"Dallas Cowboys Run By Losers"

deadrise

DCC 4Life
"One good draft plus some key free agent acquisitions and Dak will be good as new." That's how Jerry thinks, which is why radical change is a longshot.
As long as Jerry and the Idiot Son are running the show and Garrett's the HC, draft picks are nothing more than rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Not siding here but what else can he say at this point and not make matters worse. I don’t know if there is anything being kicked around by management but they obviously can’t be happy right now.
I'd buy your logic, but its not the logic that the other teams in the NFL use. They call a spade a spade, and at least give their teams fans a hope that change is coming. Even the sad sack of shit Washington owner Snyder has put Gruden on notice that this year has to produce results.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Repeating myself again, but what I see is that Stephen is very arrogant about his abilities -- he's basically taken over for his dad the last few years and the drafting has improved, so he thinks he's a great personnel man. He's still confident that the team he's decided on is that talented and capable and will turn it around because dammit, he put this team together and he's good.

Always thought it would be a slow, painful process for him to learn that he's not that smart and he will make mistakes that need to be corrected.
Its pretty obvious to the smart football fans that the Jones family caught lightning in a bottle with Johnson and the slew of Herschel draft picks to win a few SB's. Since then and after Jerry said he would win things doing it "his way" its been a long draught of playoff wins and SB appearances.

Clearly, a good football fan can see that BOTH Jones overplay the talent on both sides of the ball. Many of the players they pump up to the media are probably 2nd stringers on most contending teams...hence the fact that Dallas never makes it into the money rounds.

Todays NFL doesn't rely on 1-2 star players anymore....it relies on really good players sprinkled thruout the roster, most of which come via the draft and out of FA. Dallas sucks at both, although the draft has gotten better, they refuse to upgrade positions that would make a difference in getting to the next level because of the overvaluation of current roster talent.

Its a huge problem.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Its pretty obvious to the smart football fans that the Jones family caught lightning in a bottle with Johnson and the slew of Herschel draft picks to win a few SB's. Since then and after Jerry said he would win things doing it "his way" its been a long draught of playoff wins and SB appearances.

Clearly, a good football fan can see that BOTH Jones overplay the talent on both sides of the ball. Many of the players they pump up to the media are probably 2nd stringers on most contending teams...hence the fact that Dallas never makes it into the money rounds.

Todays NFL doesn't rely on 1-2 star players anymore....it relies on really good players sprinkled thruout the roster, most of which come via the draft and out of FA. Dallas sucks at both, although the draft has gotten better, they refuse to upgrade positions that would make a difference in getting to the next level because of the overvaluation of current roster talent.

Its a huge problem.
Well there is 32 teams in the league so all things being equal he should have won ~1 SB in the ~30 years since he bought the team. He's won 3. So, as much as we would love to pretend he's a moron and a POS and all the rest, he's beat the averages. Would you trade him for Snyder?

But whatever. Arguing we needing to get rid of the Joneses is just a waste of air not worth discussing.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well there is 32 teams in the league so all things being equal he should have won ~1 SB in the ~30 years since he bought the team. He's won 3. So, as much as we would love to pretend he's a moron and a POS and all the rest, he's beat the averages. Would you trade him for Snyder?

But whatever. Arguing we needing to get rid of the Joneses is just a waste of air not worth discussing.
So why are we the team that we are since Jimmy left if Jerry was so involved? You would think that he could stumble on some kind of success in the past 20 years if he was a sound football mind.

If you season ticket holders would stop going to the games then maybe we could see some kind of substantial change. I do agree that that aint happening so we are left with being the New Cleveland Browns.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
So why are we the team that we are since Jimmy left if Jerry was so involved? You would think that he could stumble on some kind of success in the past 20 years if he was a sound football mind.

If you season ticket holders would stop going to the games then maybe we could see some kind of substantial change. I do agree that that aint happening so we are left with being the New Cleveland Browns.
At least Cleveland could get excited about a top 5 draft pick every year. We're stuck in 8-8 hell most of the time. Not good enough to advance into and through the playoffs and not bad enough to infuse real blue chip talent with high draft picks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
At least Cleveland could get excited about a top 5 draft pick every year. We're stuck in 8-8 hell most of the time. Not good enough to advance into and through the playoffs and not bad enough to infuse real blue chip talent with high draft picks.
So many wasted top draft picks but I'm with you.

UncleMilti

Staff member

Anyone with half a brain knows Johnson picked the players that won those 3 SBs.

If Jones was so adept at assembling a good roster he’d at least been to the playoffs and even contending for division titles with some consistency over the last 25 years. I’d even be happy with a CHANCE at the playoffs on a regular basis. But instead the team is mired in mediocrity.

Definitely would not have Snyder, but he finally did get a couple smart FO guys and they picked some pretty damn good players in the last few drafts.

But like you said as long as there is a Jerry and Stephen Jones with their hand in the pot it’s not going to get any better.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yup Jerry is definitely a racist, he should be forced to sell the team immediately!!

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yup Jerry is definitely a racist, he should be forced to sell the team immediately!!
I'm certainly not trying to defend Jones and Garrett, but if this is strictly a white man keeping his job after such a long stretch of bad coaching, why does Marvin Lewis still have his job?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He's also called for Lewis to be fired. Garrett is the coach not because he's white but because he's a pushover who will put up with endless bullshit from the owner.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'm certainly not trying to defend Jones and Garrett, but if this is strictly a white man keeping his job after such a long stretch of bad coaching, why does Marvin Lewis still have his job?
Shush damnit, Jerry already got caught with a couple hookers and laughed off that controversy, this is probably our last shot

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Shit, how about Hue Jackson?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Shit, how about Hue Jackson?
Yeah. I don't think this has anything to do with race, as that dumbass Stephen A. Smith is trying so hard to push. I'd say he is right initially, when he says Garrett still has his job because of his relationship with Jones. But then he goes off the rails trying to say it's a race thing. I'd say it's just shitty owners that get comfortable with what they have and are ok with it.

I wonder if anybody has asked him to explain why Jackson and Lewis still have their jobs.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Anyone with half a brain knows Johnson picked the players that won those 3 SBs.

If Jones was so adept at assembling a good roster he’d at least been to the playoffs and even contending for division titles with some consistency over the last 25 years. I’d even be happy with a CHANCE at the playoffs on a regular basis. But instead the team is mired in mediocrity.

Definitely would not have Snyder, but he finally did get a couple smart FO guys and they picked some pretty damn good players in the last few drafts.

But like you said as long as there is a Jerry and Stephen Jones with their hand in the pot it’s not going to get any better.
Who fucking cares? This is nothing that is going to change. The coach can definitely change and a fan upswell demanding his head will get him fired. It's worked before and it will work this year.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
What an asshole. Yes it absolutely has a lot to do with their relationship but
1) It has nothing to do with race.
2) Jerry had a great relationship with Dez and axed his ass eventually. He'll do the same thing with Garrett. Probably this year.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
and what the folks here are mad at is the way he answered it. Again not needing notifying of exact moves. Just dont tell me everything is fine and we are just going to wait it out.
Well we may not like it but as long as he wants to blow smoke then what alternative is there. Last I remember we can’t tie him up and slap him around until he tell us what we want to hear. We already know that the offense isn’t effective so personally I don’t really need for him to tell me it needs fixed. By him saying it’s ok makes me know that he is blowing smoke. I don’t rely on what he says to make me know things aren’t right with certain aspects of the team. I just say to myself who does he think he is kidding.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
and what the folks here are mad at is the way he answered it. Again not needing notifying of exact moves. Just dont tell me everything is fine and we are just going to wait it out.
Well we may not like it but as long as he wants to blow smoke then what alternative is there? Last I remember we can’t tie him up and slap him around until he tell us what we want to hear. We already know that the offense isn’t effective so personally I don’t really need for him to tell me it needs fixed. By him saying it’s ok makes me know that he is blowing smoke. I don’t rely on what he says to make me know things aren’t right with certain aspects of the team. I just say to myself who does he think he is kidding.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well we may not like it but as long as he wants to blow smoke then what alternative is there? Last I remember we can’t tie him up and slap him around until he tell us what we want to hear. We already know that the offense isn’t effective so personally I don’t really need for him to tell me it needs fixed. By him saying it’s ok makes me know that he is blowing smoke. I don’t rely on what he says to make me know things aren’t right with certain aspects of the team. I just say to myself who does he think he is kidding.
:picard

UncleMilti

Staff member
Who fucking cares? This is nothing that is going to change. The coach can definitely change and a fan upswell demanding his head will get him fired. It's worked before and it will work this year.
I realize that. But it’s fun to pretend Jerry might change. What else are we going to talk about...Super Bowl chances? And this is a fucking Cowboys discussion board, right?

Top Bottom