Red Man Walking

• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

p1_

DCC 4Life
The fact that he refuses to get a GM shows that he doesnt want to win. Everything that he has done shows his failures yet he refuses to get a football mind in place as a GM. That is a person that doesnt want to win unless its because of him. If he wanted to win then he would allow someone to come in and lead the team because 25 years is enough time to know that what you are doing is not working.
how many people do you think hes fired over the last 25 years? He is above reproach, free from accountability and exempt from responsibility. But not above well earned ridiclule and criticism.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The fact that he refuses to get a GM shows that he doesnt want to win. Everything that he has done shows his failures yet he refuses to get a football mind in place as a GM. That is a person that doesnt want to win unless its because of him. If he wanted to win then he would allow someone to come in and lead the team because 25 years is enough time to know that what you are doing is not working.
Well I disagree. I think he feels like he can make the team win again. Yes his efforts have been a failure but you won’t convince him that he hasn’t been trying to win. To me the simplist explanation is that his ego says I did it once and I can do it again. Even though we both agree he can’t make it happen as long as he continues to manage the team. I still contend however that he thinks he can still get it done. Take it one step further and he is on record that he will not give up the job..

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I mean, when the ball kicks off each week, Jerry wants his team to win and not lose the game.

But geez, LT. Please explain why he drastically changed course and hired Parcells when he needed his palace built if he thought his way was the best way to win.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Winning games has never been the goal. The goal has been making money and controlling everyone in the organization with no internal disruption. With Garrett: Mission Accomplished.
Cruise control is the goal.

As little effort to make as much money as possible.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I mean, when the ball kicks off each week, Jerry wants his team to win and not lose the game.

But geez, LT. Please explain why he drastically changed course and hired Parcells when he needed his palace built if he thought his way was the best way to win.
He hired a coach. A coach he thought would turn things around. He didn’t relinquish his GM position to do this.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He values more his being the GM, than the team winning, why is that difficult to grasp for you?

Put on your thinking cap. Jones hires coaches to make a difference in team production. The GM doesn’t coach. Jones isnt going to relinquish the GM position he is going to hire coaches to do this. His choices of coaches have left a lot to be desired but the idea of him giving up the GM position has never been on the plate. He wants to win and relies on coaches to get the Job done but he hasn’t always picked the best one for the job because he isn’t honed enough to make the right call. Never think he doesn’t want to win but also never think that as long as he lives he will be the GM and that’s the way he views his place in the sun.

Your seem to think that he is perfectly aware that if he vacated the GM spot the problem would be solved. That hasn’t crossed his mind.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Put on your thinking cap. Jones hires coaches to make a difference in team production. The GM doesn’t coach. Jones isnt going to relinquish the GM position he is going to hire coaches to do this. His choices of coaches have left a lot to be desired but the idea of him giving up the GM position has never been on the plate. He wants to win and relies on coaches to get the Job done but he hasn’t always picked the best one for the job because he isn’t honed enough to make the right call. Never think he doesn’t want to win but also never think that as long as he lives he will be the GM and that’s the way he views his place in the sun.

Your seem to think that he is perfectly aware that if he vacated the GM spot the problem would be solved. That hasn’t crossed his mind.
Jesus. A GM in danger of losing his job if he didn't win would not still have Garrett as his HC. Do you agree with that? If you don't then stop involving yourself in this conversation, because you're being dishonest.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Jesus. A GM in danger of losing his job if he didn't win would not still have Garrett as his HC. Do you agree with that? If you don't then stop involving yourself in this conversation, because you're being dishonest.
So what’s your point? Are you saying Jones doesn’t mind losing as long as he can be GM? Or are you saying that Jones doesn’t want to win ? Where is the dishonesty in saying Jones wants to win and be GM also? Seems more like where the real situation lies. He doesn’t have the capacity to win as GM. Everyone knows that but you will never convince him of that. Anyone that takes a position that Jones doesn’t want the Cowboys to win is being unrealistic. And to say he doesnt want to win if he can’t be the GM is ludicrous. He wants both. He just will not concede the GM position. Obviously keeping Garrett is the problem not him being the GM.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Actions are always louder than words. He can say he wants to win all he wants but the actions disprove that. If you want to take his false bravado at face value then go ahead. There are 25 years of moves that he has made that proves otherwise.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Actions are always louder than words. He can say he wants to win all he wants but the actions disprove that. If you want to take his false bravado at face value then go ahead. There are 25 years of moves that he has made that proves otherwise.
What false bravado are you referring to. My position is essentially the same as everyone else’s. I say Jones isn’t capable of making the Cowboys a winner. I say keeping Garrett isn’t going to make the Cowboys a winner. I have stated the all the hires Jones has made he though that would make the Cowboys a winner but it hasn’t. Where we disagree is that your position is that Jones wants the Cowboys to lose so he can keep his job as GM. And that he doesn’t want the team to win without him. I will never be convinced that Jones wants the Cowboys to lose as some have stated. I will also contend that he himself says he will never surrender the GM position and he is convinced he is good for the club even if he isn’t. There is no false bravado there it’s a disagreement that Jones thinks even if he is bad for the organization and doesn’t care about winning, given the choice he would rather see the Cowboys lose.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
So what’s your point? Are you saying Jones doesn’t mind losing as long as he can be GM? Or are you saying that Jones doesn’t want to win ? Where is the dishonesty in saying Jones wants to win and be GM also? Seems more like where the real situation lies. He doesn’t have the capacity to win as GM. Everyone knows that but you will never convince him of that. Anyone that takes a position that Jones doesn’t want the Cowboys to win is being unrealistic. And to say he doesnt want to win if he can’t be the GM is ludicrous. He wants both. He just will not concede the GM position. Obviously keeping Garrett is the problem not him being the GM.
How can you type that sentence out and not agree that he doesn't really want to win at all costs?

Oh and "And to say he doesnt want to win if he can’t be the GM is ludicrous."

Jesus Christ.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Of course he said it but he hasn’t. He won’t leave the office nor will he admit he is not capable. In his mind he thinks he can turn things around or he would have fired Garrett before now.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How can you type that sentence out and not agree that he doesn't really want to win at all costs?

Oh and "And to say he doesnt want to win if he can’t be the GM is ludicrous."

Jesus Christ.
In the first place I didn’t say that. That is what some others said. What I said is he will never give up the position of GM.

p1_

DCC 4Life
If he were really interested in winning he’d fire the GM with the abysmal track record.

Cotton

Staff member
What false bravado are you referring to. My position is essentially the same as everyone else’s. I say Jones isn’t capable of making the Cowboys a winner. I say keeping Garrett isn’t going to make the Cowboys a winner. I have stated the all the hires Jones has made he though that would make the Cowboys a winner but it hasn’t. Where we disagree is that your position is that Jones wants the Cowboys to lose so he can keep his job as GM. And that he doesn’t want the team to win without him. I will never be convinced that Jones wants the Cowboys to lose as some have stated. I will also contend that he himself says he will never surrender the GM position and he is convinced he is good for the club even if he isn’t. There is no false bravado there it’s a disagreement that Jones thinks even if he is bad for the organization and doesn’t care about winning, given the choice he would rather see the Cowboys lose.
Who the hell has stated or even implied that Jerry wants the team to lose to keep his GM job? Hell, he is the fucking owner. No one but him has a say in him keeping that title. He absolutely only wants to win as long as it is his by his own GM hands. He has proven that over and over and over again. How anyone could possibly try to refute that at this point is beyond me.

Listen, I know you have this thing for Jerry. Why, I have no idea. He is what is holding this team back. He is what is keeping himself as GM. He is what is keeping Garrett as coach. He is what is keeping his family as the heir apparent to this crap show.

So... ask yourself, if Jerry really wanted to win would he keep the same Jerry GM as GM if it were anyone else if he truly wanted to have success?

You were a banker. Would you have kept a bank branch manager if he was causing a branch to fail? Of course not. Stop defending this nonsense. There is no defending it.

Top Bottom