Red Man Walking

Red Man Walking

• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
He would make for a fantastic OC in the NFL. I would be ecstatic to have him. As long as Garrett is gone, of course.
I don't like the way he uses his RB's- which was one of the AD's comments about lack of balance in the offense. Plus quite honestly unless TRHG is gone, he's going to be running that offense anyways.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't like the way he uses his RB's- which was one of the AD's comments about lack of balance in the offense. Plus quite honestly unless TRHG is gone, he's going to be running that offense anyways.
"As long as Garrett is gone, of course."

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah it would be silly to not play to the strength of the team. Still you see the Saints passing offense is very explosive but they also use their RBs a lot.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He would make for a fantastic OC in the NFL. I would be ecstatic to have him. As long as Garrett is gone, of course.
you think Garrett would waste his talent by forcing the Don Coryell/Ernie Zampese offense down his throat?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
you think Garrett would waste his talent by forcing the Don Coryell/Ernie Zampese offense down his throat?
Yes, I absolutely do, that's why I would only want Kliff if Garrett is gone. Kliff has one of the most creative offensive minds in the country and that genius would be wasted under Garrett.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yes, I absolutely do, that's why I would only want Kliff if Garrett is gone. Kliff has one of the most creative offensive minds in the country and that genius would be wasted under Garrett.
that's sad. Even Garrett should realize he's riding a fucking dinosaur. However, I think it has to be the Brady Bottle Lock that Linehan goes, regardless of how this season concludes. KK would be a coup.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I don't think he's going anywhere, but if the Eagles advance and we don't, Jerry will simmer.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What it comes down to me is the priority at this juncture should be promoting the fortunes of the team. At the moment it seems the mindset is with getting rid of the coach and that is more important than wishing for the well being and victory on the field by the team.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
What it comes down to me is the priority at this juncture should be promoting the fortunes of the team. At the moment it seems the mindset is with getting rid of the coach
Getting rid of the coach is promoting the fortunes of the team.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What it comes down to me is the priority at this juncture should be promoting the fortunes of the team. At the moment it seems the mindset is with getting rid of the coach and that is more important than wishing for the well being and victory on the field by the team.
What a fan wishes for has absolutely no bearing on what will happen on the field. We are afforded the luxury of being able to look at long term projections regarding the team. And Garrett has a proven track record of under achieving. A fan wanting to take a step back for the possibility of taking thee steps forward doesn’t make them any worse a fan than the perpetual rah rah fan.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What a fan wishes for has absolutely no bearing on what will happen on the field. We are afforded the luxury of being able to look at long term projections regarding the team. And Garrett has a proven track record of under achieving. A fan wanting to take a step back for the possibility of taking thee steps forward doesn’t make them any worse a fan than the perpetual rah rah fan.
The Cowboys fortunes regarding a team goal is going to happen Saturday. Team rah rah is what fans do for their team. Team management are goals of owners, General Managers and would be General Managers. I guess one just has to decide how they want to support the team.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Garrett gets his shot this postseason. I think his performance now should be the determining factor. He has gotten his team to the playoffs. Now, let's see what you got. There had better be some results or GTFO. The opportunities have been ample.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He wouldn't be hired if we planned to force the Coryell offense on Kliff. If he's hired, it's a guarantee that the offensive scheme is at least getting refreshed. The above post is rated C- for Dumb Frick Premise.

Of course, Kliff was just hired as Cardinals head coach, so, moot point. Just talking hypotheticals. If we hired some offensive mind that was not necessarily in lock step with Garrett's 90's approach, it's because there will be big changes being made. Not because we are gonna force the new guy to do everything the same that Linehan did.

Top Bottom