"Dallas Cowboys Run By Losers"

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'd buy your logic, but its not the logic that the other teams in the NFL use. They call a spade a spade, and at least give their teams fans a hope that change is coming. Even the sad sack of shit Washington owner Snyder has put Gruden on notice that this year has to produce results.
Oh! But you are now being guilty of putting Jones in the logical category. I don’t see him that way and I think that as a rule neither do you and most. By now Jones has his own set of logic and it not comparable with the rest of the NFL.:art

p1_

DCC 4Life
By now Jones has his own set of logic and it not comparable with the rest of the NFL.:art
Or the rest of society. Repeated under-performance results in change. Corporate America 101.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Biggest blunder for this franchise in possibly a decade or more. Maybe way more.

Letting the Eagles get in front of you for Wentz.
I saw a mock draft today at CNNSI. Justin Herbert to the Giants at #1. :picard

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I guess there is a lot of time to discuss possible QB choices. Finley, Herbert, Lock... Sucks we have to pick a QB high and can't get the WR we also really need. Of course there is always free agency.

What I'm curious about is who our new coach will be.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess there is a lot of time to discuss possible QB choices. Finley, Herbert, Lock... Sucks we have to pick a QB high and can't get the WR we also really need. Of course there is always free agency.

What I'm curious about is who our new coach will be.
How about you get none of these things?

How about they stick with Prescott. Decide to draft a WR high and give Garrett another year?

You good?

Because, you know, there is a distinct fucking possibility this happens just like I described.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

How about they stick with Prescott. Decide to draft a WR high and give Garrett another year?

You good?

Because, you know, there is a distinct fucking possibility this happens just like I described.
I'd be cool with drafting a WR high. But I'm not sure we would even do that.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

You good?

Yep unfortunately I think you are more right then wrong.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have a feeling the WRs will be hung out to dry at the end of it all.

Prescott and Garrett.

Rookie of the Year and Coach of the Year. One last ride.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I’m not sure there is a lot of security in highly rated Wide recievers. A great many are high strung egotistical ball hogs that cause almost as many problems as the rest of the team combined. Anymore you see the media pouring all over the teams that have problematic high dollar receivers. I think there are a lot of really good receivers that can be drafted in the 3rd or 4th rounds. To me the first and second round picks are outstanding lineman who are the team anchors and rarely cause problems with their egos.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m not sure there is a lot of security in highly rated Wide recievers. A great many are high strung egotistical ball hogs that cause almost as many problems as the rest of the team combined. Anymore you see the media pouring all over the teams that have problematic high dollar receivers. I think there are a lot of really good receivers that can be drafted in the 3rd or 4th rounds. To me the first and second round picks are outstanding lineman who are the team anchors and rarely cause problems with their egos.
There are great players available at every position in every round. QB is the one exception because there are so few good ones.

The top 5 WR's in the NFL by yards right now though are

Deandre Hopkins - First Round
Adam Thielen - Undrafted
Julio Jones - First Round
Michael Thomas - Second Round
Odell Beckham - First Round

You'll find that far more of the top WR's were taken highly in the draft than not.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There are great players available at every position in every round. QB is the one exception because there are so few good ones.

The top 5 WR's in the NFL by yards right now though are

Deandre Hopkins - First Round
Adam Thielen - Undrafted
Julio Jones - First Round
Michael Thomas - Second Round
Odell Beckham - First Round

You'll find that far more of the top WR's were taken highly in the draft than not.
I think a better test might be to see what Teams are still standing in the playoff rounds and see where their wide receivers ranked in the draft. Catching a lot of passes but not going to the dance is a consolation prize. Maybe we can visit this at a later time. I am too lazy at the moment to research the the past few seasons.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think a better test might be to see what Teams are still standing in the playoff rounds and see where their wide receivers ranked in the draft. Catching a lot of passes but not going to the dance is a consolation prize. Maybe we can visit this at a later time. I am too lazy at the moment to research the the past few seasons.
Well that's going to vary wildly from year to year as every NFL team is constructed differently and NFL teams all find different ways to win games. But if you look in the Superbowl the Pat's and Eagles both sported receivers drafted in the first round last year. Cooks and Agholor are both former first rounders. The Eagles also had Jefferey and Torrey Smith who were former second round picks.

But again you could pick a different Superbowl and the teams will be constructed way differently.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

You good?

This represents the pinnacle of DFDC.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm not on board with that.
Why? Dont value the WRs that high or just want to draft a QB there? What if the QBs arent worth it because there is talk about concern over the quality of the QBs this year? Just draft one to draft one?

I'm just wondering and I am on the replace Dak boat as well. I jist dont want to Ryan Leaf it just because. We are also at a disadvantage because I dont believe our braintrust can evaluate them nor develop them. We are going to need a lot of luck.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Why? Dont value the WRs that high or just want to draft a QB there? What if the QBs arent worth it because there is talk about concern over the quality of the QBs this year? Just draft one to draft one?

I'm just wondering and I am on the replace Dak boat as well. I jist dont want to Ryan Leaf it just because. We are also at a disadvantage because I dont believe our braintrust can evaluate them nor develop them. We are going to need a lot of luck.
I'm not hell bent on anything but a 1st round WR doesn't solve any of our problems. Unless he's a no-question elite stud I'd prefer to build in other ways.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not hell bent on anything but a 1st round WR doesn't solve any of our problems. Unless he's a no-question elite stud I'd prefer to build in other ways.
So other than QB, what would you take in the draft to help the offense? Or do you not view the offense as the problem holding this team back?

Top Bottom