Red Man Walking

• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I actually think Garrett would have been better off if Dak didn't claw us back in the game last night. The fact that we got that close and Garrett pussed out has to gull Jerry way more.
Yeah, that's probably true as well.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We didn't even have to go only to the sideline. We could have used the middle of the field, too. We still had that last time out in our pocket. Another 10-15 yards and we were gold. Hell, from there we might have even been able to take a shot or two into the endzone before kicking.

Strange concept, I know.
We literally saved the time out for no reason at all. Worst clock management I could imagine. Like Garrett said, he never thought about anything but a field goal even though we had all the time in the world to go for the win.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
As much as we all know that Garrett needs to be fired, all we can really hope for is that Jerry will do it at the end of the season. Jerry is too much the eternal optimist, thinking that at any given moment, things will fall in to place and we will still have a chance to contend. In his mind, firing Garrett now will only be an admission that the season is lost. And even when we are finally mathematically eliminated, I don't see him pulling the trigger then, either. Garrett is too deeply woven into the fabric of things for Jerry to do that to him.

Our only hope is that this season eats away at Jerry so much, that he starts to question his own timeline. He has got to know that time is running out on him to field another winner. Maybe then he'll take one last shot at bringing in a name coach that has some skins on the wall to salvage his last leg of being an every day part of this team. Whether it's an available NFL coach, or a college coach. He's already slowly giving up some of his power, whether it's to Stephen or McClay.

I don't think he'd bring in another weak, yes man. This will be his last shot at a winner, and we have a lot of pieces in place already. Bring in a good coach, and get another QB either thru FA or the top of the draft and let the chips fall where they may.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
As much as we all know that Garrett needs to be fired, all we can really hope for is that Jerry will do it at the end of the season. Jerry is too much the eternal optimist, thinking that at any given moment, things will fall in to place and we will still have a chance to contend. In his mind, firing Garrett now will only be an admission that the season is lost. And even when we are finally mathematically eliminated, I don't see him pulling the trigger then, either. Garrett is too deeply woven into the fabric of things for Jerry to do that to him.

Our only hope is that this season eats away at Jerry so much, that he starts to question his own timeline. He has got to know that time is running out on him to field another winner. Maybe then he'll take one last shot at bringing in a name coach that has some skins on the wall to salvage his last leg of being an every day part of this team. Whether it's an available NFL coach, or a college coach. He's already slowly giving up some of his power, whether it's to Stephen or McClay.

I don't think he'd bring in another weak, yes man. This will be his last shot at a winner, and we have a lot of pieces in place already. Bring in a good coach, and get another QB either thru FA or the top of the draft and let the chips fall where they may.
So much for "getting another QB."

They just doubled down on Dak at least for another season.

Maybe in the 2020 draft.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So much for "getting another QB."

They just doubled down on Dak at least for another season.

Maybe in the 2020 draft.
Feh.

Prescott is getting a fat extension at the end of the year.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Garrett makes another desperate move. Throw Alexander overboard.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life
Tick, tock. One loss at a time, stacking losses on losses, til we get you out.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Guess the World Series trip wasn't such a good idea after all.

Go to the World Series and win? Fine.

Go to the World Series and lose? After a bye week? Good night Irene.

p1_

DCC 4Life

but how about privately? what do you there?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think Linehan gets scapegoated out of here in the off-season if things stay on this path.

Garrett of course will continue his Teflon existence. He's a made man.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think Linehan gets scapegoated out of here in the off-season if things stay on this path.

Unfortunately.

Thing is, for Jerry to write off Garrett he has to take heat for the decisions he has made largely at the behest of Garrett, namely hiring Linehan and a bunch of assistants, benching Romo in favor of a rookie, and cutting Dez with no option available to replace him.

Lose Garrett, and complicity for all that shit falls on him.

Garrett stays, even if we go 6-10. And then I become a Chiefs fan.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Unfortunately.

Thing is, for Jerry to write off Garrett he has to take heat for the decisions he has made largely at the behest of Garrett, namely hiring Linehan and a bunch of assistants, benching Romo in favor of a rookie, and cutting Dez with no option available to replace him.

Lose Garrett, and complicity for all that shit falls on him.

Garrett stays, even if we go 6-10. And then I become a Chiefs fan.
I don't think Jerry worries about bad decisions. He's made so many appalling decisions over the years that he'd never let a few more fiascos worry him.

But the real big appalling decision, hiring Garrett and keeping him all this time, might be the saving grace for Garrett. To fire Garrett would be admitting that the last 8 years have been a waste. Jerry's made an investment in Garrett. He's kept adding to it and held on to it way too long. So firing Garrett after all this time makes Jerry look really, really stupid and incompetent to a degree that can't just be brushed aside. That might worry Jerry more than anything.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

You could be right, but my hope is still that it just gets too bad for even Jerry to defend Garrett.

I had hoped that the offense continued to stink it up so bad that it led to firing Linehan midseason which would have led to the offense going all to Garrett.....who also would've stunk it up thereby presenting the team with yet another example of just how shitty a coach he is.

But it looks like even Linehan will be allowed to play this entire season out so I'm left with the aforementioned hope that this season just turns out so bad that they can't justify keeping him.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

This is exactly whats going to happen at least for this year. I think Jerry is just waiting for his contract to expire. Its much easier to go that route then to fire his pet project so we will get one more year.

If I was Linehan I would get on the phone with Callahan. Its much easier to take when you know you arent the only one being done this way. Create a support system and possibly even contact Wade. LoL.

I would just love to see players walk away from Dallas and nobody wanting to sign here.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Garrett is going to be in the front office in some capacity. Probably be the one in charge of extending Dak.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Speaking of Wade, is it possible for Garrett to just "lose" this team as the season goes on? The same way Wade "lost" the team? I remember those guys just plain quit in some games.

Keep getting your head beat in every week and all the coach does is keep spouting platitudes. I could see some guys just saying "fuck it."

Top Bottom