Red Man Walking

• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

p1_

DCC 4Life
Simply put, will Garrett survive the season, yes or no?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Think he gets the full season no matter what, even if he shouldn't

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I went with yes even though I wish I had enough faith in the FO to vote no. Sucks but it is what it is.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

midswat

... soon
Don’t understand why this is even being asked. Guess I just see football differently than you.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think firing him med-season does little to help us.
I'd rather fire him midseason and give Richard a chance to turn this thing around. I love his aggressiveness and passion which I'd love to see disseminate through the entire roster. I'm not sure he has the ability to fix the offense but I'd prefer to give him a shot now so that we can decide what to do after the season with regards to a head coach. Maybe Richard shows us something worth considering as a head coaching candidate. And if not oh well, no loss there either.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Don’t understand why this is even being asked. Guess I just see football differently than you.
how to interpret your comment? as support for current regime, or just wanting to wait another 3 months through same old putrid offense and same lame excuses. Ive seen enough already. This is no better than the end of Wades tenure.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
I'd rather fire him midseason and give Richard a chance to turn this thing around. I love his aggressiveness and passion which I'd love to see disseminate through the entire roster. I'm not sure he has the ability to fix the offense but I'd prefer to give him a shot now so that we can decide what to do after the season with regards to a head coach. Maybe Richard shows us something worth considering as a head coaching candidate. And if not oh well, no loss there either.
That's how we got Garrett. I'd rather wait and completely clean house and, for once, let a new HC pick his entire staff. I know. That's a dream with Jerry's fucked up way of hiring coaches assistants first and all but that's the way to go. Richard is nice but if he has to go too we'll survive.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Yes, unfortunately
I think Jerry's emotional connection to Garrett won't let him can him until the season is over

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I also agree that I'm not entirely sure Jones would just fire Garrett.

I could see a ceremonial elevation to a front office role.

I know everyone mocks the culture angle but I actually think that remains a positive point for Garrett. The Wade and Campo circus days are a real thing.

Jerry might value having an advisor of sorts to keep an eye on that to keep certain paradigms in place.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I also agree that I'm not entirely sure Jones would just fire Garrett.

I could see a ceremonial elevation to a front office role.

I know everyone mocks the culture angle but I actually think that remains a positive point for Garrett. The Wade and Campo circus days are a real thing.

Jerry might value having an advisor of sorts to keep an eye on that to keep certain paradigms in place.

:art

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's how we got Garrett. I'd rather wait and completely clean house and, for once, let a new HC pick his entire staff. I know. That's a dream with Jerry's fucked up way of hiring coaches assistants first and all but that's the way to go. Richard is nice but if he has to go too we'll survive.
I guess I don't see why we can't do both. Give Richard a chance now and clean house after this season?

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I voted yes, for the whole season, only because of how excruciatingly delicious it will be to watch the drama unfold -- how much stress it will put on Jerry, his nervous system as well as his cardiovascular system. One or the other could break under the strain.

He obviously can't be happy with Garrett. It's impossible. But he has so much invested in Garrett. As he watches one gutless, incompetent performance after another unfold, the season will be like watching a relative die a slow death. Jerry will know he has to pull the plug, but can't. It's his loved one, Red Man Walking. The respirations are growing shallower, the pulse fading. Late November, mid-December. Pull the plug! the fans scream.

Rage, rage against the dying of the light, Jerry says. It doesn't get any better than that.

Top Bottom