Red Man Walking

• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The thing to remember is also, Jerry doesn’t throw people under the bus. He defended Wade then fired him shortly after. He denied looking to replace Campo and then interviewed Bill Parcells.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
To fire Garrett would be admitting that the last 8 years have been a waste. Jerry's made an investment in Garrett. He's kept adding to it and held on to it way too long. So firing Garrett after all this time makes Jerry look really, really stupid and incompetent to a degree that can't just be brushed aside. That might worry Jerry more than anything.
This is the heart of it.

Garrett stays unless this team goes 3-13.

Dumping Jason Garrett would be worth losing the top pick in the draft.

... until you imagine whom Skeletor might pick next. /shudder

Chiefs red is looking better by the day.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The thing to remember is also, Jerry doesn’t throw people under the bus. He defended Wade then fired him shortly after. He denied looking to replace Campo and then interviewed Bill Parcells.
Yea, Jerry lies about this shit all the time.

I think 8-8 might be enough to save Garrett's ass for one more year but anything less and I'm fairly sure he's fired.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life

I think 8-8 might be enough to save Garrett's ass for one more year but anything less and I'm fairly sure he's fired.
It would be sad if 8-8 saved him again. That's a career's worth of 8-8 and I'm sick of it. I'd rather an new coach came in, we lost for 2 years and actually were building for something rather than suffer through the hell of more mediocrity. It's like the Mavs now. The past few years of just trying to do something with Dirk and barely make the playoffs sucked. Now with DSJ and Luca in the past 2 years of drafts, they are still bad, but you can see the hope for the future so losing doesn't feel so futile.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't think Jerry worries about bad decisions. He's made so many appalling decisions over the years that he'd never let a few more fiascos worry him.

But the real big appalling decision, hiring Garrett and keeping him all this time, might be the saving grace for Garrett. To fire Garrett would be admitting that the last 8 years have been a waste. Jerry's made an investment in Garrett. He's kept adding to it and held on to it way too long. So firing Garrett after all this time makes Jerry look really, really stupid and incompetent to a degree that can't just be brushed aside. That might worry Jerry more than anything.
by the same token, when your investment yields no return, it's bad business to hold that investment. You have to cut losses at some point. there was a time when Jerry was a savvy business man.

p1_

DCC 4Life

I dont think this team will make 8-8. I can easily see losses in the next 5 games straight, making it 3-10.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
by the same token, when your investment yields no return, it's bad business to hold that investment. You have to cut losses at some point. there was a time when Jerry was a savvy business man.
That's true about not holding on to bad investment. Unless Jerry's ego gets in the way of smart business.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It would be sad if 8-8 saved him again. That's a career's worth of 8-8 and I'm sick of it. I'd rather an new coach came in, we lost for 2 years and actually were building for something rather than suffer through the hell of more mediocrity. It's like the Mavs now. The past few years of just trying to do something with Dirk and barely make the playoffs sucked. Now with DSJ and Luca in the past 2 years of drafts, they are still bad, but you can see the hope for the future so losing doesn't feel so futile.
It would be very sad, although it would mean 5-3 over the next 8, which might be enough to convince dumbass Jerry.

I think he could still be fired at 8-8 but in my mind it has to be 7-9 or worse for me to feel confident in it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I dont think this team will make 8-8. I can easily see losses in the next 5 games straight, making it 3-10.
The end of the year is Colts/Bucs/Giants, that could easily be 3 wins in a row, we could also definitely beat the Redskins, if they can sneak another win somewhere in there that's 8.

I agree that it's unlikely given what should've been a relatively easy win against the Titans but it's not impossible.

If I had to put money on a record I think it'd be 6-10, maybe 7-9.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The end of the year is Colts/Bucs/Giants, that could easily be 3 wins in a row, we could also definitely beat the Redskins, if they can sneak another win somewhere in there that's 8.
Im with you, the final 3 of the schedule are our best chance for wins. Nothing can be assumed or taken for granted with this squad.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

There’s no way in hell this team goes 8-8.

I’m thinking 5-11/6-10 at the best.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I dunno. They have a pretty winnable last three games. Steal one or two and abracadabra dipshits, Garrett is back for his lame duck year.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Speaking of Wade, is it possible for Garrett to just "lose" this team as the season goes on? The same way Wade "lost" the team? I remember those guys just plain quit in some games.

Keep getting your head beat in every week and all the coach does is keep spouting platitudes. I could see some guys just saying "fuck it."

It's already starting to happen. When we're 3-8, we will be in a downward spiral.

Cujo

DCC 4Life

That's what I keep telling everyone. He'll say that shit until the moment he fires him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

This is exactly what I was thinking while reading some of these 8-8 comments. No damn way.

p1_

DCC 4Life
alot of us are on the same page here.

p1_

DCC 4Life

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Again, Garrett sandbagged Wade

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And, Pasqualoni got us that record. That Arizona game that interim year is what started me souring on Garrett. I believe john Skelton was QB for them that game. It's a game we should have won, but we came out uninspired and unprepared. Sounds pretty familiar by now.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Top Bottom