Red Man Walking

• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I also agree that I'm not entirely sure Jones would just fire Garrett.

I could see a ceremonial elevation to a front office role.

I know everyone mocks the culture angle but I actually think that remains a positive point for Garrett. The Wade and Campo circus days are a real thing.

Jerry might value having an advisor of sorts to keep an eye on that to keep certain paradigms in place.

Culture don't win football games. Kickin' the other guy's ass wins football games. The NFL doesn't give out any trophies for "League's Best Culture."

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I kinda like this one, but we're stuck with Linehan I suppose.
Yeah I wish there was a way to get a new offensive coordinator midseason too. The problem is I don't think we have anyone qualified on our offensive staff to take that over. Our QB coach is a rookie who has only ever known Linehan. I don't think Sanjay Lal is qualified to do it. Or our offensive line coach.

So I just don't see anyway to change offensive coordinators midseason as well unless there is a talented guy just sitting out there waiting for the chance.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Yeah I wish there was a way to get a new offensive coordinator midseason too. The problem is I don't think we have anyone qualified on our offensive staff to take that over. Our QB coach is a rookie who has only ever known Linehan. I don't think Sanjay Lal is qualified to do it. Or our offensive line coach.

So I just don't see anyway to change offensive coordinators midseason as well unless there is a talented guy just sitting out there waiting for the chance.

So you think there's still some way to salvage the season? Some miraculous reshuffling of coaches might do it?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you think there's still some way to salvage the season? Some miraculous reshuffling of coaches might do it?
No but I'd rather get a good coach in place sooner rather than later. Let someone maybe start getting things headed in a better direction. If you could for example get a good offensive coordinator in here now it may at least start the process of getting things headed in the right direction. Clearly right now they are headed only down. Why not use the rest of this season to start to change the culture of the team as opposed to allowing Garrett and company to continue to poison the well?

jaf1224

Not So New Member
Garrett as an "advisor" to anything is hilarious. Culture of gutless, predictable, clueless looking losers... the process. 😂

deadrise

DCC 4Life
No but I'd rather get a good coach in place sooner rather than later. Let someone maybe start getting things headed in a better direction. If you could for example get a good offensive coordinator in here now it may at least start the process of getting things headed in the right direction. Clearly right now they are headed only down. Why not use the rest of this season to start to change the culture of the team as opposed to allowing Garrett and company to continue to poison the well?

But Garrett has been trying to establish his own "culture" for at least the last 4 or 5 years. Now some one else is going to come in and change the "culture" in mid-season?

The "culture" is Jerry Jones' culture. It's been an abysmal, losing "culture" for 20 years. That's the reality. Sorry.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But Garrett has been trying to establish his own "culture" for at least the last 4 or 5 years. Now some one else is going to come in and change the "culture" in mid-season?

The "culture" is Jerry Jones' culture. It's been an abysmal, losing "culture" for 20 years. That's the reality. Sorry.
Oh Garrett has his culture. It's a ultra conservative, no emotion, business like culture where everyone feels very secure in their jobs. Its shitty for a football team.

Yes a coach like Richard can change that quickly.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Culture don't win football games. Kickin' the other guy's ass wins football games. The NFL doesn't give out any trophies for "League's Best Culture."
I'm not arguing it's a reason to keep him; another competent coach should be able to instill that as well.

But good culture certainly does help win football games.

My point is that I could see a scenario where Jones opts to keep him around in some other role, is all.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
From DB coach to de facto DC to HC all within the span of a few weeks... talk about "battlefield promotion". :lol

RICHARD'S ROUGHNECKS!

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
From DB coach to de facto DC to HC all within the span of a few weeks... talk about "battlefield promotion". :lol

RICHARD'S ROUGHNECKS!
Props for the use of a Starship Troopers reference :lol

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm not arguing it's a reason to keep him; another competent coach should be able to instill that as well.

My point is that I could see a scenario where Jones opts to keep him around in some other role, is all.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Why would Jerry fire him? He has the perfect puppet, and the team makes a ton of money. From his perspective, that’s a win-win.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Why would Jerry fire him? He has the perfect puppet, and the team makes a ton of money. From his perspective, that’s a win-win.
the gig is up. People are done with it, all of it. Theyve had it with the shitty coaching, the shitty offense and the 8-8 we are thrust headlong towards as we speak.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Not only will he survive the season, he’ll be coaching the team next year and he’ll get an extension.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

p1_

DCC 4Life

Gaining momentum, baby

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I know everyone mocks the culture angle but I actually think that remains a positive point for Garrett. The Wade and Campo circus days are a real thing.
Um, really? The Jones Big Top has never been stronger than it is today. More player suspensions and more drama than ever.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Hoffa

DCC 4Life

Garrett seems to have enough friends in coaching that I doubt he'll have trouble finding another job fairly quickly. Hell, he might go become Nick Saban's OC at Alabama. Saban loves hiring wayward retards to run his offense. It's almost like a sick perversion of his.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Top Bottom