"Dallas Cowboys Run By Losers"

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No one defended any of Garrett's playcalling.

The decision to punt is definitely not as bad as people are making it out to be, but it's also neither here nor there. Even if he runs a play on fourth down and we win (no guarantee of any of those outcomes right now), whoopee, we are 3-2 with a QB who still has trouble breaking 200 yards passing on a weekly basis. In other words, still fucked.

Dak still has to go, and it's just as big of a problem as the coach.

Anyone denying that.... has a pro Dak agenda.
Garrett is the immediate problem that can be delt with. We can't do shit about Dak until after the season. But it makes it really hard to judge much with this shit coaching staff.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
No one defended any of Garrett's playcalling.

The decision to punt is definitely not as bad as people are making it out to be, but it's also neither here nor there. Even if he runs a play on fourth down and we win (no guarantee of any of those outcomes right now), whoopee, we are 3-2 with a QB who still has trouble breaking 200 yards passing on a weekly basis. In other words, still fucked.

Dak still has to go, and it's just as big of a problem as the coach.

Anyone denying that.... has a pro Dak agenda.

That's not how this works efficiently and successfully. The coach has to go first. No one on this coaching staff should have any say in picking the next quarterback.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It doesn't make it hard to judge at all.

Dak is quite obviously not a top caliber QB in this league. No amount of lipstick on a pig, whether from Sean McVay or otherwise, is ever going to turn Dak into a QB who can make all the throws and consistently take us where we want to go.

Debating whether he's Blake Bortles or merely Tyrod Taylor is pointless.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That's not how this works efficiently and successfully. The coach has to go first. No one on this coaching staff should have any say in picking the next quarterback.
Yeah, I think everyone agrees the staff has to go.

And I've also said, you don't just cut Dak today to make a point.

But it's open season, period.

No wishy-washy "well, we have Dak, so we don't want to give up all those picks to move up to get the QB we like."

No wishy-washy "well, we have Dak, so we don't want to give Kirk Cousins $100 million guaranteed."

You operate as if you have no starting QB. Let the job be completely open, without any presumption of an incumbent.

QB is #1 on our list of personnel needs. Pretend like Romo just retired and all we have here is Brandon Weeden and Stephen McGee. You are drafting a guy in the top 10. That's how this situation needs to be treated.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Like, it may reach a point where starting Mike White makes more sense than continuing to play Dak. It's that bad.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I wish they would concede the season already and begin the process of rebuilding right now . Forget waiting another 3 months to begin. Just put an end to this madness, no matter the pain. It can’t possibly be worse than it already is. And I’m talking about offense .

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
"One good draft plus some key free agent acquisitions and Dak will be good as new." That's how Jerry thinks, which is why radical change is a longshot.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I think everyone agrees the staff has to go.

And I've also said, you don't just cut Dak today to make a point.

But it's open season, period.

No wishy-washy "well, we have Dak, so we don't want to give up all those picks to move up to get the QB we like."

No wishy-washy "well, we have Dak, so we don't want to give Kirk Cousins $100 million guaranteed."

You operate as if you have no starting QB. Let the job be completely open, without any presumption of an incumbent.

QB is #1 on our list of personnel needs. Pretend like Romo just retired and all we have here is Brandon Weeden and Stephen McGee. You are drafting a guy in the top 10. That's how this situation needs to be treated.
I am under no illusion that Dak Prescott is ever going to be an Aaron Rodgers level QB.

I am also under no illusion that anyone in this organization presently has the brains to be able to identify a potential franchise QB.

Given the investment that draft equity and financial investment that goes into picking a QB top 5 - which is probably what we'll need to do to find an elite QB - doing all that and picking the wrong guy would set this franchise back damn near a decade.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I am under no illusion that Dak Prescott is ever going to be an Aaron Rodgers level QB.

I am also under no illusion that anyone in this organization presently has the brains to be able to identify a potential franchise QB.

Given the investment that draft equity and financial investment that goes into picking a QB top 5 - which is probably what we'll need to do to find an elite QB - doing all that and picking the wrong guy would set this franchise back damn near a decade.
So what? Isn't that what I've been told I'm doing with Garrett? I don't have any faith this front office will pick the right coach either, but since Garrett isn't taking us where we want to go, might as well cut bait and spin the wheel again.

Same goes for QB. It's time to cut bait.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Like, it may reach a point where starting Mike White makes more sense than continuing to play Dak. It's that bad.
If we are sitting at like 2-6 I'd probably consider the same. But first Garrett needs to go.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
"One good draft plus some key free agent acquisitions and Dak will be good as new." That's how Jerry thinks, which is why radical change is a longshot.
Feels like what they said when they drafted Zeke instead of going hard after Goff/Wentz like I wanted.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
It's 4th and two, and the only thing in Garrett's intellectual playbook is a running play to Elliott. But they'd just stuffed one, and they'd been stuffing Elliott all night. So Garrett's out of bullets. So he does what he's done dozens of time before from inside the opponents 50 -- punt.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's 4th and two, and the only thing in Garrett's intellectual playbook is a running play to Elliott. But they'd just stuffed one, and they'd been stuffing Elliott all night. So Garrett's out of bullets. So he does what he's done dozens of time before from inside the opponents 50 -- punt.
This is why I put a caveat on the criticism. I said it's still "disappointing" -- but it's not as open and shut as "They have Elliott and the best OL in football, what was he thinking?!?!" Well, he was thinking the Texans had eaten up short running plays all night long for no gain or lossed yardage, that's what. It does make SOME sense. You're not quite in QB sneak for a first range.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
So what? Isn't that what I've been told I'm doing with Garrett? I don't have any faith this front office will pick the right coach either, but since Garrett isn't taking us where we want to go, might as well cut bait and spin the wheel again.

Same goes for QB. It's time to cut bait.

There's no point in cutting bait. You have another year before you need to extend him. I'm all for drafting another QB, but you can do that with Dak on the roster. In the meantime, bring in a new coach - who hopefully isn't a complete retard - let him evaluate the situation and do what he thinks is best.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
There's no point in cutting bait. You have another year before you need to extend him. I'm all for drafting another QB, but you can do that with Dak on the roster. In the meantime, bring in a new coach - who hopefully isn't a complete retard - let him evaluate the situation and do what he thinks is best.
Yeah, I've said no need to outright cut him.

But mentally cut bait. He's no longer the starter. As I said, I might turn it over to Mike White at some point to see what he's got this season.

I'm drafting a QB early in the first round, or trading up to get one. That's not what a team with a 25 year old entrenched starter does. Or I'm gonna throw a megacontract at a free agent if one were to come available (say, even, Drew Brees?).

I'm moving on. You don't have to cut him outright, but I'm not operating like Prescott is still the starter and let's see what the next staff makes of him. No, I'm out to replace him. If it turns out I can't get up high enough to draft a guy I like and Prescott has to start again, so be it, but I'm trying.

Divorce yourself from the notion that he's your long term starter. That's the cut bait I'm talking about. Operate as if you don't have a QB, because in reality, no staff is gonna turn him into an elite QB.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I know you were halfway kidding about Brees. He will be 40 in January. Dont go look at the QBs that are to be free agents because it will scare you. Bridgewater may be the best one there.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I know you were halfway kidding about Brees. He will be 40 in January. Dont go look at the QBs that are to be free agents because it will scare you. Bridgewater may be the best one there.
Yeah, I have no idea who will be available.

But it is "halfway" kidding about Brees.

I might be interested if he can give me 2 seasons.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I've said no need to outright cut him.

But mentally cut bait. He's no longer the starter. As I said, I might turn it over to Mike White at some point to see what he's got this season.

I'm drafting a QB early in the first round, or trading up to get one. That's not what a team with a 25 year old entrenched starter does. Or I'm gonna throw a megacontract at a free agent if one were to come available (say, even, Drew Brees?).

I'm moving on. You don't have to cut him outright, but I'm not operating like Prescott is still the starter and let's see what the next staff makes of him. No, I'm out to replace him. If it turns out I can't get up high enough to draft a guy I like and Prescott has to start again, so be it, but I'm trying.

Divorce yourself from the notion that he's your long term starter. That's the cut bait I'm talking about. Operate as if you don't have a QB, because in reality, no staff is gonna turn him into an elite QB.

I'm on board with that, but it's not going to happen - nor should it happen - without a new coach coming in. I don't think this staff knows how to evaluate and/or develop the position, and I don't think they know enough to convince Jerry that he needs to change course at the position.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah unless someone gets cut going after a free agent after this season looks like a waste of time. Besides I think the real advantage in the NFL these days is getting a young stud QB on a cheap contract. Tying up 30 mil a season on a QB doesn't seem like a good idea in free agency.

Top Bottom