• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
If you'd subscribe to The Athletic and paste the article here, that'd be great.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wow. Nice.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

p1_

DCC 4Life
encouraging at least.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life
Has Garrett secured his future with a meager 2 game streak?

And if the answer is yes, what is the answer to hiring an OC? I don't see Linehan surviving, period. Who will work with Garrett? Who has a compatible philosophy?

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Has Garrett secured his future with a meager 2 game streak?

And if the answer is yes, what is the answer to hiring an OC? I don't see Linehan surviving, period. Who will work with Garrett? Who has a compatible philosophy?
He might just win the division yet. No, this mofo has more lives than a bag of cats.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He's coming back.

:sad
Unfortunately, this is correct.

I told my dad after yesterday's game that there was no point in hoping for losses anymore because he's coming back.

Outside of them losing 6 straight to end the season (which they won't do), his job is safe for yet another season.

What's really unfortunate about this, besides the obvious, is that to a know-nothing like Jerry, going 8-8 or whatever and backing into the playoffs is going to be enough to overshadow all of our blemishes and lead him to believe that things are much more promising than they really are. That means bringing most of what we have right now back intact for another season, including the mediocre QB play.

So Jerry will sit there bewildered as we head in December in 2019 with a 4-6 record wondering how it all went wrong while the rest of us will have seen that type of season coming from a mile away.

I just don't understand how this team can consistently play like shit so often under Garrett EXCEPT for when his job is on the line.

It's infuriating.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What's even worse than him coming back next year, is the fact that it will be the final year of his contract. And we all know Jerry doesn't like having a HC on a lameduck contract.

So he will be extended...

:budd

And he also doesn't like eating the money on a contract by firing them with multiple years left, so...

We will be stuck with him minimum 3 more years.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't think it's too late for him to end up fired, but if he wins the division, yeah, he's coming back.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You'll all be singing a different tune when we win the division, beat the Panthers in Dallas in the wild card round, upset the Rams in the divisional round, and then win a home game NFC Championship against the Vikings, who upset the Saints again.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You'll all be singing a different tune when we win the division, beat the Panthers in Dallas in the wild card round, upset the Rams in the divisional round, and then win a home game NFC Championship against the Vikings, who upset the Saints again.
Nope.

If by some miracle we do this, I still want him fired. But we all know there is a better chance of each of us winning the mega millions, so...

p1_

DCC 4Life
if he stays, Linehan goes. If I have to suffer Garrett, I need a new fucking coordinator.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If they win the division, which they should and likely will, I don't know if even Linehan is gone. I just don't see Garrett being comfortable with some innovative young OC running an offense that different from his.

I guess Jerry could command it like he did when he took playcalling from Jason. But even then, Jason won in forcing Callahan out and hiring his own guy.

Top Bottom