• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
In the first place I didn’t say that. That is what some others said. What I said is he will never give up the position of GM.
What of that didn't you say?

Cotton

Staff member
I can tell you this, if Jerry really wanted to win, he would fire himself as GM. Try and debate that shit. Oh wait, you already are. Feels like 2008 all over again.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

LT is trolling the shit out of you guys. He has to be. Arguing Jerry Jones with him is like arguing politics with bipo. Both say some off the wall shit that everyone knows is nonsense. But they'll continue arguing the same nonsensical points as long as they have an audience.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The rub lies with this. Some have a position on how they think things should be and I don’t disagree with that. However, I am stating the way things actually are and that’s the facts of life when it comes to Jerry Jones. He really thinks he can make the Cowboys a winner when it is obvious that so far he hasn’t. He wants to win but he apparently will not do what so many want him to do and that’s to step down. I have never stated I agree with this rather that it is his position on the GM job. Until now he will not give it up. That doesn’t equate to me having a thing for Jerry. It’s simply a stated fact as it stands now. Is it a contradiction for Jones? Maybe so but stating how it is doesn’t make it a contradiction, it’s his position on the matter that may be a contradiction.

Have some said Jones wants the team to lose so he can remain as GM because he doesnt want them to win without him? Yes some have said that. I you care to review the thread you will see that it was stated in that manner. The only thing I am guilty of is saying despite the way things are with Jones, I believe he wants the Cowboys to be winners. That started this dislogue and some disagreed by saying he didn’t because if he did he would step down.

Choose for yourselfwhat his motivation is. My thoughts are that he wants to win but he will not step down because I think he believes he can do it. Obviously to this point he hasn’t.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The rub lies with this. Some have a position on how they think things should be and I don’t disagree with that. However, I am stating the way things actually are and that’s the facts of life when it comes to Jerry Jones. He really thinks he can make the Cowboys a winner when it is obvious that so far he hasn’t. He wants to win but he apparently will not do what so many want him to do and that’s to step down. I have never stated I agree with this rather that it is his position on the GM job. Until now he will not give it up. That doesn’t equate to me having a thing for Jerry. It’s simply a stated fact as it stands now. Is it a contradiction for Jones? Maybe so but stating how it is doesn’t make it a contradiction, it’s his position on the matter that may be a contradiction.

Have some said Jones wants the team to lose so he can remain as GM because he doesnt want them to win without him? Yes some have said that. I you care to review the thread you will see that it was stated in that manner. The only thing I am guilty of is saying despite the way things are with Jones, I believe he wants the Cowboys to be winners. That started this dislogue and some disagreed by saying he didn’t because if he did he would step down.

Choose for yourself what his motivation is. My thoughts are that he wants to win but he will not step down because I think he believes he can do it. Obviously to this point he hasn’t.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Choose for yourself what his motivation is. My thoughts are that he wants to win but he will not step down because I think he believes he can do it. Obviously to this point he hasn’t.
Let's try this another way to see if you can understand...

I think we can all agree Teh JJ wants 3 things: Make money, be in total control & to win.
Now list them in the order you think he prioritizes them.

To me it's clearly:
1.- Make Money

2.- Be in total control (seeing he gave up some to Parcells to get his stadium built after the Campo years)

And a distant 3rd.- Win (seeing he hasn't relinquished any control despite 30+ years of futility)

How would you rank them?

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Anybody hear/read the reports of Jones considering giving Garrett an extension before the season ends?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/10/15/17981890/could-a-jason-garrett-contract-extension-be-on-the-way-maybe
Saw the headlines a couple of hours ago. Wouldn't surprise me one bit,even if this team continues this roller coaster cycle and Dak finishes with twelve TD's and 15 interceptions. Finishing around 9-7 would be grounds for Jerry to extend Garrett and Dak.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Anybody hear/read the reports of Jones considering giving Garrett an extension before the season ends?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/10/15/17981890/could-a-jason-garrett-contract-extension-be-on-the-way-maybe
Jerry denied talking about that with anyone and the guy who started the rumor said just a few minutes later Garrett is a top 3 coach in the league so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in his opinion.

Also iirc Sullivan was the one who said emphatically we were standing pat or moving up the year we traded down and took Frederick

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Let's try this another way to see if you can understand...

I think we can all agree Teh JJ wants 3 things: Make money, be in total control & to win.
Now list them in the order you think he prioritizes them.

To me it's clearly:
1.- Make Money

2.- Be in total control (seeing he gave up some to Parcells to get his stadium built after the Campo years)

And a distant 3rd.- Win (seeing he hasn't relinquished any control despite 30+ years of futility)

How would you rank them?
I see no point to this exercise as it pertains to what I have commented on.

vince

Not So New Member
Jerry denied talking about that with anyone and the guy who started the rumor said just a few minutes later Garrett is a top 3 coach in the league so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in his opinion.

Also iirc Sullivan was the one who said emphatically we were standing pat or moving up the year we traded down and took Frederick
I did hear the interview with Jones denying this and hope to god Sullivan was just trying to grasp for anything to give himself some publicity.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Nothing says 'I'm all about winning' quite like this.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I thought you commented on us saying Teh JJ values being GM more than winning?
What I commented on was that it was ridiculous to say that Jones didn’t want to win. I also said he stated he will never step down as GM.

The part of Jones didn’t care about winning and he was more interested in being GM than winning was a postulation from others on the site. It didn’t come from me nor did I comment on it other than what I have already stated. My comments were how things actually are and what he has said and the postulation is how some think it should be.

Pose your curiosity about that phrase to those who actually made it. I have no comment about it nor did I state anything about it.

Cotton

Staff member
What I commented on was that it was ridiculous to say that Jones didn’t want to win. I also said he stated he will never step down as GM.

The part of Jones didn’t care about winning and he was more interested in being GM than winning was a postulation from others on the site. It didn’t come from me nor did I comment on it other than what I have already stated. My comments were how things actually are and what he has said and the postulation is how some think it should be.

Pose your curiosity about that phrase to those who actually made it. I have no comment about it nor did I state anything about it.
So, if he had to choose between being GM and winning, which do you think he would choose?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So, if he had to choose between being GM and winning, which do you think he would choose?
Have no idea. As they say in legal circles that call for an understanding of ones mind. I don’t understand the workings of his or anyone’s else’s mind.

Cotton

Staff member
Have no idea. As they say in legal circles that call for an understanding of ones mind. I don’t understand the workings of his or anyone’s else’s mind.
His actions speak loud enough.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Jerry is on record years ago saying he would have fired Jerry the Gm so...

Top Bottom