Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick, tock. One loss at a time, stacking losses on losses, til we get you out.
    defense wins championships

Comment

• Guess the World Series trip wasn't such a good idea after all.

Go to the World Series and win? Fine.

Go to the World Series and lose? After a bye week? Good night Irene.

Comment

• but how about privately? what do you there?

Comment

• I think Linehan gets scapegoated out of here in the off-season if things stay on this path.

Garrett of course will continue his Teflon existence. He's a made man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
            I think Linehan gets scapegoated out of here in the off-season if things stay on this path.

Unfortunately.

Thing is, for Jerry to write off Garrett he has to take heat for the decisions he has made largely at the behest of Garrett, namely hiring Linehan and a bunch of assistants, benching Romo in favor of a rookie, and cutting Dez with no option available to replace him.

Lose Garrett, and complicity for all that shit falls on him.

Garrett stays, even if we go 6-10. And then I become a Chiefs fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
              Unfortunately.

Thing is, for Jerry to write off Garrett he has to take heat for the decisions he has made largely at the behest of Garrett, namely hiring Linehan and a bunch of assistants, benching Romo in favor of a rookie, and cutting Dez with no option available to replace him.

Lose Garrett, and complicity for all that shit falls on him.

Garrett stays, even if we go 6-10. And then I become a Chiefs fan.
              I don't think Jerry worries about bad decisions. He's made so many appalling decisions over the years that he'd never let a few more fiascos worry him.

But the real big appalling decision, hiring Garrett and keeping him all this time, might be the saving grace for Garrett. To fire Garrett would be admitting that the last 8 years have been a waste. Jerry's made an investment in Garrett. He's kept adding to it and held on to it way too long. So firing Garrett after all this time makes Jerry look really, really stupid and incompetent to a degree that can't just be brushed aside. That might worry Jerry more than anything.

Comment

I think Linehan gets scapegoated out of here in the off-season if things stay on this path.

You could be right, but my hope is still that it just gets too bad for even Jerry to defend Garrett.

I had hoped that the offense continued to stink it up so bad that it led to firing Linehan midseason which would have led to the offense going all to Garrett.....who also would've stunk it up thereby presenting the team with yet another example of just how shitty a coach he is.

But it looks like even Linehan will be allowed to play this entire season out so I'm left with the aforementioned hope that this season just turns out so bad that they can't justify keeping him.
                2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

Comment

This is exactly whats going to happen at least for this year. I think Jerry is just waiting for his contract to expire. Its much easier to go that route then to fire his pet project so we will get one more year.

If I was Linehan I would get on the phone with Callahan. Its much easier to take when you know you arent the only one being done this way. Create a support system and possibly even contact Wade. LoL.

I would just love to see players walk away from Dallas and nobody wanting to sign here.
                  #Fire Garrett

Comment

• Garrett is going to be in the front office in some capacity. Probably be the one in charge of extending Dak.
                    #Fire Garrett

Comment

• Speaking of Wade, is it possible for Garrett to just "lose" this team as the season goes on? The same way Wade "lost" the team? I remember those guys just plain quit in some games.

Keep getting your head beat in every week and all the coach does is keep spouting platitudes. I could see some guys just saying "fuck it."

Comment

• The thing to remember is also, Jerry doesn’t throw people under the bus. He defended Wade then fired him shortly after. He denied looking to replace Campo and then interviewed Bill Parcells.

Comment

• Originally posted by deadrise View Post
                          To fire Garrett would be admitting that the last 8 years have been a waste. Jerry's made an investment in Garrett. He's kept adding to it and held on to it way too long. So firing Garrett after all this time makes Jerry look really, really stupid and incompetent to a degree that can't just be brushed aside. That might worry Jerry more than anything.
                          This is the heart of it.

Garrett stays unless this team goes 3-13.

Dumping Jason Garrett would be worth losing the top pick in the draft.

... until you imagine whom Skeletor might pick next. /shudder

Chiefs red is looking better by the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                            The thing to remember is also, Jerry doesn’t throw people under the bus. He defended Wade then fired him shortly after. He denied looking to replace Campo and then interviewed Bill Parcells.
                            Yea, Jerry lies about this shit all the time.

I think 8-8 might be enough to save Garrett's ass for one more year but anything less and I'm fairly sure he's fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
                              Yea, Jerry lies about this shit all the time.

I think 8-8 might be enough to save Garrett's ass for one more year but anything less and I'm fairly sure he's fired.
                              It would be sad if 8-8 saved him again. That's a career's worth of 8-8 and I'm sick of it. I'd rather an new coach came in, we lost for 2 years and actually were building for something rather than suffer through the hell of more mediocrity. It's like the Mavs now. The past few years of just trying to do something with Dirk and barely make the playoffs sucked. Now with DSJ and Luca in the past 2 years of drafts, they are still bad, but you can see the hope for the future so losing doesn't feel so futile.

Comment

• Originally posted by deadrise View Post
                                I don't think Jerry worries about bad decisions. He's made so many appalling decisions over the years that he'd never let a few more fiascos worry him.

But the real big appalling decision, hiring Garrett and keeping him all this time, might be the saving grace for Garrett. To fire Garrett would be admitting that the last 8 years have been a waste. Jerry's made an investment in Garrett. He's kept adding to it and held on to it way too long. So firing Garrett after all this time makes Jerry look really, really stupid and incompetent to a degree that can't just be brushed aside. That might worry Jerry more than anything.
                                by the same token, when your investment yields no return, it's bad business to hold that investment. You have to cut losses at some point. there was a time when Jerry was a savvy business man.

Comment

Working...
                                X