Red Man Walking

• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

DLK150

DCC 4Life
What he cares the utmost about is being comfortable.

He isn't comfortable when there is a strong HC with as big a personality as his own.

He won't abide not getting the credit as well.

Can't get the credit with a larger than life HC.
He does want to win another Super Bowl but he wants to be able to say "See? That was all me." He wants a puppet for a head coach and that's just what he has in Garrett. I really think he despised how much attention Jimmy got for those SB wins. What was it Switzer said to Jerrah after that last SB win? "We did it our way" or something like that?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He does want to win another Super Bowl but he wants to be able to say "See? That was all me." He wants a puppet for a head coach and that's just what he has in Garrett. I really think he despised how much attention Jimmy got for those SB wins. What was it Switzer said to Jerrah after that last SB win? "We did it our way" or something like that?
Yep he wanted a head coach who would give him the credit. Which Switzer was willing go do. Garrett would too but he doesn't have Jimmy's team to carry him.

p1_

DCC 4Life
If Garrett can convince Jerry that Dak simply can’t execute this highly complex offense, he might survive. I wanna see Garrett bench Dak when the we’ve been eliminated. That shouldn’t be too long now. Somebody’s gonna get it. Garrett will save himself first . I’m sure he’s already prioritized this years scapegoats.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Garrett can convince Jerry that Dak simply can’t execute this highly complex offense, he might survive. I wanna see Garrett bench Dak when the we’ve been eliminated. That shouldn’t be too long now. Somebody’s gonna get it. Garrett will save himself first . I’m sure he’s already prioritized this years scapegoats.
Garrett isn't afraid to throw anyone else under the bus as long as it isn't himself.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
You can't tell me he doesn't make more money when we win though.
The home-game stadium split is the same, win or lose. The home team gets to keep concession sales, luxury suite revenue, parking etc.

But the fact is that every NFL owner makes so much money from broadcast and licensing revenues that stadium ticket revenues are chump change. When you subtract all the costs of hosting a game on Sunday, the NFL owners could, in fact, do without the revenue from ticket sales. They all could afford to play in front of empty stadiums eight weeks a year.

However, that would be bad optics and PR. And the players don't like playing in half-filled stadiums. But the idea that winning has any substantive affect on money in Jerry's pocket doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Winning games has never been the goal. The goal has been making money and controlling everyone in the organization with no internal disruption. With Garrett: Mission Accomplished.
Jones is all about winning. He just doesn’t know how.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Jones is all about winning. He just doesn’t know how.
If Jones was all about winning, he would have recognized years ago that he's the obstacle to winning. If he's too fucking stupid to understand that, then it's not matter of not knowing how.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If Jones was all about winning, he would have recognized years ago that he's the obstacle to winning. If he's too fucking stupid to understand that, then it's not matter of not knowing how.
Jerry knows he's a problem but he doesn't care, he has his stadium AND gold jacket now. Our only hope is Garrett pisses off Stephen

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Bullshit.

How can anyone have watched him operate over the last 20 years and come to this conclusion?
It isn’t hard. Jones thinks he knows how to win from the early success he had but he also thinks he was the kingpin that made it all happen. He still thinks he can make it happen again. He just doesn’t realize that Coaches like what he given the team we’re going to make the franchise be dominant again but he just hasn’t picked the right people to do that. Even though he has stepped aside he doesn’t realize the Stephen can’t do anymore than he has done because daddy still occupies the GM chair and it still has a dominant voice in the affairs of the franchise. Jones cannot and will not remove himself from the dominant position as long as he is alive because he thinks the franchise cannot be successful without him. That’s why he doesn’t know how to win. He can’t divorce himself from the early years.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It isn’t hard. Jones thinks he knows how to win from the early success he had but he also thinks he was the kingpin that made it all happen. He still thinks he can make it happen again. He just doesn’t realize that Coaches like what he given the team we’re going to make the franchise be dominant again but he just hasn’t picked the right people to do that. Even though he has stepped aside he doesn’t realize the Stephen can’t do anymore than he has done because daddy still occupies the GM chair and it still has a dominant voice in the affairs of the franchise. Jones cannot and will not remove himself from the dominant position as long as he is alive because he thinks the franchise cannot be successful without him. That’s why he doesn’t know how to win. He can’t divorce himself from the early years.
Wrong.

It's not that he doesn't think the team can succeed without him, it's that he doesn't WANT the team to succeed without him.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I feel like today is pivotal for Red. Playing this Jags defense, we may just find out where 'bottom' lies.

~~How we doin, guys?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm getting the feeling Dallas is going to win this, maybe by the defense scoring or getting a few turnovers, and Jerry will be as happy as if he'd just won a playoff game.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Wrong.

It's not that he doesn't think the team can succeed without him, it's that he doesn't WANT the team to succeed without him.
How in the world did you come to that conclusion? If you mean that he feels he is responsible for the prior glory days then that’s a given. But the premise that he would rather stay with the team functions because he thinks he is the only person that can bring success to the team and would rather stay on with the team to keep them from winning without him, I don’t follow that. That equates to Jones had rather the team fail without him than be successful. I can’t get that logic. There has never been any circumstance where this seemed apparent. The only thing close to that is Jones saying he would never give up the GM position.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That equates to Jones had rather the team fail without him than be successful.

There has never been any circumstance where this seemed apparent.

The only thing close to that is Jones saying he would never give up the GM position.

Read these sentences again.....

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It's pretty obvious, isn't it?

Jerry wants to win like a fat girl who wants to be thin, but doesn't want to exercise or stop eating cake.

That's on the field, though. That Forbes list is what Jerry really cares about, and he's winning that every year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's pretty obvious, isn't it?

Jerry wants to win like a fat girl who wants to be thin, but doesn't want to exercise or stop eating cake.

That's on the field, though. That Forbes list is what Jerry really cares about, and he's winning that every year.
This is pretty accurate. He wants to win but he doesn't want to do the uncomfortable things that would be required of him to actually win.

Top Bottom