programs generally don't get that itch to prove themselves at the next level until they've coached about 4 or 5 years at their current stop. Also, they tend to leave when they've feel that they've plateaued at their current location. Riley is just getting started at Oklahoma. He's at 3 years from getting to that point, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
                        Parcells is still pretty complimentary of Jerry. He doesn't have anything to gain from it.
                        Nor does any of the rest of them. Most of the Jones hate is the local media and the Cowboys fans.
                        Since Day One

Comment

Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
                          Riley is already earning close to $5M per year at Oklahoma. I can't see him leaving OU any time soon unless Jerry blows him away with a huge contract. Plus coaches at major programs generally don't geti don’t think Riley is rounded enough yet to make the transition to the pros. that itch to prove themselves at the next level until they've coached about 4 or 5 years at their current stop. Also, they tend to leave when they've feel that they've plateaued at their current location. Riley is just getting started at Oklahoma. He's at 3 years from getting to that point, IMO.
                          I don’t think Riley is rounded enough to make the transition to the pros.
                          Since Day One

Comment

Even non-rounded Riley is better than what we have now.

Comment

Interesting
                              defense wins championships

Comment

This speculation goes back to early this year. I did a quick search and this is from a couple of weeks ago:

#10 Dan Campbell
                                #9 James Bettcher
                                #8 George Edwards
                                #7 Jim Bob Cooter
                                #6 Matt LaFleur
                                #5 Kris Richard
                                #4 Lincoln Riley
                                #3 John DeFilippo
                                #2 John Harbaugh
                                #1 Sean Payton ​

https://www.chatsports.com/dallas-co...es-fired-39449

Comment

Working...
                                X