"Dallas Cowboys Run By Losers"

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Feels like what they said when they drafted Zeke instead of going hard after Goff/Wentz like I wanted.
Biggest blunder for this franchise in possibly a decade or more. Maybe way more.

Letting the Eagles get in front of you for Wentz.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Yeah unless someone gets cut going after a free agent after this season looks like a waste of time. Besides I think the real advantage in the NFL these days is getting a young stud QB on a cheap contract. Tying up 30 mil a season on a QB doesn't seem like a good idea in free agency.
It’s ok under the right circumstances - Vikes with Cousins. Broncos with Manning. But you should only be missing that one piece. Jags would be a good match for Brees.

We...have more holes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s ok under the right circumstances - Vikes with Cousins. Broncos with Manning. But you should only be missing that one piece. Jags would be a good match for Brees.

We...have more holes.
We've yet to see if the Cousins thing is even going to work out. Cousins has put up great stats but they have 2 wins to show for it. If the end result is a worse record than last year and then they lose some of their top defensive players because they don't have the money any longer was it really worth it?

Manning worked out well though. It's scary with a QB in the twilight of his career but sometimes you can milk it for a short time like they did.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life

all is well, all is well....

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
This team is heading for a six or seven win season. They'll pull a few upsets off and put themselves right back into a difficult draft situation. Our defense alone is good enough to ensure us four more W's.
Garrett is garbage but I believe the main problem is Dak, and he has to go ASAP. I've been checking out the top QB's in next year's draft, and I'm not really sure if there's a blue chipper. But it's time to move up and get our guy

Smitty

DCC 4Life
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/quarterback/

Here are the WRs since you would probably need to purchase some of them if you are going all in.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

Personally I think I would rather draft Will Grier.
Ryan Fitzpatrick you say, huh?

Also, love that Cole Beasley is a free agent. Good thing we have Ryan Switz-

Oh.

Well, good thing we solidified the interior of our DL in that Switzer trade by getting Jihad Wa-

Oh.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This team is heading for a six or seven win season. They'll pull a few upsets off and put themselves right back into a difficult draft situation. Our defense alone is good enough to ensure us four more W's.
Garrett is garbage but I believe the main problem is Dak, and he has to go ASAP. I've been checking out the top QB's in next year's draft, and I'm not really sure if there's a blue chipper. But it's time to move up and get our guy
This is the guy I like most right now:

21. Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
Grade: 87 | Height: 6-4 | Weight: 225 | Previous: NR

A poor man's Patrick Mahomes, Lock has a big arm, but he is a bit sloppy and inconsistent with placement. He has a tendency to open his front leg and sail throws high, but he has the tools to start in the NFL. The Mizzou QB has 1,283 yards this season and an 11-2 TD-INT ratio, and he has added three rushing touchdowns to highlight his athleticism

shoop

Semi-contributing member
No one defended any of Garrett's playcalling.

The decision to punt is definitely not as bad as people are making it out to be, but it's also neither here nor there. Even if he runs a play on fourth down and we win (no guarantee of any of those outcomes right now), whoopee, we are 3-2 with a QB who still has trouble breaking 200 yards passing on a weekly basis. In other words, still fucked.

Dak still has to go, and it's just as big of a problem as the coach.

Anyone denying that.... has a pro Dak agenda.
My problem with the decision to punt was that our defense was lights out stopping them in the redzone where the field is short and our front 7 had the most impact. They were doing a lot of whatever they wanted with the rest of the field. That's why I would not have punted there. I would have preffered they stop being cute, line up in a power run formation and try to go get two yards.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

all is well, all is well....
When people get upset because you "wish" for Dallas to lose so that things change, they need look no further than this shit right here.

Its one thing to root against your team because they are bad, or you don't like the draft, etc. But for most of us, its simply because the narcissistic Jones clan are always acting like we are 1 player away from the SB, content to let a coach thats "learning" on the job hang around, or false confidence that they've assembled talent equal to a team like the Rams.

Thats when you realize the only true hope is for terrible losses so that change has to happen...or the death of anyone named Jones in the FO.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
When people get upset because you "wish" for Dallas to lose so that things change, they need look no further than this shit right here.

Its one thing to root against your team because they are bad, or you don't like the draft, etc. But for most of us, its simply because the narcissistic Jones clan are always acting like we are 1 player away from the SB, content to let a coach thats "learning" on the job hang around, or false confidence that they've assembled talent equal to a team like the Rams.

Thats when you realize the only true hope is for terrible losses so that change has to happen...or the death of anyone named Jones in the FO.
I think Stephen Jone is just spewing rhetoric because he obviously would not give his true feelings or intentions at this time when there isn’t a plan in place to correct anything. I am pretty sure the internal jawboning is going on about what they think needs to be done or what they perceive needs to be done. If there are plans being formulated we won’t know them until the plug is already pulled.

Rev

Staff member
I think Stephen Jone is just spewing rhetoric because he obviously would not give his true feelings or intentions at this time when there isn’t a plan in place to correct anything. I am pretty sure the internal jawboning is going on about what they think needs to be done or what they perceive needs to be done. If there are plans being formulated we won’t know them until the plug is already pulled.
There are plenty of things you can tell the media to appease fans but he chose not to. He chose the exact opposite and thats our braintrust. That should worry everybody about the future of the organization going forward with Stephen in charge. He couldnt even do the tiniest thing. All he had to do was give the coachspeak. We are going to get back to work, look things over, soul searching, or any one of the others we all here. He chose to simply say our offense is fine.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There are plenty of things you can tell the media to appease fans but he chose not to. He chose the exact opposite and thats our braintrust. That should worry everybody about the future of the organization going forward with Stephen in charge. He couldnt even do the tiniest thing. All he had to do was give the coachspeak. We are going to get back to work, look things over, soul searching, or any one of the others we all here. He chose to simply say our offense is fine.
Not siding here but what else can he say at this point and not make matters worse. I don’t know if there is anything being kicked around by management but they obviously can’t be happy right now.

Rev

Staff member
Not siding here but what else can he say at this point and not make matters worse. I don’t know if there is anything being kicked around by management but they obviously can’t be happy right now.
I gave some examples and I'm sure that there are more.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I gave some examples and I'm sure that there are more.
You did but the only appeasement fans want to hear is what is being done to fix the problem. I don’t think he has an idea about what can or will be done and if he does he isn’t talking now. He just chose to ignore the question.

Rev

Staff member
You did but the only appeasement fans want to hear is what is being done to fix the problem. I don’t think he has an idea about what can or will be done and if he does he isn’t talking now. He just chose to ignore the question.
You will always have those fans that cant see reason. No helping that. My issue is the stance he took. He could have made it easier had he just thought about it. To me it just goes back to the selfish ego the Jones family has. Im going to win my way and be dammned if I change. It started with Jerry and sons learn from dads.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You will always have those fans that cant see reason. No helping that. My issue is the stance he took. He could have made it easier had he just thought about it. To me it just goes back to the selfish ego the Jones family has. Im going to win my way and be dammned if I change. It started with Jerry and sons learn from dads.
That’s exactly what I am saying. He chose to respond in a manner that answers nothing.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Repeating myself again, but what I see is that Stephen is very arrogant about his abilities -- he's basically taken over for his dad the last few years and the drafting has improved, so he thinks he's a great personnel man. He's still confident that the team he's decided on is that talented and capable and will turn it around because dammit, he put this team together and he's good.

Always thought it would be a slow, painful process for him to learn that he's not that smart and he will make mistakes that need to be corrected.

Rev

Staff member
That’s exactly what I am saying. He chose to respond in a manner that answers nothing.
and what the folks here are mad at is the way he answered it. Again not needing notifying of exact moves. Just dont tell me everything is fine and we are just going to wait it out.

Top Bottom