X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    I also agree that I'm not entirely sure Jones would just fire Garrett.

I could see a ceremonial elevation to a front office role.

I know everyone mocks the culture angle but I actually think that remains a positive point for Garrett. The Wade and Campo circus days are a real thing.

Jerry might value having an advisor of sorts to keep an eye on that to keep certain paradigms in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluestar71 View Post
      That's how we got Garrett. I'd rather wait and completely clean house and, for once, let a new HC pick his entire staff. I know. That's a dream with Jerry's fucked up way of hiring coaches assistants first and all but that's the way to go. Richard is nice but if he has to go too we'll survive.
      I guess I don't see why we can't do both. Give Richard a chance now and clean house after this season?

Comment

Originally posted by p1_ View Post
        ding ding ding
        Good job, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
          I guess I don't see why we can't do both. Give Richard a chance now and clean house after this season?
          I kinda like this one, but we're stuck with Linehan I suppose.
          defense wins championships

Comment

I voted yes, for the whole season, only because of how excruciatingly delicious it will be to watch the drama unfold -- how much stress it will put on Jerry, his nervous system as well as his cardiovascular system. One or the other could break under the strain.

He obviously can't be happy with Garrett. It's impossible. But he has so much invested in Garrett. As he watches one gutless, incompetent performance after another unfold, the season will be like watching a relative die a slow death. Jerry will know he has to pull the plug, but can't. It's his loved one, Red Man Walking. The respirations are growing shallower, the pulse fading. Late November, mid-December. Pull the plug! the fans scream.

Rage, rage against the dying of the light, Jerry says. It doesn't get any better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
              I also agree that I'm not entirely sure Jones would just fire Garrett.

I could see a ceremonial elevation to a front office role.

I know everyone mocks the culture angle but I actually think that remains a positive point for Garrett. The Wade and Campo circus days are a real thing.

Jerry might value having an advisor of sorts to keep an eye on that to keep certain paradigms in place.

Culture don't win football games. Kickin' the other guy's ass wins football games. The NFL doesn't give out any trophies for "League's Best Culture."

Comment

Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                I kinda like this one, but we're stuck with Linehan I suppose.
                Yeah I wish there was a way to get a new offensive coordinator midseason too. The problem is I don't think we have anyone qualified on our offensive staff to take that over. Our QB coach is a rookie who has only ever known Linehan. I don't think Sanjay Lal is qualified to do it. Or our offensive line coach.

So I just don't see anyway to change offensive coordinators midseason as well unless there is a talented guy just sitting out there waiting for the chance.

Comment

Yeah I wish there was a way to get a new offensive coordinator midseason too. The problem is I don't think we have anyone qualified on our offensive staff to take that over. Our QB coach is a rookie who has only ever known Linehan. I don't think Sanjay Lal is qualified to do it. Or our offensive line coach.

So I just don't see anyway to change offensive coordinators midseason as well unless there is a talented guy just sitting out there waiting for the chance.

So you think there's still some way to salvage the season? Some miraculous reshuffling of coaches might do it?

Comment

Originally posted by deadrise View Post
                    So you think there's still some way to salvage the season? Some miraculous reshuffling of coaches might do it?
                    No but I'd rather get a good coach in place sooner rather than later. Let someone maybe start getting things headed in a better direction. If you could for example get a good offensive coordinator in here now it may at least start the process of getting things headed in the right direction. Clearly right now they are headed only down. Why not use the rest of this season to start to change the culture of the team as opposed to allowing Garrett and company to continue to poison the well?

Comment

Garrett as an "advisor" to anything is hilarious. Culture of gutless, predictable, clueless looking losers... the process. 😂

Comment

No but I'd rather get a good coach in place sooner rather than later. Let someone maybe start getting things headed in a better direction. If you could for example get a good offensive coordinator in here now it may at least start the process of getting things headed in the right direction. Clearly right now they are headed only down. Why not use the rest of this season to start to change the culture of the team as opposed to allowing Garrett and company to continue to poison the well?

But Garrett has been trying to establish his own "culture" for at least the last 4 or 5 years. Now some one else is going to come in and change the "culture" in mid-season?

The "culture" is Jerry Jones' culture. It's been an abysmal, losing "culture" for 20 years. That's the reality. Sorry.

Comment

But Garrett has been trying to establish his own "culture" for at least the last 4 or 5 years. Now some one else is going to come in and change the "culture" in mid-season?

The "culture" is Jerry Jones' culture. It's been an abysmal, losing "culture" for 20 years. That's the reality. Sorry.
                          Oh Garrett has his culture. It's a ultra conservative, no emotion, business like culture where everyone feels very secure in their jobs. Its shitty for a football team.

Yes a coach like Richard can change that quickly.

Comment

Culture don't win football games. Kickin' the other guy's ass wins football games. The NFL doesn't give out any trophies for "League's Best Culture."
                            I'm not arguing it's a reason to keep him; another competent coach should be able to instill that as well.

But good culture certainly does help win football games.

My point is that I could see a scenario where Jones opts to keep him around in some other role, is all.

Comment

From DB coach to de facto DC to HC all within the span of a few weeks... talk about "battlefield promotion".

RICHARD'S ROUGHNECKS!

Comment

Originally posted by P_T View Post
                                From DB coach to de facto DC to HC all within the span of a few weeks... talk about "battlefield promotion".

RICHARD'S ROUGHNECKS!
                                Props for the use of a Starship Troopers reference
                                2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X